• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Upanayanam - suitable date during Feb or April 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear all,

Namaskarams.

We intend performing Upanayanam for our Son during the earliest auspicious date of Uttarayana, preferably during Feb 2018 or April 2018.

Whether 11-Feb-2018 is a suitable date? Also like to have a couple of dates after March 2018.

My Son's details : Date of Birth: 21-07-2005. IST 01:49 PM. Uttarashadam (Uthradam) Star 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Paadam. Makara Kooru. Thulam Lagnam ;

Father's details : Date of Birth : 17-05-1971. IST 04:42 AM Sravana Nakshathram (Thiruvonam) 4th Paadam, Makaram kooru, Mesha lagnam;

Mother's details : Date of Birth : 04-07-1975 IST 00:20 AM Aswathi Nakshathram 4th Paadam, Mesha kooru, Meena Lagnam.

Any further details required, kindly let us know.

Request your guidance and suggestion of suitable Muhurtham dates and timings.

We thank you in advance.

Sorry to note that you have not got any reply to this and even to your earlier thread, with the same Q.

Shall send a P M to Gopalan Sir and request him to help you. Please wait.

Mrs. Raji Ram

Thank you madam. Detailed query is the latest one. Shall await an urgent response.

Regards,

Rattan Kumar.R., Trivandrum, Kerala

Sorry to note that you have not got any reply to this and even to your earlier thread, with the same Q.

Shall send a P M to Gopalan Sir and request him to help you. Please wait.

Mrs. Raji Ram

Usually Sri. Gopalan helps as soon as he receives a message from me.

He might be busy and has not logged into our forum. We have to wait. :)

February is equal to மாசி month in Tamil calendar, which is considered auspicious for conducting Upanayanam. Has the parents decided to send the boy to Gurukula to learn vedic studies ? If not any month is suitable for conducting the symbolic celebration.

Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

February is equal to மாசி month in Tamil calendar, which is considered auspicious for conducting Upanayanam. Has the parents decided to send the boy to Gurukula to learn vedic studies ? If not any month is suitable for conducting the symbolic celebration.

Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

Sir,
Whether 11-2-2017 is suitable for the function?

Thanks & Regards,

Rattan Kumar.R.,

Sir,
Whether 11-2-2017 is suitable for the function?

Thanks & Regards,

Rattan Kumar.R.,

Dear Mr.Kumar,
I am not conversant with Astrology.
Neither a student of the subject. Better consult your purohit or family astrologer if you have one to find a suitable date for your son's Upanayanam.
Best wishes,
Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

sir, sukran asthamanam is there from 29-11-2017 to 19-02-2018. yajur vedam people should not do any subha karyam during this period.

In reply to upanayanam days i am giving here the details. First UTHIRAYANAM; From 16 th january to 15th july every year is the best one. Tamil month MAASI month is good. STARS; aswathi;rohini; mirugasiesham;punarpoosam;poosam;uthiram; hastham;chithrai;swathi; anusham; uthiraadam; thiruvonam; avittam; sadayam; uthirathadhi; revathy.

THITHI; dwithiyayi;thruthiyai; panchami; sapthami;dasami;ekadasi ;dwadasi;thrayodasi, in sukla patcham.

and in krishna patcham:dwithiyai, thruthiyay, and panchami.

LAGNAM; rishabam;mithunam; katakam;kanni;thulam;dhanus; meenam.

The eighth place from lagnam should be empty. without any planets. During the period of mars asthamanam and/or neecham sama vedics should not do upanayanam. For rig vedis guru neecham or asthamanam; for yajur vedis sukrassthamanam or neecham and for atharvana vedam budan neecham or asthaman should not be there for upanayanam.

THARA PALAM; CHANDRA PALAM MUST BE THERE.

KASARA YOGAM IS A MUST.

Panchagam must be seen. If required panchaka preethi must be done. Thyaajyam for thithi,star, day.and lagnam should be seen./checked.

Un matching stars for subha muhurthangal; From the Birth star of one (male or female) 1,3,5,7,10,14,19,22, and 27 stars are not good.

From the chandra rasi the 8th rasi 2 1/4 stars are not good.

THITHI: chathurthy, shasty, astami;navami; dwadasi and chathurdasi are not good;

YOGANGAL; Marana yogam;uthpadha yogam; Prabhalarishta yogam are not good. KARI NAAL AND DHANIYA NAAL should be avoided,

Rahu kalam; yama kandam; kuligai kalam; and tuesday and saturday are not good.

for upanayanam the very next day of the Brahmopadesam day should not be a anadhyayanam day. that is New moon and Fulmoon day the previous day and the next day of the newmoon and full moon day and krishna pathcha astami days are anadhyayanam days. you can chant the vedas which you have learned in the previous days.

