• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Vaduvoor Sri Kothandaramar

Vaduvoor Sri Kothandaramar

1620980426069.png

Dear Praveen I have written this earlier. A lot of words are mis-spelt by thse who publsih. There are two negatves: (i) Progeny who learn only Tamil but read Sanskrit names in ENGLISH script will take printed material as authentic and get misguided for ever. In 50s, TAMBRAMs were using more sanskrit words in household like samaththu, asaththu, budhdhisaali and many more. Slowly they have disappeared. (ii) The meaning itself is different. KO (rulership) Dhandam (दण्ड) (a wand held by king செங்கோல்). Ko DHanda Ramar is closer to Sanskrit. Like wise it is Ko DHanda Paani and not Baani). Pani means hand. We pronounce and write correctly paani grahanam for marriage but write kothandabani when it comes to Bhagwan Shri Rama. Like wise , it is KanaKavalli and not kanagavalli. I AM RETIRED AND FREE. I OFFER MY SERVICES TO EDIT ALL MATERALS YOU GET FOR PUBLICATION + INCLUDE SANSKRIT AND TAMIL CHARACTERS AND SEND YOU SAME DAY. This is the least i can do to pass down the treasures we inherited to our progeny. Narayana

Dear Praveen I have written this earlier. A lot of words are mis-spelt by thse who publsih. There are two negatves: (i) Progeny who learn only Tamil but read Sanskrit names in ENGLISH script will take printed material as authentic and get misguided for ever. In 50s, TAMBRAMs were using more sanskrit words in household like samaththu, asaththu, budhdhisaali and many more. Slowly they have disappeared. (ii) The meaning itself is different. KO (rulership) Dhandam (दण्ड) (a wand held by king செங்கோல்). Ko DHanda Ramar is closer to Sanskrit. Like wise it is Ko DHanda Paani and not Baani). Pani means hand. We pronounce and write correctly paani grahanam for marriage but write kothandabani when it comes to Bhagwan Shri Rama. Like wise , it is KanaKavalli and not kanagavalli. I AM RETIRED AND FREE. I OFFER MY SERVICES TO EDIT ALL MATERALS YOU GET FOR PUBLICATION + INCLUDE SANSKRIT AND TAMIL CHARACTERS AND SEND YOU SAME DAY. This is the least i can do to pass down the treasures we inherited to our progeny. Narayana
Thank you for your assistance sir.

I will leave it to the individual to take this up.

Latest ads

Back