• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

This Nun's Powerful Definition Of Humanity Is The Only One You Need

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

Please skip this post if you do not want to hear a NUN speak.
[video=youtube;xsg1hdMgHtA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xsg1hdMgHtA[/video]

At 78 years old, Sister Joan Chittister has been a devoted Roman Catholic nun for six decades. The author of nearly 50 books, she also publishes a candid online blog and travels the world spreading her universal message of peace, justice and equality -- especially for women. During her conversation with Oprah on an upcoming "Super Soul Sunday," Sister Joan shares how she learned the true definition of humanity at a very young age, and how it's the most powerful tool we have to end global suffering and injustice.

"Humanity is about identifying with somebody else's pain, with being there," she says.

We all know the familiar ache our hearts feel when we see someone who is suffering. Our humanity, Sister Joan explains, is the powerful thing that stops us from passing by that person on the road.

"Humanity is the ability to hurt for the others because that's the only fuel that will stop the injustice," she says. "You must know people as people, and you must do what they need in the middle of their pain."

Sister Joan Chittister's Powerful Definition Of Humanity Is The Only One You Need (VIDEO)

I believe in accepting knowledge from all sources. I know in the charged atmosphere of Hindutva, one may not accept that non-hindus also can have good thoughts.

On contrary to many peoples' beliefs, many, many Westerners/Americans are having a broad-minded outlook to learn about the positives others have to contribute. Not saying there aren't crooks anymore. But we can and should consider the positives of the 'benevolent' instead of always thinking about the 'crooks'.

I believe in accepting knowledge from all sources. I know in the charged atmosphere of Hindutva, one may not accept that non-hindus also can have good thoughts.

You primary aim, it seems, is to criticize Hindu ideology.

Since religion is very sensitive, and if one is highly serious about his / her faith, it is quite natural he / she may not evince much interest in other faiths.

How many staunch Christians and Muslims, including converts, are appreciative of Hindu religious texts and Hindu way of life.

I am sure, you will immediately give lot of examples.

A very perceptive statement which defies any reply. Hindus have a long way to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back