• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Police Encounter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Members,

In the recent times we could read in the media regarding “POLICE&ENCOUNTERS.

I would like to discuss about this on the following points.
(a)Whether these encounters are pre-planned?
(b)Is it necessary for the encounter?
(c)What are the POLICE tactics before going for such encounter?
(d)Whether we can consider these encounters as inhuman act?
(e)Is there is any POLICE code to perform these types of encounters?
(f)Do we consider the human life is precious?

AVV.RAJAGOPAL-COIMBATORE

தனி மனிதன் செய்தால் கொலை....அதயே அரசும் போலிசும் செய்தால் என்கவுன்டர்..

கொலையானாலும் என் கவுன்டரானாலும் இரண்டுமே மனித உரிமைக்கு எதிரானதே...இதில் மாற்று கருத்துக்கு இடமே இல்லை.

தூக்கு தண்டனையை கூட நிறய நாடுகள் எதிற்கின்றன.

Dear Members,

In the recent times we could read in the media regarding “POLICE&ENCOUNTERS.

I would like to discuss about this on the following points.
(a)Whether these encounters are pre-planned?
(b)Is it necessary for the encounter?
(c)What are the POLICE tactics before going for such encounter?
(d)Whether we can consider these encounters as inhuman act?
(e)Is there is any POLICE code to perform these types of encounters?
(f)Do we consider the human life is precious?

AVV.RAJAGOPAL-COIMBATORE

Sometimes eradication of a few brings peace to all.

Let me try answering your questions..

1)Whether these encounters are pre-planned?

Encounters of any kind have to be pre-planned..otherwise how can we defeat the enemy?
Even a back up plan need to be there in case the first plan fails and also keep a secret plan that a trusted few know so that in case there is a traitor among us the enemy wont really get the info on the pre-planned encounter.

2)Is it necessary for the encounter?

It is necessary when the situation gets out of control or there is too much pressure from the "higher" authorities.

3)What are the POLICE tactics before going for such encounter?

This I dont really know cos I am not a cop.

4)Whether we can consider these encounters as inhuman act?

Nope..not all the while its inhumane cos for the benefit of the nation a few indiscriminate persons can be sacrificed.
But before that..we have to arrest them the first few times and bring them to court and if they still got free on technical grounds and with help from "higher" power then there is no choice but to do what is needed.

5)Is there is any POLICE code to perform these types of encounters?

Dont know..need to ask the cops.
Anyhow that would surely come under classified or some Official Secret Act.

6)Do we consider the human life is precious?

Off course its precious..but only to those who value every other humans lives as precious.

Ahimsa Paramo Dharma
Dharma Himsa tathaiva ca.

Non-violence is the ultimate dharma.
So too is violence in service of Dharma.

Last edited:
Dear Renuka,

You have a quote from scriptures for everything and do it almost instantly. How do you do that? You should be really very well read.

Dear Renuka,

You have a quote from scriptures for everything and do it almost instantly. How do you do that? You should be really very well read.

I will let you know a secret.I feel learning Sanskrit increases one's memory.
I have noted increase in memory power after I learnt Sanskrit.

Sravna..I read daily text on religion in day time and also before I go to sleep.

Sometimes eradication of a few brings peace to all.

Let me try answering your questions..

1)Whether these encounters are pre-planned?

Encounters of any kind have to be pre-planned..otherwise how can we defeat the enemy?
Even a back up plan need to be there in case the first plan fails and also keep a secret plan that a trusted few know so that in case there is a traitor among us the enemy wont really get the info on the pre-planned encounter.

2)Is it necessary for the encounter?

It is necessary when the situation gets out of control or there is too much pressure from the "higher" authorities.

3)What are the POLICE tactics before going for such encounter?

This I dont really know cos I am not a cop.

4)Whether we can consider these encounters as inhuman act?

Nope..not all the while its inhumane cos for the benefit of the nation a few indiscriminate persons can be sacrificed.
But before that..we have to arrest them the first few times and bring them to court and if they still got free on technical grounds and with help from "higher" power then there is no choice but to do what is needed.

5)Is there is any POLICE code to perform these types of encounters?

