• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Use of words

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear and Respected Members,

The mouth can be like cannon and speech more damaging than any exploding shell. Be discriminate in your use of words.

A.V.V.RAJAGOPAL-COIMBATOTRE- TAMILNADU
For words, substitute forum postings.
In other “words”, “Be discriminate in use of Forum Threads posted”

Last edited:
Dear and Respected Members,
The mouth can be like cannon and speech more damaging than any exploding shell. Be discriminate in your use of words.
A.V.V.RAJAGOPAL-COIMBATOTRE- TAMILNADU

Dear Sri Rajagopal,

Well said. Use of words exposes a person's culture and upbringing. Politeness in conversation and exchange of mutual respect is the hallmark of cultural refinement. Unfortunately the art of good conversation is losing its sheen. We are suppose to discuss issues in Tamil Brahmin Forum, which many times, (unfortunately) turn into argument, due to use of strong words. It is important that we should confine to discuss issues in thread and not trespass outside with subjects unconnected, outside the thread.

Warm Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Well said. Use of words exposes a person's culture and upbringing. .
Is this really true?
Prahlada was born in an Asura family but had exceptionally noble qualities. Was it due to his upbringing?
How do we explain the drastic difference in personalities between Ravana and Vibhishana or Vidhura and Dhritarastra who were born in the same family and exposed to the same culture and upbringing?

I feel it is the environment and the traits that cause an individual to respond or react.
I wouldnt be surprised if many wear a different hat for different situations

I agree, Naina

In the short period that I've been on board this austere forum, I've come across some very healthy
debates and discussions - never any un-parliamentary language.

Surely, I can do without some 'pep-talk'.

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back