• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Tirupati: Three crowns missing from Govindaraja Swamy temple, probe underway

prasad1

Tirupati (Andhra Pradesh): Three crowns used to decorate the "utsava murtulu" (the idols used for temple procession) of Lord Malayappa, Goddesses Sridevi and Bhudevi here at Sri Govindaraja Swamy temple are missing since Saturday night.

Temple vigilance officers were pressed into action immediately to trace the missing crowns.

Chief Vigilance Officer said three golden crowns weighing a total of 1351 grams have gone missing, information of which was received by the temple's deputy executive officer at around 7 PM on Saturday.

"Temple staff and priests searched inside the temple but could not find the crowns," he added.

The temple authorities subsequently lodged a complaint with the police, following which Tirupati urban police filed a case and began investigating the case.

Anburajan, Tirupati urban SP, said: "We have visited the place, filed a case and started investigation. We have formed six special teams lead by DSP crime. We have some clues and we are interrogating. Soon we will resolve the case. We are checking all CCTV footage and interrogating all persons there."

According to the temple jewellery register, the crown of Lord Malayappa weighs 528 grams, while those of Goddesses Sridevi and Bhudevi weigh 408 grams and 415 grams, respectively. Sri Govindarajaswamy Temple is an ancient Hindu-Vaishnavite temple situated at the heart of temple town Tirupati in Chittoor District of Andhra Pradesh.

Read more at: http://www.sify.com/news/tirupati-t...obe-underway-news-national-tcdoApbacjeaf.html

hi

i used to live in sannadhi street of sri govindraja swami during 80s....i visited many times....when i was student

of s v university tirupati....nice temple ...i used to study under rajagopuram of sri govindaraja sami temple

during exam times....very nice experience in life....very protected area...may be some insider in this

activity...

Latest ads

Back