• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Think it over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• cococola.gif
    cococola.gif
    106.4 KB · Views: 145
Mothers WILL be mothers!!! (From a forwarded mail.)

Apparently mothers haven't changed all that much in the past few centuries.
emo3.gif

COLUMBUS' MOTHER: "I don't care what you've discovered, you still could have written!"

MICHELANGELO'S MOTHER: "Can't you paint on walls like other children? Do you have any idea how hard it is to get that stuff off the ceiling?"

NAPOLEON'S MOTHER: "All right, if you aren't hiding your report card inside your jacket, take your hand out of there and show me."

ABRAHAM LINCOLN'S MOTHER: "Again with the stovepipe hat? Can't you just wear a baseball cap like the other kids?"

MARY'S MOTHER: "I'm not upset that your lamb followed you to school, but I would like to know how he got a better grade than you."

HUMPTY DUMPTY’S MOTHER: "If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times NOT TO go climbing walls you egghead.. and then you get the whole bloody royal family to try to fix you!”

ALBERT EINSTEIN'S MOTHER: "But it's your senior picture. Can't you do something about your hair? Styling gel, mousse, something...?"

THOMAS EDISON'S MOTHER: "Of course I'm proud that you invented the electric light bulb. Now turn it off and get to bed!"

MONA LISA'S MOTHER: "After all that money your father and I spent on braces, that's the biggest smile you can give us?"

For play boys there is no specific or defined time for indulgence. All time is good time. So tehre is no need to know the time.

When director sridar was asked 'why he had named the movie - kadalikka neramillai' when everybody in the movie had plenty of time for kadal, he explained - that is not the meaning; all time is good for kadal, no specific time as day or night.

Hefner is till alive and kicking!

Playboy clock??

What a let down!

I am sure some andropausal creatures would have expected more!LOL

For play boys there is no specific or defined time for indulgence. All time is good time. So tehre is no need to know the time.

When director sridar was asked 'why he had named the movie - kadalikka neramillai' when everybody in the movie had plenty of time for kadal, he explained - that is not the meaning; all time is good for kadal, no specific time as day or night.

Hefner is till alive and kicking!

But Hefner has money so he has the bunnies!LOL

Hefner-Bunnies-460_998355c.jpg

From a forwarded mail...
The Amazing Hair Dryer

Not long ago a friend took her ten-year-old boy to my house looking for my
wife, saying that her child had hiccups all day long. The child was very
uncomfortable and unable to eat at all.

After she checked, my wife said
there was a muscle spasm in his diaphragm. Without hesitation, she took out
a blow dryer, turned on the power and started blowing at the boy's stomach.

About 10 minutes later, the boy burped and fell relieved. We were surprised
that this thing can do the trick. But my wife just smiled.

A few days later, I had a stiff neck when I woke up in the morning. I could
hardly turn my head. I recalled my stiff neck problem was treated a few
times by acupuncture and cupping when I was younger. I asked my wife for the
similar treatment. She said there weren't any needles at home nor any
suitable small jars for cupping. She just took out a hair dryer. I couldn't
help laughing. Again? This thing can cure stiff neck too? Amazing!

She blew on my shoulders and my neck for about 15 minutes. My neck was
really loosened up. I could turn my head now. Later in the evening, she
repeated that on me once more. The pain in my neck was significantly
reduced. I crowned her the "queen of blow drying".

She explained that this was inspired by the method people used in the old
days. In hospitals, with all the modern equipments we have, doctors do not
need blow dryers. Back in the old days, in rural villages especially,
doctors were poorly equipped with medical supplies. So they came up with
other means to treat patients with common pains.

Suddenly I realized this is the thermal effect on pains with the heat
generated by a blow dryer. Modern physiotherapy equipment such as electric,
laser, thermal, ultrasound and others can easily generate heat for effective
treatment. They are, of course, more powerful than a blow dryer. However,
when they are not available, using a blow dryer to generate heat will also
work, temporarily at least, on common pains such as back pain, muscle spasm,
stiff neck, leg cramps, etc. It is easily accessible and easy to operate as
long as there is electricity.

The blow dryer is really amazing. Try it. Hope it works for you too.

Great post. Simple, can not have adverse side effects.
I should try it on other pains as well, hope it works remotely. LOL

Prasad Ji

Your post # 4559

Yes, I too hope Tmt VR's hair dryer works on the remote - using the GPS like an American drone
in Afghanistan & Pakistan.

She could probably push a few buttons, and maneuver a joystick sitting in Coimbatore [ now in the US ]
and give immense relief to my neighbor who has terrible constipation .

Yay Yem

Dear Brahin,

I understand that you too have a right to voice your opinion and I appreciate that gesture too.

But I feel this whole "fight" is dragging on too long.

If I remember well VR Ji is afraid of images of snakes and reptiles so try not to talk about snakes and reptiles here at least in this thread cos I do not want her feeling scared and bad too.

Some more there is a risk talking about snakes cos when snakes are angry they can curse and no one wants a snakes curse..it's supposed to be real potent as the venom of Takshak.

