• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Transcription software

• Thread starter Thread starter rcscwc
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rcscwc

Transcription software

Baraha is free. It is a very fine software and transcribes Indiac languages from Roman to proper script. It is easy to usev and excellent help is available. Example of Tamil:

வந்தே மாதரம்
வந்தே மாதரம் என்போம் - எங்கள்
மாநிலத் தாயை வணங்குதும் என்போம்
ஜாதி மதங்களைப் பாரோம் - உயர்
ஜன்மமித் தேசத்தில் எய்தின ராயின்
வேதிய ரயினும் ஒன்றே - அன்றி
வேறு குலத்தின ராயினும் ஒன்றே
ஈனப் பறையர்க ளேனும் - அவர்
எம்முடன் வாழ்ந்திங் கிருப்பவர் அன்றோ?
சீனத்த ராய்விடு வாரோ? - பிற
தேசத்தர் போற்பல தீங்கிழைப் பாரோ?
ஆயிரம் உண்டிங்கு ஜாதி- எனில்
அன்னியர் வந்து புகலென்ன நீதி? ஓர்
தாயின் வயிற்றில் பிறந்தோர் - தம்முள்
சண்டைசெய் தாலும் சகோதரர் அன்றோ?
ஒன்று பட்டால் உண்டு வாழ்வே - நம்மில்
ஒற்றுமை நீங்கில் அனைவர்க்கும் தாழ்வே
நன்றிது தேர்ந்திடல் வேண்டும் - இந்த
ஞானம் வந்தாற்பின் நமக்கெது வேண்டும்?
எப்பதம் வாய்த்திடு மேனும் நம்மில்
யாவர்க்கும் அந்த நிலைபொது வாகும்
முப்பது கோடியும் வாழ்வோம் - வீழில்
முப்பது கோடி முழுமையும் வீழ்வோம்
புல்லடி மைத்தொழில் பேணிப் - பண்டு
போயின நாட்களுக் கினிமனம் நாணித்
தொல்லை இகழ்ச்சிகள் தீர - இந்தத்
தொண்டு நிலைமையைத் தூவென்று தள்ளி
-பாரதியார்
Original in Roman
<lang=tam|font="BRH Tamil"|size=22|u>va~ntE mAtaram<-u>

<size=16|color=#dd0000>va~ntE mAtaram enpOm - e~gkaL
mA~nilat tAyai vaNa~gkutum enpOm

jAti mata~gkaLaip pArOm - uyar
janmamit tEcattil eytina rAyin
vEtiya rayinum onRE - anRi
vERu kulattina rAyinum onRE
Inap paRaiyarka LEnum - avar
emmuTan vAzh~nti~g kiruppavar anRO?

cInatta rAyviTu vArO? - piRa
tEcattar pORpala tI~gkizhaip pArO?
Ayiram uNTi~gku jAti- enil
anniyar va~ntu pukalenna ~nIti? Or
tAyin vayiRRil piRa~ntOr - tammuL
caNTaicey tAlum cakOtarar anRO?

onRu paTTAl uNTu vAzhvE - ~nammil
oRRumai ~nI~gkil anaivarkkum tAzhvE
~nanRitu tEr~ntiTal vENTum - i~nta
~jAnam va~ntARpin ~namakketu vENTum?
eppatam vAyttiTu mEnum ~nammil
yAvarkkum a~nta ~nilaipotu vAkum

muppatu kOTiyum vAzhvOm - vIzhil
muppatu kOTi muzhumaiyum vIzhvOm
pullaTi maittozhil pENip - paNTu
pOyina ~nATkaLuk kinimanam ~nANit
tollai ikazhccikaL tIra - i~ntat
toNTu ~nilaimaiyait tUvenRu taLLi

<color=#000000|b>-pAratiyAr

I have not tried transcribing from one script to another. It maybe possible, I don't know.

