• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Not open for further replies.
Is there any method to conduct upanayanam for a Lingayath boy (karnataka), since he and his family wants to get himself married to a Tamil Iyer girl and they also want it to be conducted by iyer tradition. This is wish of the boy and his relatives. (not from the girl's side). As I understand to do this traditional Iyer marriage, the boy has to have upanayanam first.
Yes upanayanam can be performed for the boy. All varnAs has this ritual. Pls consult your family priest rather than the girl's.
Thanks for the information. If the upanayanam is conducted , whether the boy will be given a Gothram also, to enable him to perform the " Abivadhaye". I would be grateful for any details on this too.
You are not 'assigned' Gotra at upanayanam or at any time. Elders in
your family should be knowing. Otherwise, there is a practice that in such cases the name 'vishwakarma' is adopted or "assigned". Anyway, please consult educated (in these) elders or priest and proceed:faint2:
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads