• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

V. Anand new world No. 1 in Chess!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the latest announcement from FIDE:

http://in.rediff.com/sports/2007/apr/01chess.htm

Born in an orthodox Brahmana family, similar to Ramanujam, he lives in Besant Nagar, Madras. Here is an interview with his parents, who, even though very orthodox, are also quite knowledgeable about what it takes to make it to the top.

http://specials.rediff.com/sports/2007/mar/16sld1.htm

It reminds one that success cannot be grabbed by means of quotas or other forced tactics. There are no shortcuts in life. To be the very best, it takes a combination of talent and perseverance, not running after entitlements.

It is an irony that this achievement took place on the same day that the fascist KKK parties are jumping up and down in the streets agitating for shortcuts. It is unfortunate that the bandh prevented people turning up to congratulate his parents. I wonder if the Ramadosses, Karus and Veeramani's will congratulate him and give him an award like they gave to that unfortunate woman (alleged to be a transgender) recently. I am sure they will claim that the award money was spent on the Periyar film sponsored by them :)

On a lighter note, it would be interesting to see if the KKK parties can suggest any modifications to the chess rules for "backward" champions. For example:

a. If a "backward" chess player plays an opponent to a draw, it is considered as a win for him/her!

b. A "backward" players' pawn can move one square back also, in addition to moving forward.

c. In fact, all pieces of a "backward" player can move both backward and forward on the grid, while a "forward" players' pieces can only move forward. This applies to knights and rooks also.

d. A "backward" player is allowed 20% additional "grace time", before he/she has to make a move, compared to a "forward" player.

e. If the "backward" player has 3 or more fewer pieces on the board compared to the "forward" player, then the "backward" player is entitled to convert any piece to a queen.

If too many "forward" players are still getting to the top ranks even after these changes, then the "pirpaduthapattavargal" are allowed to seek further changes, so as to allow the bottom 69% ranks to be only occupied by the "pirpaduthapattavargal". Because of all the pirpaduthapattifying by the "forwards", the FIDE constitution will be changed by an amendment to ensure this policy in the name of "social justice".

Some Thoughts | Possible modifications

Here is the latest announcement from FIDE:

Born in an orthodox Brahmana family, similar to Ramanujam, he lives in Besant Nagar, Madras.

It reminds one that success cannot be grabbed by means of quotas or other forced tactics. There are no shortcuts in life. To be the very best, it takes a combination of talent and perseverance, not running after entitlements.

On a lighter note, it would be interesting to see if the KKK parties can suggest any modifications to the chess rules for "backward" champions. For example:

Some Thoughts about Vishy's success.

I have always thought that Vishy & Leander are the true protagonists of what individual excellence is all about. They are the leading lights of how success can be achieved in India DESPITE the system.

It is no sheer coincidence that both in Vishy's & Leander's, the system DID NOTHING and that was such a huge relief !!!!!. Vishy's formative years were in Philiphines while Leander was under the wings of BAT spearheaded by Vijay Amritraj. One shudders to think how their careers would have been had Govt had any role to play.

Indian sports is back broken & is on crutches. No wonder Indian Sports Authority is called "SAI" (bent) - Sports Authority of India.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought Anand stays in Spain ? Ofcourse he does visit Chennai.

Mrifan, Good thoughts on the changes KKK's could push for in Chess. May i add some more ?

a) Firstly the concept of black & white squares & pieces reflect the vanrashrama system & is anti-dravidian. Hence the squares & pieces have to be recoloured with black & red.

b) In line with the TN reservation system 45 squares (44.16 to be precise r/off to next integer) will be RESERVED for the Non FC player.

c) FC player will be blindfolded.

d) It is only natural that even in the distribution of pieces reservation should be followed. Hence non FC player will be entitled to 23 of the 32 pieces.

e) The 23 pieces thus reserved for non FC player will be at the choice of the non FC player. For eg : H/she could opt for 12 Queens, 10 Rooks etc....

f) Symbolic of LTTE acquiring air strike power, the Non FC player will be allowed to make an "air strike" on the opponent's pieces. The non FC player's piece will be lifted off the board, will make a purrrrring sound & strike at any position of the FC.

g) The non FC player will be accompanied by eminent poets like Vairam, Vaali et all. Once the non FC player captures the "Knight" (elephant for commoners like me), the poets will immediately launch into a "Bharani singing" in praise of the Non FC player

h) In a time bound game, the time available will be "equitably & justifiably" split in the ratio of 95% : 5% for Non FC & FC respectively.

i) Lastly & most importantly FIDE will be expanded as "Founder of Indian Dalit - Emeritus" after EVR

Game on ?

Hariharan

Good one :)) You might want to add the following

j. 69% of all Grandmaster titles are reserved for non-FC players and all non-FC players start as grandmasters.

k. The quota system will be strictley enforced for promotion to Super Grandmasters.

