• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Tirtha Shraddha

ராமேஸ்வரம், திரிபுல்லானி, ப்ரயாகை, காசி கயா போன்ற க்ஷேத்ரங்களுக்கு தீர்த்தம் எனப்பெயர். இந்த ஊர்களுக்கு ஒருவர் சென்றால் அங்கு முண்டனம் செய்து கொண்டு பித்ருக்களுக்கு சிராத்தம், தர்ப்பணம், பிண்ட ப்ரதானம் செய்ய வேண்டும். இதற்கு தீர்த்த சிராத்தம் எனப்பெயர். பித்ரு வர்க்கம், மாத்ரு வர்க்கம், மாதா மஹ வர்க்கம், காருண்ய பித்ரு, மஹாவிஷ்ணு என ஐந்து பேர் வரித்து பார்வண சிராத்தம் செய்வது தான்.

தீர்த்த சிராத்தம் நைமித்திக சிராத்தம். வருடா வருடம் செய்யும் பெற்றோர் சிராத்தம் நித்ய கர்மா. க்ஷேத்ரங்களில் நுழைந்த வுடன் முதலில் செய்ய வேண்டியது தீர்த்த சிராத்தம் தான். இது நைமித்திகம். நித்ய கர்மாவான ப்ரத்யாப்தீக சிராத்தம் செய்யாமல் தீர்த்த சிராத்தமுட்பட எதுவும் செய்யக்கூடாது.ஆக ப்ரத்யாப்தீகம், தீர்த்த சிராத்தம் ஆகிய இரண்டுக்கும் அன்யோன்யாஸ்ரயம் தோஷம் ஏற்படுகிறது. ஆதலால் அவரவர் பெற்றோருக்கு செய்ய வேண்டிய ப்ரத்யாப்தீக சிராத்தத்தை வசிக்கும் ஊரில் செய்துவிட்டு பிறகு அதே மாதத்திலோ அல்லது வேறு ஒரு மாதத்திலோ காசி ,ராமேஸ்வரம் சென்று தீர்த்த சிராத்தம் செய்ய வேண்டும்.

Thanks K Gopalan Sir for reply I wanted to know the tirtha shraddha procedure for performing shraddha. Like pinda pradanam tharpanam

Namaskarams, I am here for the first time. I am interested in Rameswaram - Kasi - Gaya Threertha Shrardham. However, I heard y'day that Rameswaram is not yet open to have snanam in the 22 theerthams. Did Anyone hear about it recently? Any updates? Also, how many days are required to stay in each place to do this properly? Appreciate if anyone has some updates. Thank you very much.

Namaskarams, I am here for the first time. I am interested in Rameswaram - Kasi - Gaya Threertha Shrardham. However, I heard y'day that Rameswaram is not yet open to have snanam in the 22 theerthams. Did Anyone hear about it recently? Any updates? Also, how many days are required to stay in each place to do this properly? Appreciate if anyone has some updates. Thank you very much.
I do not know about rameshwaram sir but for Kasi Gaya Allahabad Trip In Hanuman Ghat R Shivakumar Mama arranges the trip you may contact him he will provide you details

I do not know about rameshwaram sir but for Kasi Gaya Allahabad Trip In Hanuman Ghat R Shivakumar Mama arranges the trip you may contact him he will provide you details
If you want to go Kashi Gaya Allahabad Trip you may contact R Shivakumar Mama who along with his brothers K Venkatraman and R Shankar Narayan arranges the trip. R Shivakumar Mama number is 9415336064

Thanks K Gopalan Sir for reply I wanted to know the tirtha shraddha procedure for performing shraddha. Like pinda pradanam tharpanam
தீர்த்த சிராத்தம் நைமித்திக சிராத்தம். வருடா வருடம் செய்யும் பெற்றோர் சிராத்தம் நித்ய கர்மா. க்ஷேத்ரங்களில் நுழைந்த வுடன் முதலில் செய்ய வேண்டியது தீர்த்த சிராத்தம் தான். இது நைமித்திகம். நித்ய கர்மாவான ப்ரத்யாப்தீக சிராத்தம் செய்யாமல் தீர்த்த சிராத்தமுட்பட எதுவும் செய்யக்கூடாது.ஆக ப்ரத்யாப்தீகம், தீர்த்த சிராத்தம் ஆகிய இரண்டுக்கும் அன்யோன்யாஸ்ரயம் தோஷம் ஏற்படுகிறது. ஆதலால் அவரவர் பெற்றோருக்கு செய்ய வேண்டிய ப்ரத்யாப்தீக சிராத்தத்தை வசிக்கும் ஊரில் செய்துவிட்டு பிறகு அதே மாதத்திலோ அல்லது வேறு ஒரு மாதத்திலோ காசி ,ராமேஸ்வரம் சென்று தீர்த்த சிராத்தம் செய்ய வேண்டும்.
Thank you K Gopalan Sir and also thanks to Big443 for raising the question. Sorry for the interruption here as this raises one important question & I am getting mixed answers from the elders. Looks like Mr. Gopalan said, one should NOT do the Theertha Shrardham w/o Prathyapika (or Varushabdhika) Shrardham, right? The reason is : My fathers & mothers' thithi falls on Nov 22/23 in Krishna Paksham and I thought of completing the Theertha Shrardham in Suklapaksham (say Nov 10-18). Is that wrong to do this way as I have only 4 days gap between Sukla and Krishna Paksham? Kindly elaborate. Thank you so much in advance. [Again, please note that this is my first Theertha Shrardham and I/we never did in the past].

Namaskarams KGoplan Sir. Thank you for enlightening. May I know, what is "அன்யோன்யாஸ்ரயம் தோஷம்"? I have my parents' varusha srardham comes in Krishna Paksham in November in Karthikai Masam. Can I do the Theertha Srardham in Sukla Paksham , different paksham? i.e., The gap is 4 days between completion of Theertha Srardham from Nov 8 to Nov 18 and the Varusha (Prathyatpika) Srardham that starts on Nov 22. Is that acceptable? or is it considered as "அன்யோன்யாஸ்ரயம் தோஷம்". Any and all clarity will be a big help for my planning. Much appreciated. thank you very much. Sairam.

Last edited:

Latest ads

Back