• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

This is the way Brahmins can rule whole India

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think all these talks of atrocities by Brahmins to Dalits are false and is the result of Propaganda of the Christians. Brahmins always have been very kind, gentle and always take the causes for common people. At the same time they have raises the issues of any wrong practices by Brahmins for example Swami Dayanand Saraswati started Arya Samaj in North India.
Nowadays, OBCs are ruling all over India.
Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh - Shivraj Singh Chauhan (OBC)
Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh - YSR Reddy (OBC christian)
Chief Minister of Maharastra - Vilas Rao Deshmukh (OBC)
Chief Minister of Gujrat - Narendra Modi (OBC)
Chief Minister of Punjab - Prakash Singh Badal (OBC)
Chief Minister of Haryana - BS Hooda (OBC)
Former Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh - Mulayam Singh Yadav (OBC)
Chief Minister of Bihar - Nitish Kumar (OBC)
Former Chief Minister of Bihar - Lalu Prasad Yadav (OBC)
And the list go on and on

OBC, so called secular media, Christians, muslims all of them are playing politics and marginalising Brahmins so we should unite and defeat them in their own game
Personally, I have started a magazine and NGO for Dalits. And gained respect from hundreds of dalits now I as a Brahmin is not alone we are a power. The equation is like this Dalits + Brahmins + many castes harassed OR irritated by OBC = POWER Politically or socially. We can fight back.
I am a north Indian Brahmin See what we Brahmins have done in Uttar Pradesh etc. we made a block jointly with Baniyas (Vaishyas or trades) and become a major vote bank no one can ignore us. Even Dalit leader like Mayawati have to beg in front of us for vote and we have successfully uprooted a OBC chief minister mulayam singh. In south no one cares for Brahmins but in north no one can gain Power WITHOUT US.
What we Brahmins have gain from the experiment with Mayawati?
1.) Dalits and other respects us more. No one can say that Brahmins discriminates.
2.) We have shown whole world power even foreign media like forbes praises us.
3.) Nowadays, no one in UP can dare to harm or disrespect a Brahmin.
4.) Govt. have provided us 10% reservations.
5.) New employment and loan schemes have been launched.
6.) Parashuram Jayanti is a public holiday.
7.) Police and administration and leaders listens to us.
8.) We lead dalits and dominate UP, we are not subordinate.
9.) Mayawati made dalits sits on floor but we sits on chairs in her rallies.
Remember there are two castes which are there all over India north, south, east, west and they are Dalits and Brahmins.

Its not the way forward

Hi,
I dont think /need of an apology of the events which we dont commit or we dont know/witness fully or even partially.I also cannot believe the political hatred can be turned around by an apology.An apology is also not a strong reaction /necessary reaction to an evil. I cannot accept if someone nuke bomb a nation and some time later they say sorry.Its politically convenient for people to ask apology for other's mistakes at a later point of time as we witnessed in Sikh riots.Even our PM can ask apology for Modi and for others too. Its not right to seek an apology to England for their wrongs of the past.We cannot invade them to take revenge also.Its not right to seek apology from the Muslims (of Afghan,Pak and India) for their crimes of the past.Similarly its the case when it comes to Brahmins.Its not about which caste is dominating in India that we concern about .But how they rules. I dont think Brahmins can become so shortsighted and go with caste calculations which will become detrimental for the whole community. Whats the use if Maya celebrates parasuram day while her partyman paints the whole police actions against suspected terror elements are dubious? I guess we dont need to rule the whole India but we have to get equal rights.Its not about Dalit sitting on the floor and we on chairs.But about all the good minds doing better in the country.

THanks,
Fire.

This is the way Brahmin can rule whole India

I do not understand why we should rule India. How is it going to help the community? India had five Brahmin Prime Ministers Pundit Jawaharlal Nehru, Moratrji Desai, Indira Gandhi, P.V.Narasimha Rao and Atal Behari Vajapayee and four Presidents from the community Dr.Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan, V.V.Giri, R.Venkatraman and S.D.Sharma, also C.Rajagopalachari was the first and last Governor General of Free India. A community is respected by its contribution to the Society and strength of its charecter and not by numbers alone.

As for the atrocities towards weaker sections of the Community, all castes whether Forward or Backward, stand guilty. No one can single out a particular Religion or Caste for this malady. Unfortunately that was the Social structure in India during the previous centuries. No one can forget the contribution of Brahmin reformers from Sri Ramanuja also.