Dont know..need to ask the cops.
Anyhow that would surely come under classified or some Official Secret Act.

6)Do we consider the human life is precious?

Off course its precious..but only to those who value every other humans lives as precious.

Ahimsa Paramo Dharma
Dharma Himsa tathaiva ca.

Non-violence is the ultimate dharma.
So too is violence in service of Dharma.

Be careful you will be validating corruption as upholding of Dharma.
Sometimes the the bogus police encounters are staged to get rid of Individuals. I know the the due-process of law is long and difficult, so the people in authority stage encounters to commit murders (they also create incriminating evidence).
So in the process individual's civil liberties are violated. It may or may not be good in democracy where people are supposed to be treated as innocent until proven guilty. These fake encounters short circuit the process, the police becomes judge, jury, and executioner all in one. It is also staged to get rid of a witness against police corruption.

Be careful you will be validating corruption as upholding of Dharma.
Sometimes the the bogus police encounters are staged to get rid of Individuals. I know the the due-process of law is long and difficult, so the people in authority stage encounters to commit murders (they also create incriminating evidence).
So in the process individual's civil liberties are violated. It may or may not be good in democracy where people are supposed to be treated as innocent until proven guilty. These fake encounters short circuit the process, the police becomes judge, jury, and executioner all in one. It is also staged to get rid of a witness against police corruption.

Shri Prasad and others.

Such is the complexity with Good and Evil. Many a times it's too hard for we humans to judge what is good and what is bad? What to accept and what to reject? What to justify, how to justify and why to justify???

Many good strategies are misused and many wrong/decietful strategies are useful for good work.

Good is Evil and Evil is Good. We mortals are just like a cat on a wall and jump to the side that we could feel would be the right choice, as apealing to our brains/heart.

Ironically we allways blame Evil...

I would like to remind a fake encounter of the police, last year. A guy was shot dead, when he was asked to demonstrate his crime in the crime spot, where he killed a 12 year girl (whom the guy and his companion abducted and molested) and her younger brother.

Now how can we justify this action?

Is this against the human rights of the culprit? Was that the true justice done to the victim and victim's wailing parents? Were majority of Coimbatore people and others in TN heartless and wrong in their appreciation of the acts of the police?

Last edited:
Vigilante Justice is great as long as it is against others, but be careful one day you might be the other person.

That is one of the things I noticed when I came to USA. People here treat the Individual liberty as sacrosanct, it has eroded since 9/11/2001 but still held very high.

Last edited:
Dear Members,

It seems that many of us approving the POLICE action on encounters.

What is much worrying is, if the POLICE caught the robbers alive, POLICE would have got many links/lead in this robbery.
Now nobody is alive, TN PUBLIC/POLICE both are helpless.

A.V.V.RAJAGOPAL-COIMBATORE

Dear Members,

It seems that many of us approving the POLICE action on encounters.

What is much worrying is, if the POLICE caught the robbers alive, POLICE would have got many links/lead in this robbery.
Now nobody is alive, TN PUBLIC/POLICE both are helpless.

A.V.V.RAJAGOPAL-COIMBATORE

Shri avv.rajagopal,

YES, many police encounters/fake encounters are performed to conceal the truth.

The incident that I have narrated in my post #7 can well be one such that. Many times it's "two-in-one" benefit for the police/politicians and the motive of the person/people who perpetrated the crime for some ulterior motive.

1) Politician might have been lured with money to help concealing the truth behind abduction & murder so that the perpetrator of the crime can go Scott Free. (people were strongly suspecting that the kids were abducted due to business rivalry)

2) Politicians gets benefited by the credit offered by the wailing parents of the victims and agitated public, for sanctioning such fake encounter, killing the cruel guy and thereby providing the true justice spontaneously.

Though many folks as common public were happy with shooting the criminal to death, as a befitting punishment, there were many who had utter contempt for such fake encounter as well, for the reason that, behind the scene culprit was protected. Even the parents of the victims might have thought so.

Having a democratic and secular set up in this scientific modern era, we could not establish anything clearly, securely and legally with all perfections that can justify everything logically and rationally, to serve the human kind perfectly.