Further more snakes do not really harm human beings for no reason at all and I thought it was not fair to the reptile world for you to drag in a snake to compare.

I know you have some compassion so please think of the plight of snakes too.

I hope you kindly stop replying any opponent here.

It is not worth it too.

Thank you
dear renu,
I did not realize that my post was unfairly insulting snakes so dont worry i wont insult snakes anymore and i will pray to God to forgive me for that...lol

I am completely aware that this is nature of the beast as it were. Having said that surely there must be some civility and rules. Haranguing people continuously, especially when they are down and out due to some trauma, how is that even civil or decent? And to be made to feel wrong for doing the right thing standing up is utterly ridiculous. Too many crusty curmudgeons here if you ask me! :)
Dear Amala I totally agree with u people here says wrong thing at wrong time & than they say it is only difference of opinion.....what a joke

Who gave us the authority to call names and insult the other people???

When I was recollecting a story from Panchatantra :typing:

senior and super seniors thought that the black cobra

(the villain in the story) was EACH of them and left in a huff and puff. :mad2:

Now here someone is openly branding another person as a snake. :shocked:

It should not happen in this forum again and certainly NOT in my thread. :nono:
Mam I totally agree with u this shd not happen again in ur thread but this u only shd have taken care of that in name of difference of opinion u cant start attacking 1 person....Think it over

அட ராமசந்திரா இந்த my thread, your thread சொந்தம் கொண்டாடுவது திரும்பத்திரும்ப வந்து கழுத்தை அறுக்கறதே. நாராயணா தாங்கமுடியலயேப்பா!

Dear Praveen, this is an SOS call. Please save us the innocent members of this forum who helplessly witness such claims. Please put down clear guidelines on:

1)What is the meaning of a thread in this forum? once started does it become a private property?

2)What rights does the thread starter have over the content of a thread started by him/her. Can she/he say,"I dont want you to come and post in my thread" to another member of the forum?

3)Please define the term "relevant post" because it is flaunted here frequently by "owners" of the threads to disqualify certain posts.

4)Because the property is yours you must be chuckling when some one claims a part of it as his/her property and drops hints to others that they are not welcome to enter "their property". That is the reason why this is addressed to you. Please settle this matter once for all. If you say that a thread belongs to the starter and that he/she has the right to decide who can post, then those of us who would not like to invade would keep away. If the thread, after it is started, is considered to be open to all the forum members to participate and contribute(participation would include disagreeing, challenging, disputing also) it makes us happy and we would all participate. Or are you helpless like the ordinary helpless citizens of Tamilnadu who are witnessing any number of cases of land-grabbing by greedy politicians?

Cheers.

suraju06,

Would have been better if this had been asked via Pm.

But nevertheless, for the benefit of all members, here are my replies

1)What is the meaning of a thread in this forum? once started does it become a private property?
Simply said A thread is a topic. So each thread is a topic of discussion. Within a thread, there can be x number of replies (like this one)

No, a thread is not a private property. As long as the thread is open anyone can comment.

2)What rights does the thread starter have over the content of a thread started by him/her. Can she/he say,"I dont want you to come and post in my thread" to another member of the forum?

The thread starter cannot ask anyone else to stop from posting.

Though there have been situations where the thread starter has asked for certain members to refrain from posting because they were not relevant to the topic. But this has to be done via private messages and only with the consent of the admin/moderator.

Otherwise no one can ask any other member to stop posting in any open thread.

If the thread starter does not want any comment/replies, he can ask that thread to be closed giving a valid reason.

if they are not open to hearing various views (for and against) then they need not create a topic in the first place.

3)Please define the term "relevant post" because it is flaunted here frequently by "owners" of the threads to disqualify certain posts.

Various from topic to topic. There is no clear one single definition for this. End of it, if the post has been reported, a moderator/admin will take a look and decide.

Additionally,

A thread starter does not become a thread owner. Only in cases where only one member has been updating it with information then they can claim ownership because they have been updating the thread. Otherwise if other members have debated/discussed in it, there is no single owner. 10 members posted replies, then you can say it has 10 owners :)

Playboy clock??

What a let down!

I am sure some andropausal creatures would have expected more!LOL

The play boy here means just anyone
who likes to play such games.
Play boy = vilaiyaattup pillai. :playball:

So the original playboy is Sree Krishna

since he is called as the
Theraatha vilaiyaattup pillai!!! :rolleyes:

solomon.jpg

Judgement of Solomon.

In one account, known as the judgement of Solomon, two women came before Solomon to resolve a quarrel over which was the true mother of a baby. When Solomon suggested they should divide the living child in two with a sword, one woman said she would rather give up the child than see it killed. Solomon then declared the woman who showed compassion to be the true mother, and gave the baby to her.

So the real mother tries to protect the child.
The other mothers try to destroy the child.
Where is the King Solomon of today??? :noidea:
Here child = thread launched, nourished and cherished by ONE person

1. A thread is not a private property. As long as the thread is open anyone can comment.

2. The thread starter cannot ask anyone else to stop from posting.

3. Various from topic to topic. There is no clear one single definition for this. End of it, if the post has been reported, a moderator/admin will take a look and decide.

