• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Veda Classes for All Castes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to share a very interesting comment that a North Indian temple priest told me regarding the vedas-
वेदों में ही जीवन का असली रहस्य छुपा हुआ है . That is "The real secret of Life is in Vedas."
As such I would be criminal to disallow some ppl from gaining this knowledge.
I'm for Vedic Studies for all hindus. Wat abt u bro/sis?

Sri.Ramnujan,

Vedic studies are already for all Hindus. Arya Samaj started Vedic Schools for all Hindus irrespective of caste as early as the late 19th century. You can read more from here

Cheers!

No sir. I've plans to pursue vedic studies but don't know where to go. I'm searching the net for vedas patashalas but so far not found the right one which suits me. I have enquired a lot but the prblm is that they take ppl at young age. I would prefer a vaishavite tamil vedic school. Mine is Ahobila madam. I have sent them an enquiry which they have not yet answered. I have also sent an enquiry to this school in andhra http://www.vedamantram.com/pathashala.htm I hope I will find one very soon.
If u know any do tell me.

I dont know any vedapatashala personally.. nor i dont know the types..

I just asked because, the brahmins themselves do not prefer to learn vedas now a days.. how are we assuming that dalits and other caste people wanted to learn vedas?

Other caste people, never wanted to learn vedas, and hence the accusation that vedas are denied to them is void..

I dont know any vedapatashala personally.. nor i dont know the types..

I just asked because, the brahmins themselves do not prefer to learn vedas now a days.. how are we assuming that dalits and other caste people wanted to learn vedas?

Other caste people, never wanted to learn vedas, and hence the accusation that vedas are denied to them is void..

How do you they did not want to learn vedas? There is sufficent info from the dharmashastras itself how the shudra should be treated if he muttered the vedas. This means a shudra would have wanted to, but was not allowed to either hear nor spell out stuff from the vedas.

A punishment does not exist, if the 'crime' (or the event) does not exist. Obviously such a punishment must have been created, because such an event (of shudra saying vedic verses) existed.

Last edited:
Senthil Sir, I totally agree with u. Now a days one does sandhya vandanam, goes to vishnusahasranama classes, punal changing ceremony,3 day kalyanam ceremony, child 1st birthday ceremony. Otherwise no body is concerned abt teaching their kids vedas esp those who reside out of TN resultingly lot of brahmins boys and girls are not the way they used to be. They have become intolerant, kovam sekroma varum, get irritated very easily.
I give u my personal ex there is an temple near my house. Name Vishvakarma mandir. Whenever u meet the head priest u get tremendous positive vibes. He always talks politely with everyone and minds his business also very very helpful in nature. So ppl of all my area including my appa go to him for advice. They are attracted to him like pattam poochi(podhu makkal) to a flower(priest) for sweet(knowledge).Give dakshina on every amavasya etc. I get inspired from him. I also want to be like him. I'm attaching the image of the temple which is still under construction. Every day they conduct bhajans of krshna radha. Recently when they placed the idols in a big ceremony.
IMG0068A.jpg

@happyhindu

How do you they did not want to learn vedas? There is sufficent info from the dharmashastras itself how the shudra should be treated if he muttered the vedas. This means a shudra would have wanted to, but was not allowed to either hear nor spell out stuff from the vedas.

A punishment does not exist, if the 'crime' (or the event) does not exist. Obviously such a punishment must have been created, because such an event (of shudra saying vedic verses) existed.

Ok.. how many shudras aspired for learning vedas, but punished? We may not have details during manu and later.. but we have documented history for the past 200 years.. Can you please list out, how many shudras, how many dalits, craved for learning vedas, but were being denied, discriminated and punished by the brahmanas?

You are making a hype of a crime that does not happen in the past known periods, and you are making your accusation, just because it is present in a dharmashastra..

@happyhindu

Ok.. how many shudras aspired for learning vedas, but punished? We may not have details during manu and later.. but we have documented history for the past 200 years.. Can you please list out, how many shudras, how many dalits, craved for learning vedas, but were being denied, discriminated and punished by the brahmanas?

You are making a hype of a crime that does not happen in the past known periods, and you are making your accusation, just because it is present in a dharmashastra..

Senthil,

I am merely mentioning things. There is no need to use words like "hype". Again, please do not characterise.

The best documented "history" is what is going on in present-day India. Can you please tell me why the orthodoxy denies vedic education to shudras today?

Some people have also put in efforts: Shastras

For crimes against folks based on caste: Read this: 57. Manu and the Shudras There are plenty of books on the caste issue and crimes commimted basedon caste on google books...

Btw, a request:
please can you first focus on your stand that "britishers created untouchability, etc" for now please before moving on to multiple topics...

You have the same system in worldover. You have intellectuals [brahmanas], you have administrators and military men [ksatriyas], you have businessmen and farmers [vaisyas] and you have workers[shudras]. The Vedic system just recognizes these groups, that’s all. It’s quite natural.
http://krishna.org/the-indian-caste-system/
This is the biggest problem! Every sudra wants to be called a Brahmin! But they don’t want to follow the principals of brahminical life. In the Vedic age it was the kings duty to see that everyone claiming to be a Brahmin was qualified in terms of guna [qualities] and karma [work]. This safety mechanism has to be there otherwise unqualified “Brahmins” will spoil everything… It has happened in India so now many Indians want to get rid of the caste system altogether, because it has become a system being used by a few to exploit the others… But it is better to correct the system than throw it out. But where are the qualified Brahmins? That is the difficulty… So we should start training some. Srila Prabhupada wanted us to start “Varnasrama Colleges” to train Brahmins and ksatriyas… but it has not happened yet… But these colleges hold the key to the success of society in the future.
varnasramacaravata purusena parah puman
visnur aradhyate pantha nanyat tat-tosa-karanam
“The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Lord Visnu, is worshipped by the propper execution of prescribed duties in the system of varna and asrama. There is no other way to satisfy the Supreme Personality of Godhead. One must be situated in the institution of the four varnas and asramas.” (Visnu Purana 3.8.9)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back