• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

To Whom you will vote? - Supporting existing Vedha Patasalai Or Opening New one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear All,

Wish You All a Very HAPPY Deepavali & hope the function went on a grand note!

Now, to the main topic!
To Whom you will vote? - Supporting existing Vedha Patasalai Or Opening New one?

Recently I have had a discussion with one of our family elders about this same topic. I was requesting his help to promote a new vedha patashala, proposed on the banks of cauvery. His argument is that a renowned patasalai, boasting over 100 years of its existence at the heartland of temple town is running short of funds to a huge extent. The monthly expenses are 6 Lakhs but it is finding it very difficult to mobilise 4 Lakhs, consistently!
So, may I request the learned elders of this forum to give their opinion, whether we should route the funds towards reputed and well established old patasalais or is it correct to open a new one?

Thank you.

With Pranams,
Sriram Sivaraman

Last edited:
Vedaha Patashala

It will be prudent to support the existing Patashala than to open a new one.Many vedha Patashalas are in doldrums due to paucity of of funds mainly due to shortage of sponsors. There is a declining trend in the belief in Veda Satras ,Customs in our younger generations.It is afraid whether the existing Patashalas can be sustained in present environment.
Need of the hour is to prop up and give solace to the existing ones.Any new one at this juncture will soon become sick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Existing patashalas should certainly be taken care of and at the same time new patashalas in places where there are no such thing should be started to widen the reach.

Raja Veda Patasala at Kumbakonam which is an ancient one is doing great service in preserving the vedic studies where quite number of students are admitted every year for various courses in veda adyayanam.Those who are interested and keen in supporting this noble cause may participate in their various schemes.For details if any one wants to contact the above institution,I will be glad to give their contact details.
S.Sridharan

Last edited:
Dear sri Sivaram Ji,

I think that the existing Pathasala should be given the priority. They have history and once they are closed the heritage is lost forever.

Just my two cents.

Regards,
KRS

Existing ones should be supported and improved.
One comment by the way in the Christian Thological college they are chaanging to adopt with the modern times.I feel the VedaPatashals curriculam should be revied not by Vedic Pundits alone but with other who are learned in the scriptures and the modern trends

There is no secondary thinking at all. If at all, we are unable to give life to the existing patasala, what will be the use of opening new one???

Existing ones should be supported and improved.
One comment by the way in the Christian Thological college they are chaanging to adopt with the modern times.I feel the VedaPatashals curriculam should be revied not by Vedic Pundits alone but with other who are learned in the scriptures and the modern trends

good one pbk.

infact, from what i know, the best of the christian theological schools, have classes on other religions, which are studied objectively, and then subjectively.

perhaps, it would be worthwhile to look at such options too in the future setups.

re this issue, it may best to pool the resources of the new school, amalgamate it to the existing school so that there is a win win situation.

they could rename the school to satisfy both the groups, and reform their curriculum.

hopefully, the students reflect the broad spectrum of the hindu community, and not just the brahmins.

otherwise, to me, it is irrelevant what happens.

hi all,
i studied in veda patasala chittur,palakkad for 6 years about
35 years back...the veda patasala provided yajurveda teaching
with english/high school education...many students are well
settled in india and abroad...well disciplined/highly motivated
vedic teachers in patasala...when i was studying there.....
we were about more than 100 students...getting admission was
very tough...here students came from kerala/tamil nadu/karnataka also.. basically tamil brahmin patasala...but many kerala brahmins
(namboothiris) were studying there...my best was kerala
namoothiri...now i heard that lack of students...the veda
patasala closed.....its sad story...my personal view that
we have to support old veda patasalas than the new one...
OLD IS GOLD....its my 2 cents opinion...

regards
tbs

Namaskarams

Just as firefighting, - Rescuing lives, and salvaging and segregation of undamaged first , then removing debris, then renovation and reconstruction.

It is easy and less costly to retain and rejuvenate existing ones.Then , after conservation, it should be expansion.

Greetings

Sincere thanks to
Sri.V.Sridharan
Sri.Sabesan Narayanaswami
Sri.sadasivam.sridharan
Sri.KRS
Sri.pbkhema
Sri.Durgadasan
Sri.Kunjuppu
Sri.b v raaghavan
Sri.jayamani
Sri.tbs and
Sri.suryakasyapa
for sharing their views. The original post mentioning that an existing reputed patashala struggling to meet budget is none other than the Raja Vedha Patashala, also quoted by Sri.sadasivam.sridharan. It would be great if we can do something through monetary contribution. As suggested by Sri.sadasivam.sridharan, if interested persons come forward, we can get the details.
As Sri.Sabesan Narayanaswami opined, if the existing patashalaas are far away from a newly proposed one, we may tend to support. Shall we try to collect a list of renowned vedha patashaalas for the benefit of our community?