With such a condition across the Globe, many humans tend to be proud of what humans are having now in this Globalized world out of Human's rational & intelligent governance and have no considerations of anything powerful above human knowledge, understanding and control. The intelligent and just full force that knows why, how and when people needed to be taken to task, is rejected just because that force could not be laboratory tested and proved with the help of scientific subjects developed by the same human's rational brains.

Shri avv.rajagopal,

With such a condition across the Globe, many humans tend to be proud of what humans are having now in this Globalized world out of Human's rational & intelligent governance and have no considerations of anything powerful above human knowledge, understanding and control. The intelligent and just full force that knows why, how and when people needed to be taken to task, is rejected just because that force could not be laboratory tested and proved with the help of scientific subjects developed by the same human's rational brains.

Dear Ravi,

You have a witty way of saying things:) Very humorous

Dear Members,

The main reason for this type “POLICE ENCOUNTERS” against the criminals are

(a)The POLICE OFFICERS main aim is to get reward/award from the government for these type of action encounters.
(b)The POLICE OFFICERS wants to safe guard somebody (may be POLICE OFFICIALS/POLITICIANS) who were involved in the criminal activities.
(c)After “ENCOUNTER “the POLICE OFFICERS does not wants to share any information with the media/public and this type of silence raising may doubts in the minds of the public.
(d)Many of the encounters are executed expecting promotions for the POLICE OFFICERS.

A.V.V.RAJAGOPAL/COIMBATORE

Dear Ravi,

You have a witty way of saying things:) Very humorous

Thank you Shri.Sravna. It would be nice if atheist could read between the lines. Not only between the lines of my passage BUT between physical logic and metaphysical logic as well.

Dear Members,

The main reason for this type “POLICE ENCOUNTERS” against the criminals are

(a)The POLICE OFFICERS main aim is to get reward/award from the government for these type of action encounters.
(b)The POLICE OFFICERS wants to safe guard somebody (may be POLICE OFFICIALS/POLITICIANS) who were involved in the criminal activities.
(c)After “ENCOUNTER “the POLICE OFFICERS does not wants to share any information with the media/public and this type of silence raising may doubts in the minds of the public.
(d)Many of the encounters are executed expecting promotions for the POLICE OFFICERS.

A.V.V.RAJAGOPAL/COIMBATORE

Shri avv_calib1

YES...POLICE officials are much interested in Promotions than justice...

BUT, I would have them at a lower level of criticism OR hardly under criticism, as a common man.

The reasons are -

1) Top level police officials who order encounters, if at all have good intentions for the public interest and want to put an end to a sort of threatening criminals, as a final just full and reasonable resort,

a) many many a chance of them being politically overpowered to let the criminals go.
Because, many criminals are in fact informal employees of such politicians.

b) The middle level Police officers are either interrupted/restricted by their top
Officials or directly by politician, to let the criminals go.

2) Many Top and middle level officials are ordered by politicians to kill the criminals once for all by fake encounters, to protect their interest after achieving what they want with the help of these criminals.

3) Police officials could successfully carry out some genuine encounters as well for the betterment of the society.

It is not easy for the Police officials to go against the instructions of the Politicians/administrative authorities.

What can be disclosed and what should be concealed to the Media as well are controlled by the ruling politicians, overpowering Police Department.

For all the above types of co-operative duties and services, police officials are granted Promotions. As a mere human beings to what extent we can expect police officials to be KARMA YOGI in this era and reject the promotions granted to them, on their personal moral/humanist grounds?

The most famous case of killing Sandal Wood Smuggler – VEERAPPAN is one such fake encounter. If we go through the history of the “MAKING OF VEERAPPAN” story, we would hardly hold him as a criminal, who deserve what is been done to him.

Instead of only pondering on “what’s the justice in killing Veerappan deceitfully?” as a common man, IF we think of the police officials from Top to the bottom level, who all demonstrated their skills and bravery, risking their lives, having been deployed in a mission, can we frown upon the grant of rewards/promotions to these police officials after the mission was successful? Can we say that all these police officials should be shameful to have received such rewards/promotions?

This is a complex world of highly complex humans. Nothing can be established in Black and White, dose not matter how well we evolve democratically and technologically.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back