4. 10 members posted replies, then you can say it has 10 owners :)

My honest thoughts and genuine doubts.....

1. Can anyone use this facility to bully, attack, call names another OWNER of the thread???

2. Should the thread starter stand aside unruffled and watch the mud flinging and free-for-all fist fight???

3. What if even after repeated requests and suggestion they go on attacking with a single minded

devotion???

4. All the ten owners must have one common aim... to cherish and nourish the thread

and not to bring down the thread along with its starter.

Last edited:
Opportunity

Let down your buckets where you are. :rolleyes:
Booker T Washington

Opportunity has hair in front but as bald behind. :nod:
Phardrus.

Make hay while Sun shines. :flame:
An English Proverb.

Shri Praveen,

I totally agree with what you have listed out very clearly. As a domain owner and obviously as a neutral man, you have clearly pointed out what is what, for the benefit of each and every members here.

I totally agree with what ever Shri.Suraju has detailed in his post #4565.

At the same time, I just want to express some of my views in line with Shmt.Visalakshmi Ramani's expectations, other than what valid points she has raised, and in favor of any one in future. This has nothing to do with opposing you or any one, BUT just my humble suggestions.

Dear All,

1) When a thread is started for a better cause, like "Think it over", Quotable Quotes", "Daily Dose of Interesting Information" etc etc, ( I mean not a controversial one that can lead to any amount of heated arguments among the members and that can cause a sort of disagreements right on the topic of the thread etc) we members here should honor the positive intent of the thread and the thread starter.

2) All the members including the Thread Starter knows that, no one can restrict any one from participating in the thread and from expressing their views in the thread. Also, all knows that, when some unwanted and unwelcoming arguments takes place between the members in such thread, no one can really control the other with what they should say and what not. In such a scenario, a Thread Starter, who has devoted time and energy in such fine threads with the intentions of some positive and productive exchange of ideas, would certainly feel disheartened and would end up requesting the members repeatedly to not to indulge in the same again and again. The reasons are 1) this can spoil the purpose and the harmony expected in the thread and 2) can eventually lead to its shut down once for all.

3) At least when, devoted, well informed, talented, energetic and enthusiastic senior members like Shrmt.Visalakshi Ramini start a nice thread (which has nothing to do with competing with each other harshly, violently and hatefully), they can be honored when they request members to not to indulge in such negative exchanges, fighting with each other, calling by names each other etc, considering the good and constructive intentions of such thread starter. After all the focus here, by the thread starter is - "Not to generate ill will among the members and unwanted disturbances in the thread. To enable each and every one to benefit from the threads like this one, by the exchanges of their views and opinions in the right spirit".

4) We can call it as request or warning, BUT the intent is good and it serves good purpose for each and every member here. When we as members here can honor the request and warning of the Domain Owner and or The Moderators, why can't we honor the request and warning of a senior fellow member as a thread starter, who like the rest of all of us are actively participating in this Forum, almost every day in and day out, unlike the Domain Owner and or The Moderators.

5) Let us all join together and make every senior, knowledgeable and dedicated members feel happy and successful in accomplishing their good desire of peace and harmony in such of their threads, like this one. After all we have plenty of other threads where we all can be in our total Avtar and make clear to each other as to what up to we are...

YES!!! I have recently said that - "It is not god to desire for a special privilege being a senior member or a newbie, a male or a female".

BUT, what I listed above in 5 points are just my humble suggestion, considering only this positive demand of Shmt. Visalakshi Ramani as per her expectations, that serves good purpose to all of us. Again, some members can accept it as positive demand and some members may reject it as negative demands. I agree!!!! Opinions differs, expectations differs and perception differs. I have just expressed what I feel and my suggestions should not be taken as my some special favourism towards Shmt V.R. What all I said above can be applicable to all the thread starters who have started and may start in future, for the sole purpose of productive exchange of views and opinions on the topics, that has nothing to do with strong differences of opinions and exchanges with sense of disappointments, disliking, disheartened and hard feelings.

Though at times, some disturbances may arise even in such threads, let us honor the thread starter who is persistently keeping the thread alive, interestingly and productively.

Let us all, in a positive spirit, "Think Over The Above"

Thanks to all.

Last edited:
Thank you dear Mr. Ravi. :yo:
I could not have put it in better words myself! :clap2:

Amidst the hundred chores short and long, easy and tiring,

why should a super senior lay launch a thread and make it to the top??

Is it for giving people the :boxing: ring filled with audience???

Is it to get insulted as the thread starter in her own extended home? :heh:

Is it let people join in groups and attack a single member-who won't even talk for himself???

If a house is filled with fun, and joy and if anyone wants to be part of it

all he/she has to do is to just hop in, in a good mood and good spirit

and with GOOD INTENTIONS in the heart.

Standing outside, feeling miserable, staring, sulking and missing the fun

and saying "What is not mine should NOT exist!" is not justified by any measure.

Place yourselves in my position and please think over this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back