Thank you once again for all the constructive views.

Pranams,
Sriram Sivaraman

I pledge my mite of support for this
சிறு துள்ளி பெரு வெள்ளம்
I will be happy to be one of the squirrels of Sri Rama to build the bridge

regards and best wishes to the sincere effort.

Thanks to Sri SuryaKasyapa

Dear Sri. SuryaKasyapa,

Thank you for your support. We will get the details on how we can help them.

Thanks,
Sriram Sivaraman

I pledge my mite of support for this
சிறு துள்ளி பெரு வெள்ளம்
I will be happy to be one of the squirrels of Sri Rama to build the bridge

regards and best wishes to the sincere effort.

A shrewd business man will be very particular about retaining his existing clientele, before acquiring new ones. If he loses some of the existing clientele, it will spread some bad information and dent the image of the person/business enterprise. Loss of reputation, once suffered, cannot be undone that easily

In a similar vein, saving the existing patasalas is more important than establishing new ones.

No options we have to support the existing vedapatasala.

After that new one can be started where there is no vedapatasala, even there is no brahmins so as to reach the good things to the society.

Namaskaram

No options we have to support the existing vedapatasala.

After that new one can be started where there is no vedapatasala, even there is no brahmins so as to reach the good things to the society.

Namaskaram

sathya,

why should there be only brahmins to bring good things to society?

can it not be by all good folks out there?

i presume 'brahmin' you mean the caste. in which case, does 'brahmin' and 'good' are interchangeable, in your opinion?

i think, it will be to our good, and good to hinduism in general, if we expand the scope of those who learn deep, into our faith, out of interest, and not out of accident of birth.

these may not necessarily be brahmin caste by birth. but they will be ardent hindus by choice.

hope this is ok with you.

Dear Sir,

Namaskaram,

Thanks to give me a chance to say my views in this.

After so many reviews I came to conclusion the brahmins never indicates a cast and its a character who gives only good to the society.

When the concept comes the caste by birth i belongs to brahmin but not by the character. So I'm trying to be that.

Having the names and claiming the names the community brahmins has more responsibility to do the good things.

So we have to take the vedapatasala to all over the country wherever possible. If good things reached all the Hindu's then the entire society will be good. Today's world facing more problems 'cause good things are not taught to the younger generation(since our education system was designed by Christian who wanted to spoil the vedic culture).

I accept your views that the vedas should be taught to one and all who are interested to know it.

Please apologize me if anything wrong.

Rgds,
Sathya

sathya,

why should there be only brahmins to bring good things to society?

can it not be by all good folks out there?

i presume 'brahmin' you mean the caste. in which case, does 'brahmin' and 'good' are interchangeable, in your opinion?

i think, it will be to our good, and good to hinduism in general, if we expand the scope of those who learn deep, into our faith, out of interest, and not out of accident of birth.

these may not necessarily be brahmin caste by birth. but they will be ardent hindus by choice.

hope this is ok with you.

I hope somebody opens an online classes for Veda Pathshalas. This would be globally and locally accessed by all and sundry. It could be interactive and combined with conventional pathshalas:D

veda patasalai...GPS

hi all,
i studied in veda patasala chittur,palakkad for 6 years about
35 years back...the veda patasala provided yajurveda teaching
with english/high school education...many students are well
settled in india and abroad...well disciplined/highly motivated
vedic teachers in patasala...when i was studying there.....
we were about more than 100 students...getting admission was
very tough...here students came from kerala/tamil nadu/karnataka also.. basically tamil brahmin patasala...but many kerala brahmins
(namboothiris) were studying there...my best was kerala
namoothiri...now i heard that lack of students...the veda
patasala closed.....its sad story...my personal view that
we have to support old veda patasalas than the new one...
OLD IS GOLD....its my 2 cents opinion...

regards
tbs
VEDIC EDUCATION IS LIKE any engg/medical/mba courses.
people fail to understand the job and respect potential of vedic education.
indian medicine...Ayurveda was once like this .
now medicine is a money spinning course.
A day will definitely come for vedas also.
GPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back