GURU BHALAM; If the guru is in lagnam, kendram;thirikonam or in ucchham thithi vaaram etc. dosham will not be there. If the chandran is on Rohini star no dosham for thithi, vaaram ,will be there.

If there is on that particular month two new moon or two full moon or on that month no tamil madha pirappu or two tamil madha pirapuu on the month subha muhurtham on these months should be avoided. chithrai and vaikasi are exception for this rule. There are plenty of exceptions are also there.

Respected Gopalan Sir,

Thank you for your detailed post.

I hope you will give a suitable dates to the member needing help

because only people like you can actually FIND the correct day.

Thank you. :pray2:

sir, you may do upanayanam on 04-03-2018 maasi 20th; sunday; thruthiiyai thithi hastham star mesham lagnam from 9 A.M. to 10-30 A.M. for april new panchangam must come. please wait for that.

Dear Sri Gopalan,
"Paranthaman Panchankam" shows the following Upanayanam muhurtham on 19 th February 2018

Kindly checkup and advise.
Regards,

Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

Last edited:
kasaram must be seen. no pariharam for kasaram. on 19th as kasaram is not favarable subha karyams should not be done. suryan is on sadayam star on this day. from sadayam to uththirattadhi star on this day number 3 is coming. This should be divided by 9 . remaining number is three.

3,4,5,9 are kasara yogams. this should be avoided. remaining part must be 1,2,6,7,8, which is good for muhurtham days.

secondly the Moon will be on the lagna on that day. it is not good. thirdly uththiratadhi star is ending by 12-30 p.m. on that day. and revathy star starts from 12-30 p.m. This is also not good. on muhurtham day both thithi and star should be there from sunrise to sunset which is favorable.

so 4th march is good one. www. harikesanallur. com also have given this date. 19-2-2018. in their muhurtham days for the year heyvilambi.

Gopalan Sir,
Namaskarams.

Great to have you back to activity in our Forum.

Regarding my Son's upanayanam :-

We are Rikvedis.

star of son - Uthradam, Father - Thiruvonam
Makara Rasi for both.

Jan 18, 22, 28, Feb 1, 2, 4, 5, 11 and April 1, 20, 22 and 27 are not suitable for us due to other commitments.

Could you kindly consider and advice other dates available as Muhurtham during Jan, February and April.

Looking forward to your advice.

Regards,

Rattan

Dear Gopalan Sir,

Pranams.
I have deliberately avoided March month in my query as it is Examination period for my Son.
Thus, either it should be in Jan-Feb 2018 or during April 2018. During the month of Medam Krishna Paksha Ekadasi,
happens to be the Thevasam date of my mother.
Also Jan 18, 22 & 28, Feb 1, 2,4,5,11 and Apr 1, 20, 22 & 27 are inconvenient dates for us.
If we wait for the April Panchangam to come, that is, if we lose more time, even getting mantapams becomes difficult.
Again, I wish to repeat that my Son's star - Uthradam and Star of father - Thiruvonam, both Makaram Rasi.
Kindly enlighten us with your valuable guidance.

Regards,

Rattan Kumar

Dear Gopalan Sir,
Pranams.
Aathu Vaathyar has given suitable date as 28-1-2017 and 22-4-17.
Can I have your valuable advice on the dates proposed?
Regards,

Rattan

Dear Gopalan Sir,

Kindly advice on the suitability of 28-1-2018 for Upanayanam of my Son Uthradam Star, Makara Rasi, Father Thiruvonam, Makara Rasi.

thanks & Regards

Rattan

On 28th thaaraa palam is not there. request your vadhyar to do pariharam for thaaraa palam. two sankiranams are there. that is thai month and masi month maadha pirappu are there. so it is 60% o.k.

sir, sukran asthamanam is there from 29-11-2017 to 19-02-2018. yajur vedam people should not do any subha karyam during this period.
Sir, could you please elaborate or provide some links, I would like to understand what this means. We've an upcoming Grihapravesam on 30-Nov & just happened to observe your post & not sure we should go-ahead with the ceremony.

In addition, we were too considering 19-Feb for our Son's Upanayanam & now thinking if could postpone to 20th because we're only at the early stage of planning.

Please advice. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back