• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

This is the new notification in Kapaleeswarar Temple on the dress code.

drsundaram

kapali.jpg

Seems to be a good move, but it would be nice if tourists from abroad are slightly exempted from these dress cod, as Sri Kapaleeswarar Temple attracts many tourists whose dress pattern may not be in strict adherence to these stipulations. They will certainly cooperate, but only if they were unaware of it before and come unprepared
this dress code may be followed generally in all temples.
the way ladies come with untied hair is awkward. fun is they are so exhibiting even when parents / husbands/elders accompany them; Wonder how the latter do not even try to correct them atleast in temples. If we ourselves are not modest and humble wrt standard guidelines atleast in temples it is sorry state of affairs .

Last edited:
There is a dress code to visit the Vatican, and there is a guard who will make sure you comply.
There is a dress code posted in Venkateswara Temple in Cary, North Carolina.
Similarly, when you visit a Gurudwara, everyone including tourists from abroad has to abide by.

But I agree with the OP, they should provide an alternative.
Like renting or selling Thuppatta or Dhoti

There is a dress code to visit the Vatican, and there is a guard who will make sure you comply.
There is a dress code posted in Venkateswara Temple in Cary, North Carolina.
Similarly, when you visit a Gurudwara, everyone including tourists from abroad has to abide by.

But I agree with the OP, they should provide an alternative.
Like renting or selling Thuppatta or Dhoti
Sir, in Padmanabhaswamy temple in Thiruvananthapuram also I have seen guards insisting and making devotees to change to the dress code specified.

hi

all kerala temples have dress code very strict policy...i recently visited guruvayur temple...even in small

village temple palakkad....dress code to be followed...

Latest ads

Back