Remove lang tamil. Result in devanagri

~न्तॆ मातरम
व~न्तॆ मातरम एन्पॊम - एङ्कळ
मा~निलत तायै वणङ्कुतुम एन्पॊम
जाति मतङ्कळैप पारॊम - उयर
जन्ममित तॆचत्तिल एय्तिन रायिन
वॆतिय रयिनुम ओनऎ - अनइ
वॆऋ कुलत्तिन रायिनुम ओनऎ
ईनप पऐयर्क ळॆनुम - अवर
एम्मुटन वाऴ~न्तिङ किरुप्पवर अनऒ?
चीनत्त राय्विटु वारॊ? - पिअ
तॆचत्तर पॊपल तीङ्किऴैप पारॊ?
आयिरम उण्टिङ्कु जाति- एनिल
अन्नियर व~न्तु पुकलेन्न ~नीति? ऒर
तायिन वयिइल पिअ~न्तॊर - तम्मुळ
चण्टैचेय तालुम चकॊतरर अनऒ?
ओनृ पट्टाल उण्टु वाऴ्वॆ - ~नम्मिल
ओऋमै ~नीङ्किल अनैवर्क्कुम ताऴ्वॆ
~ननइतु तॆर~न्तिटल वॆण्टुम - इ~न्त
ञानम व~न्तापिन ~नमक्केतु वॆण्टुम?
एप्पतम वाय्त्तिटु मॆनुम ~नम्मिल
यावर्क्कुम अ~न्त ~निलैपोतु वाकुम
मुप्पतु कॊटियुम वाऴ्वॊम - वीऴिल
मुप्पतु कॊटि मुऴुमैयुम वीऴ्वॊम
पुल्लटि मैत्तोऴिल पॆणिप - पण्टु
पॊयिन ~नाट्कळुक किनिमनम ~नाणित
तोल्लै इकऴ्च्चिकळ तीर - इ~न्तत
तोण्टु ~निलैमैयैत तूवेनृ तळ्ळि
-पारतियार

Seems like Vande Matram. That so?

I find Google mail page (rich text) good enough to write Tamil fonts. But the person who types should know the

correct spelling of the words, to avoid
mistakes. I have not tried other languages though!!

I find Google mail page (rich text) good enough to write Tamil fonts. But the person who types should know the

correct spelling of the words, to avoid
mistakes. I have not tried other languages though!!

Is there any software available to translate TAMIL to ENGLISH..?

kk4646[TVK]

Google transliteration for on line conversion from roman to tamil or samskrit is quite good. For offline use google IME can be installed; I have not tried this.

I wonder what is used by our elite members VR and RR for entering in flawless tamil.

Is there any software available to translate TAMIL to ENGLISH..?
I have seen quite a few in the 'web'. But have not tried yet, Sir!

My need is Tamil fonts when I type 'Thanglish' and Google mail page is of immense help! :)

......... I wonder what is used by our elite members VR and RR for entering in flawless tamil.
Thanks a lot for your appreciation Sir! :)

We type out in 'Google mail page with rich text' and then copy paste in the message box in this forum.

But, I have already written in some other thread that Tamil is a very tricky language. For example

'kulavi' for குழவி, குலவி & குளவி.

So, knowledge of correct spellings is a must!! :high5: (left clicking 'on' the word will give a few options to choose the right spelling)

Last edited:
I have not used google transliteration. But for off line work too you need something.

So far I have had problem with only one word - sonti!! (means left handed person)

Transliteration of 'sonti' gave the following options only:
சொண்டி, சண்டி, சொந்தி, சொன்டி, சோந்தி.