In this regard I would suggest the members of this forum to read well documented Article by Ashok V. Chowgle (Chapter VI) "Christianity in India - The Hindutwa perspective " available in the following URL:

http://www.hvk.org/Publications/cihp/index.html

Regards,
Brahmanyan.

Thankyou for the link Brahmanyan-ji. It is indeed a very confusing situation we live in this present day. The missionaries dig for big-time trouble real deep and what are other supposed to do. The heart says never ever violence. The head says but will such a stand help.

This is the way Brahmins can rule whole India?

Dear "Happy Hindu",

Though our Dharma do not encourage or accept conversion like Semitic Religions, Proselytisation is not new to our Country. This is going on for centuries at various stages. Neither we are against some one changing his spiritual faith out of conviction. Religious faiths like Buddhism, Jainism, Sikhism were the examples in this regard. It is claimed that the first Christian migrants came to Kerala in 52 AD. These Syrian Nasranis were given land to establish their faith by the then King in Kodungallur. Similarly the first Muslim settlers came to west coast in sixth century during the rule of last Cheraman Peruman. Who gave them land to build their first Mosque in Kodungallur. They started spreading their faith unhindered among the Hindus at that time. Interestingly the Nasranis were interested in converting upper caste Hindus mainly Namboothiries by debates. This was also successful to limited extent. But the Christian missionaris who entered the Country later years concentrated on converting the oppressed class / castes, by inducing money and status. When you look at the overall picture the root cause for Conversion is neglecting and oppressing the weakest wing of our own Society.
Gandhiji was against conversion. He had condemned converstion in very strong words. Please read what he said (compiled by Swami Aksharananda) in the following URL:

http://www.stephen-knapp.com/mahatma_gandhi_on_conversion.htm

He found the root cause for conversions and tried his best to uplift the oppressed. He called the Scheduled castes as "Harijans" and used his influence in getting them the due respect and status in the society. It is my view that unless the Hindu society recognise the importance of strengthening the weak links like Dalits and Tribals there is always the danger of these unfortunates falling prey for the inducements of the Religious predators from outside the Country. Many state governments have passed Laws against such Conversions, they are neither effective nor enforced strictly.

Regards.
Brahmanyan

A. Personally, I have started a magazine and NGO for Dalits. And gained respect from hundreds of dalits now I as a Brahmin is not alone we are a power.

B. 1.) Dalits and other respects us more. No one can say that Brahmins discriminates.

C. 9.) Mayawati made dalits sits on floor but we sits on chairs in her rallies.
Remember there are two castes which are there all over India north, south, east, west and they are Dalits and Brahmins.

(A,B,C numbered by me)

I am not too comfortable with the tone of this note in parts.

The work done by the poster, Mr Ani, in starting a NGO and doing his bit for the Dalits is very very commendable. Often we as a community are guilty of doling arm-chair advice or endless planning without any commitment on execution. In that sense, I am glad that Mr Ani has stolen a march over the rest of us.

It is no wonder that Mr Ani has earned the goodwill of the Dalits and is a powerful ambassador for the Brahmins.

After making lot of sense, his note, slips into a disappointing low when he sees the act of 'Brahmins sitting in chairs and Dalits on ground' as some kind of a veneration for the Brahmins or reflection of the esteem in which we are held.

Statement C clearly shows that we are unwittingly guilty of 'discrimination' against the Dalits.

The truth of the matter is that eons ago, Brahmins too were party to the discrimination of the Dalits. I would strongly refute that it was only 'Brahmins'.

It is also a fact that today it is the OBCs which are in the forefront of the discrimination. Need proof ? Look no further than UP again !. Maya's arch political rival is OBC Mulayam Singh Yadav.

So as Brahmins we shouldnt be in denial mode. At the same time we need not feel despondent and we should fight back if we are caricatured as the 'lone discriminators' of Dalits. Nothing can be more farther from the truth.

That said, we shouldnt lose the trust and respect that persons like Mr Ani have earned thru their hard work. Brahmins were always looked upon as the 'Gurus' of the society. It is true that in the modern world, we have moved away significantly from our stated dharma but even now, we can, like Mr Ani, offer a helping hand to the downtrodden - either financially (if feasible) or thru service.

We should also dispel notions that promotes disharmony. No one, especially Brahmins who are supposed to be embodiments of knowledge, should be willing supporters to any theory which 'generates respect' out of fear or disrespect to someone else.