Ramki
Some Thoughts about Vishy's success.

I have always thought that Vishy & Leander are the true protagonists of what individual excellence is all about. They are the leading lights of how success can be achieved in India DESPITE the system.

It is no sheer coincidence that both in Vishy's & Leander's, the system DID NOTHING and that was such a huge relief !!!!!. Vishy's formative years were in Philiphines while Leander was under the wings of BAT spearheaded by Vijay Amritraj. One shudders to think how their careers would have been had Govt had any role to play.

Indian sports is back broken & is on crutches. No wonder Indian Sports Authority is called "SAI" (bent) - Sports Authority of India.

I thought Anand stays in Spain ? Ofcourse he does visit Chennai.

Mrifan, Good thoughts on the changes KKK's could push for in Chess. May i add some more ?

a) Firstly the concept of black & white squares & pieces reflect the vanrashrama system & is anti-dravidian. Hence the squares & pieces have to be recoloured with black & red.

b) In line with the TN reservation system 45 squares (44.16 to be precise r/off to next integer) will be RESERVED for the Non FC player.

c) FC player will be blindfolded.

d) It is only natural that even in the distribution of pieces reservation should be followed. Hence non FC player will be entitled to 23 of the 32 pieces.

e) The 23 pieces thus reserved for non FC player will be at the choice of the non FC player. For eg : H/she could opt for 12 Queens, 10 Rooks etc....

f) Symbolic of LTTE acquiring air strike power, the Non FC player will be allowed to make an "air strike" on the opponent's pieces. The non FC player's piece will be lifted off the board, will make a purrrrring sound & strike at any position of the FC.

g) The non FC player will be accompanied by eminent poets like Vairam, Vaali et all. Once the non FC player captures the "Knight" (elephant for commoners like me), the poets will immediately launch into a "Bharani singing" in praise of the Non FC player

h) In a time bound game, the time available will be "equitably & justifiably" split in the ratio of 95% : 5% for Non FC & FC respectively.

i) Lastly & most importantly FIDE will be expanded as "Founder of Indian Dalit - Emeritus" after EVR

Game on ?

The "Kannagi" Move !

One last dig !

If, i know it's a BIG if, the FC player somehow manages to checkmate the non FC player's king (with all the restrictions), what happens ?

Game is over ?

No my dear sirs !

The non FC player will then proceed to make what will henceforth be known as the "Kannagi move".

One of the queens (he has the choice of number of queens, you know) will be designated as the "Kannagi Queen".

This queen will be allowed to proceed to the square opposite to the FC's king's square & launch into a verbal tirade against Aryan domination, Vanrashrama system, Atheist propoganda et all.

At the end of it, the FC king & remaining pieces if any will go up in flames literally.

Ramar Pillai petrol to be kept handy for the non FC player.

Epilogue.

Epilogue:-

1. All FC players migrated to US.

2. One of the FC players worked together with several Nobel laureates in CDC and John Hopkins Univ. to hypothesize (with sufficient empirical evidence) that playing Chaturanga (vedic version of Chess) leads to much greater development of mental faculties.

The team also found that prolonged hours of playing the present version of Chess may lead to stunted growth of certain muscles in Brain and make one susceptible to Downs's syndrome, Mad Cow's disease, Sad Doll disease, Parkinson's disease etc.

3. The findings were accepted worldwide and in honor thereof, the hypothesis was named as Tambram Hypothesis (like Avogadro's hypothesis).

4. FIDE was dissolved.

5. Government of India (GOI) constituted a GoM to study the implications of the findings and hypothesis. GoM was asked to submit a report at the earliest.

6. GoM has invited representations from all affected parties. Representations are to be submitted in A-4 paper in triplicate duly attested by a first class magistrate or a Gazetted Officer or equivalent and to be submitted to GoM Sectt. not later than 31-03-2015.

7. The last date for submission of representation is relaxable by a period of 5 years for people not belonging to FC List.

...last seen..: Rahul Dravid playing Chaturanga on the sands of Kovalam beach after taking sanyas from Cricket !

One last dig !

If, i know it's a BIG if, the FC player somehow manages to checkmate the non FC player's king (with all the restrictions), what happens ?

Game is over ?

No my dear sirs !

The non FC player will then proceed to make what will henceforth be known as the "Kannagi move".

One of the queens (he has the choice of number of queens, you know) will be designated as the "Kannagi Queen".

This queen will be allowed to proceed to the square opposite to the FC's king's square & launch into a verbal tirade against Aryan domination, Vanrashrama system, Atheist propoganda et all.

At the end of it, the FC king & remaining pieces if any will go up in flames literally.

Ramar Pillai petrol to be kept handy for the non FC player.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back