• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

unusual incident- 10 day death ritual

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Problem at all...

Sarvam Krishnarpanam,,,...

Suppose if we forget the name of our ancestors.. Usually Vadhyar will ask any such person to pronounce the God's Name of that jurisdiction...

That is all....

Sir, One of my friends father expired recently .Father OBC and mother brahmin and father died recently Son wants to perform 10day rites as per brahmin customs. Isit allowed . How? He doesn't know father side 3 generation names and no other connection with father's side. Can anybody give a solution?

Father OBC means he is ineligible for dwija status unless he belonged to a caste which could be a dwija also. The son has to abide by the father's caste practices and cannot now claim because the mother is a brahmin by birth. The "sarvam krishnaarppanam" is I think what is called "Govindaa KoLLi" which is equivalent to a most degraded funeral for brahmins just as the "themmaaDikkuzhi" for christians in which no priest will officiate. Someone will light the funeral pyre with uttering "Govinda, Govinda" and end with "Sarvam Krishnaarppanam astu", so that any sin in doing such a funeral does not get clinging to him. I know for a fact that very few brahmins will come forward to perform this "Govindaa KoLLi", and usually it is considered highly degrading and so only "sapinDi braahmanan" will come forward. These are the realities of believers.

In short our shastras do not permit a son to pretend that he belongs to the varna of his mother.

Funeral Rituals are almost the same for all Hindus except some additional Rituals for Brahmins.

To my opinion I can say that it is not wrong in doing Rituals if willing to do like brahmins though his Father is a Non Brahmin.

We must make good efforts to minimize the distance among Hindus in General.

Sir, One of my friends father expired recently .Father OBC and mother brahmin and father died recently Son wants to perform 10day rites as per brahmin customs. Isit allowed . How? He doesn't know father side 3 generation names and no other connection with father's side. Can anybody give a solution?

Your friend does not require anybody's permission to do the funeral rites as per the customs of brahmins. He has to look out for a purohit who is prepared to do it for him and go ahead with his mission. But he should not reveal what he has done to people all around. He may lose his right for reservations as a OBC.

Funeral Rituals are almost the same for all Hindus except some additional Rituals for Brahmins.

To my opinion I can say that it is not wrong in doing Rituals if willing to do like brahmins though his Father is a Non Brahmin.

We must make good efforts to minimize the distance among Hindus in General.

"We must make good efforts to minimize the distance among Hindus in General."
Agreed, but not from the point of death onwards but right from the point of birth. Why not then start with the birth ceremonies instead of death?

namaskars.though iam not the authority iam of the openion that one can use the names of lords"BRAHMA,VISHNU&SHIVA"with their respective conserts as his parent,grand parent and grate grand father.he can perform the rites.namaskars "AAKNOW BHADHRAHA KRUTHAVO YANTHU VISVATHAHA" v.lalithakumar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back