• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Thirukkatupalli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Friends
Recently ,I consulted my astrologer and he has asked me to visit the poorviga village temple of my Mother in law’s family.The name of the village is Thirukkatupalii.If anyone can give me directions for the Perumal, Kaliamman and Muneeswarar and Mariamman temple there it will be of immense help to us.
bhavana antharaman

Thirukkattupalli is near Budalur Railway Station in the Thanjavur-Trichy railway line. It is the second station from Thanjavur.

You have to search individual temples within the place

All the best

Dear Friends
Recently ,I consulted my astrologer and he has asked me to visit the poorviga village temple of my Mother in law’s family.The name of the village is Thirukkatupalii.If anyone can give me directions for the Perumal, Kaliamman and Muneeswarar and Mariamman temple there it will be of immense help to us.
bhavana antharaman

Town buses fromTanjore ply upto tirukkattuppalli.One can also go to Tirukkattuppalli from Tiruchirapalli by Taxi/Bus via Kallanai.
There are a number of villages near Tirukkattupalli which by todays standards is a small town.

Thirukkattuppalli is about 10 km west to Thiruvaiyaru. You can reach there either from Thanjavur or Tiruchy even. Further details could be available locally. All the best

Thirukattupalli can be reached by train .nearest station Budalur 8km. away.To the best of my knowledge there is one famous KALIAMMAN temple.Muneeswaran temple is nearby.But there is no perumal or Mariamman temple.There is a PWD inspection bungalow.No other accamodation.Can stay at Thanjavur about 18km.Lot of buses are available from Thanjavur.

Thanks

Dear Friends

My sincere thanks to everyone who replied to my query on Thirukattupalli. I came to know that there are two temples for perumal: Varahur and Koviladi near the town. I will be happy if anyone can tell me how to reach the Kaliamman and Muneeswarar temple there.

bhavana anantharaman.

Thanks a million. Please let me know the directions for the kaliamman and muneeshwar temples.

bhavana anantharaman

Dear Bhavana, Thirukattupalli is a small town and you need no direction before you start.All are very near to the bus stand and within walkable distance.

I was able to visit Thirukattupalli with the help of information provided by our forum members.We went to Varagur as well as Appakudathan temple at Koviladi.True to the article in The Hindu ,the koviladi temple is in a dilapidated condition.The only thing that was disappointing is the fact that some of the archagars resort to ruthless fleecing of devotees.

I was able to visit Thirukattupalli with the help of information provided by our forum members.We went to Varagur as well as Appakudathan temple at Koviladi.True to the article in The Hindu ,the koviladi temple is in a dilapidated condition.The only thing that was disappointing is the fact that some of the archagars resort to ruthless fleecing of devotees.
Dear Bhavana very happy that you have visited the desired temples.Fleecing of archakas is not peculiar to a particular temple but is a common discese to Tamil nadu Temples after the dravidian rule has sneeked into Temple administration.Living within Tamil nadu we have to bear with all evils.

Archakas

Economy pinches all. I can only recall a most offensive statement by a CM of a newly formed North Indian State: "Money is not God; swearing in the name of God, money is not less than God."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back