• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

[Request] Upanayanam Guidance

Visakan

Dear Gopalan Sir,
Namaskaram.
I request you to kindly clarify my following doubts.
1.As per Hindu Dharma a Brahmin child's upanayana must be performed when he is eight years old from conception, that is when he is seven years and two months old from birth.
2.In this context, I would like to bring to your kind attention, my grandson's D.O.B is 06 07 2016 and he will be 7 years old only in the month of July 2023.One has to wait till September 1st week for the completion of 7 years 2 months.Do we have to perform the upanayanam for our grandson in 2024, in Utharayanam, in the Tamil month of Masi?
Ours- Yajurvedam Apasthamba sutram Kousika Gothram.
Grandson DOB:06 09 2016
Nakshatram: Poosam. Rasi Kadakam.
Father-Nakshathram-Avittam
Rasi: Makaram.
Can you please guide us?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest ads

Back