'A Dalit sitting down and a Brahmin occupying a chair', I am afraid, is nothing to be proud of as a Brahmin. Either the Brahmin is guilty of not giving his wise counsel to the powers that be, that such blatant discrimination is to be frowned upon or reflects the lack of culture of those powers that be.

Let us remember one thing : It takes long years to build trust and create respect. Needless to say, losing one's faith or respect can be "achieved" faster than saying 'Aham Brahmasmi' !

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear "Happy Hindu",

It is my view that unless the Hindu society recognise the importance of strengthening the weak links like Dalits and Tribals there is always the danger of these unfortunates falling prey for the inducements of the Religious predators from outside the Country. Many state governments have passed Laws against such Conversions, they are neither effective nor enforced strictly.

Regards.
Brahmanyan

Dear Sri Brahmanyan-ji,

I agree with you whole heartedly. The whole idea of winning over people with debates sans violence is such a refreshing thot - where did such concepts disappear? Am told that in the past, brahmins were asked to settle disputes between people because of their chaturam - they had mastered the art of keeping everyone around them happy with no involvement of their own ego. Hence such religion based debates were exclusively the domain of the brahmins then. (have now started looking for Tenali Rama books to inculcate this art of chaturam in my younger lot - it is such a positive trait in these times when ppl are so bound by their temporary identities that will fall off with time).

These weak links will remain a threat to the larger populations if they fall prey to predators, who not only instill the so-called 'sense of pride of belonging' to christianity or islam but also instill hatered towards (what they portray wrongly as) the 'upper classes' that caused them their poverty and lower class positions. The whole pic of how the government sees the 'tribes' and 'castes' is quite awry too.

It is amazing how communities in the sub-continent have always surfaced and disappered or integrated. I wonder if the government ever takes note of over-all picture from the past. For example, recently i came across info on the yerukula tribe that some historians say gave rise to the kakatiyas. Marriage between some kakatiyas and some 'kshatriyas' have been recorded (not many, just few instances though, am told). However, despite the population exchange, one community is a 'scheduled tribe' and the other is a 'forward caste' since individuals of a given community are not taken into account. Another example is the gopatis (gollas) who am told did not marry others in the past but later got fully swallowed up by the gajulus, kavaras and various population groups so much that they practically do not exist anymore except in some very rare rural pockets (am still trying to dig where all they possibly exist). Such population exchange of various proportions, even large scale integrations, always existed seems to have existed in the past. In future, new communites might get created from the plethora of 'inter-caste' marriages we see today. I do not see the government being equipped to deal with this situation if they continue to hold on to 'caste' and everything that is caste-based. Such things only create rifts and cause a fertile ground for a harvest of various kinds.

Dear Brahmanyan Ji,

Welcome back after a long hiatus.

I agree totally with both of your postings here.

All our problems with conversions can be eliminated if we focus our attention solely on the state of existence of both the adivasis and the harijans in our religion and their role within it.

Regards,
KRS

Dear "Happy Hindu",

Though our Dharma do not encourage or accept conversion like Semitic Religions, Proselytisation is not new to our Country. This is going on for centuries at various stages. Neither we are against some one changing his spiritual faith out of conviction. Religious faiths like Buddhism, Jainism, Sikhism were the examples in this regard. It is claimed that the first Christian migrants came to Kerala in 52 AD. These Syrian Nasranis were given land to establish their faith by the then King in Kodungallur. Similarly the first Muslim settlers came to west coast in sixth century during the rule of last Cheraman Peruman. Who gave them land to build their first Mosque in Kodungallur. They started spreading their faith unhindered among the Hindus at that time. Interestingly the Nasranis were interested in converting upper caste Hindus mainly Namboothiries by debates. This was also successful to limited extent. But the Christian missionaris who entered the Country later years concentrated on converting the oppressed class / castes, by inducing money and status. When you look at the overall picture the root cause for Conversion is neglecting and oppressing the weakest wing of our own Society.
Gandhiji was against conversion. He had condemned converstion in very strong words. Please read what he said (compiled by Swami Aksharananda) in the following URL:

http://www.stephen-knapp.com/mahatma_gandhi_on_conversion.htm

He found the root cause for conversions and tried his best to uplift the oppressed. He called the Scheduled castes as "Harijans" and used his influence in getting them the due respect and status in the society. It is my view that unless the Hindu society recognise the importance of strengthening the weak links like Dalits and Tribals there is always the danger of these unfortunates falling prey for the inducements of the Religious predators from outside the Country. Many state governments have passed Laws against such Conversions, they are neither effective nor enforced strictly.

Regards.
Brahmanyan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back