I needed
ஸொன்டி. Finally, I had to type 'soa' ஸொஅ + 'anti' அன்டி and cut off the extra letters! :thumb:

I have not used google transliteration. But for off line work too you need something.
Since we have the unlimited internet facility, I did not think of off line work, Sir! Sorry.
I am waiting for some other person to answer!!:ranger:

Google Transliteration IME is an input method editor which allows users to enter text in one of the supported languages using a roman keyboard. Users can type a word the way it sounds using Latin characters and Google Transliteration IME will convert the word to its native script. Note that this is not the same as translation -- it is the sound of the words that is converted from one alphabet to the other, not their meaning. Converted content will always be in Unicode.
Google Transliteration IME is currently available for 22 different languages -Amharic, Arabic, Bengali, Farsi (Persian), Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Punjabi, Russian, Sanskrit, Serbian, Sinhalese, Tamil, Telugu, Tigrinya and Urdu.

[h=3]Features[/h]
  • Offline Support
    No dependency on internet connection.
  • I have not used google transliteration. But for off line work too you need something.

After entering sonti space, you get one tamil word, may be not be what you want. If you then left click on the word, you get multiple options for the tamil word for choosing the right one. This is especially useful for typing samskrit which has compound letters.

So far I have had problem with only one word - sonti!! (means left handed person)

Transliteration of 'sonti' gave the following options only:
சொண்டி, சண்டி, சொந்தி, சொன்டி, சோந்தி.

I needed
ஸொன்டி. Finally, I had to type 'soa' ஸொஅ + 'anti' அன்டி and cut off the extra letters! :thumb:

We must thank the unicode consortium for keeping the code for the letter common in all languages and prefixing the language code for each letter. Transliteration from one language to another is now child's play!

After entering sonti space, you get one tamil word, may be not be what you want. If you then left click on the word, you get multiple options for the tamil word for choosing the right one. This is especially useful for typing samskrit which has compound letters.
Please read my post again Sir! I have given all the options given by typing 'sonti'

They are சொண்டி, சண்டி, சொந்தி, சொன்டி, சோந்தி.

BTW, I too have mentioned about the 'left click' for options in one of my posts!! :)

Please read my post again Sir! I have given all the options given by typing 'sonti'

BTW, I too have mentioned about the 'left click' for options in one of my posts!! :)

I have done No. poems in Tamil .. But I am yet to come across a software which can convert Tamil [poem/text] to English... Eventhough I have both google IME and Premuki to type in Tamil...I am more comfortable with 'AZAGI' ...

TVK

You are the expert. will curb the urge to give instant solutions!

One beauty about Baraha is that the same source in roman is portable across Indic languages. Transliteration rules too are nearly uniform. Only Roman version should be phonetc. So transliteration from say Tamil to Gujarati is a breeze.

You are the expert. will curb the urge to give instant solutions!
I keep learning something new everyday, Sir!

So I won't call myself an expert!

BTW, have you ever thought of these two 'sayings' together?

1. We should learn from our mistakes!

2. Never stop learning!! :thumb:

In computer terminology one can be a 'domain expert'. We all can be called domain experts.

I am a bit confused. Do we have to make mistakes to learn or we learn only to make mistakes.

1. Type in English using the Rich text available in G mail.

2. Scrutinize with eyes lubricated with pure castor oil for any mistakes.

3. Then copy paste.

Despite all these precautions sometimes some of

the words manage to give me "kadukkaai!" :)

Google transliteration for on line conversion from roman to tamil or samskrit is quite good. For offline use google IME can be installed; I have not tried this.

I wonder what is used by our elite members VR and RR for entering in flawless tamil.

Can you find out what '¿¡í¸û ¿ÄÁ¡¸ þÕ츢§È¡õ.' means?

"NAngaL nalamAga irukkirOm" copy pasted from Azhagi software transliteration!!

One huge difference from Google transliteration is that, each word should be typed out correct.

No options are given as in G. T. page.

Way to type the Tamil alphabets in English
(phonetic) in Azhagi:

a. aa / A; i, ii / I; u, uu/ U; e, E (ee gives
); ai; o, O ( oo gives ); au; Q.

This is quite easy ..... but not friendly with our forum!! :pout:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back