• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

the other december cultural festival in chennai தமிழ் பாரம்பரியக் கச்சேரி 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunjuppu

the other december cultural festival in chennai தமிழ் பாரம்பரியக் கச்சேரி 2011

dec 15

please read the dec 15 dated blog about தமிழ் பாரம்பரியக் கச்சேரி 2011.

not many of us would have heard of this...but i wish for once i was in chennai to witness this one..and it is free too :)

couple of excerpts as teasers, i provide here..

‘தமிழ் பாரம்பரிய அறக்கட்டளை’ என்ற பதிவுசெய்யப்பட்ட ஒரு அறக்கட்டளையை நாங்கள் நடத்திவருகிறோம். நான் அதில் ஓர் அறங்காவலன். பேராசிரியர் சுவாமிநாதன் அறக்கட்டளையின் தலைவர். பாரம்பரியம் என்று நாங்கள் பார்ப்பது இலக்கியம், சிற்பம், ஓவியம், கோவில் கட்டுமானம், இசை, நாட்டியம் போன்றவை.

இந்த ஆண்டு நிகழ்வு கீழே:

23 டிசம்பர் 2011 - எழுத்தாளர் ஜெயமோகன் - குறுந்தொகை: தமிழ்க் கவிமரபின் நுழைவாயில்
24 டிசம்பர் 2011 - பேராசிரியர் சா. பாலுசாமி - அருச்சுனன் தபசு: மாமல்லபுரம் சிற்பம் பற்றிய புதிய பார்வை
25 டிசம்பர் 2011 - ஸ்தபதி கே.பி. உமாபதி ஆசார்யா - இந்திய புனிதக் கலைப் பாரம்பரியம்
26 டிசம்பர் 2011 - முனைவர் குடவாயில் பாலசுப்ரமணியம் - கங்கைகொண்ட சோழபுரம்: வரலாறும் கலையும்
27 டிசம்பர் 2011 - நடனக் கலைஞர் ஸ்வர்ணமால்யா கணேஷ் - ரகுநாத நாயக்கரின் வாழ்க்கை - யக்ஷகானம்

அனைத்து நிகழ்வுகளும் நடக்கும் இடம்: ராகசுதா அரங்கம், மைலாப்பூர் (நாகேஸ்வர ராவ் பூங்கா அருகில்). 150 பேர் வரைதான் உட்கார முடியும். தினமும் காலை 10.00 முதல் 12.00 மணி வரை. அனுமதி இலவசம்.

ரகுநாத நாயக்கரை எடுத்துக்கொள்ளுங்கள். இவர் நாயக்க மன்னர்களில் மிக முக்கியமானவர். பாடல் இயற்றுவார். பாடுவார். வீணை வாசிப்பார். பல மொழிகளை அறிந்தவர். தஞ்சையிலிருந்து ஆட்சி செய்தார். தெலுங்கு பேசும் அரசர்கள். இவருடைய மகன், தன் தந்தையின் வாழ்க்கையை யக்ஷகானமாக தெலுங்கில் பாடியுள்ளார். அதிலிருந்து அக்காலத் தஞ்சையின் வரலாறு பற்றி நாம் என்ன தெரிந்துகொள்ள முடியும் என்று ஸ்வர்ணமால்யா தமிழில் பேசுவார், பாடுவார், அபிநயம் புரிவார்..

பேராசிரியர் பாலுசாமி, சென்னை கிறித்தவக் கல்லூரியின் தமிழ்த்துறையில் இருப்பவர். ஆனால் வரலாறுதான் அவருக்கு விருப்பமான துறை என்று நினைக்கிறேன். நாயக்கர் கலை பற்றிதான் அவருடைய முனைவர் பட்ட ஆராய்ச்சியே. மாமல்லபுரத்தின் சிற்பங்கள் பற்றி அவர் விவரிப்பது தாளமுடியாத ஆச்சரியத்தைத் தரும். அந்தந்தச் சிற்பங்களுக்குமுன் அவர் நின்றுகொண்டு பேசினால், அங்கிருந்து நகரவே உங்களுக்கு மனம் வராது.

இன்னொரு பேச்சைத் தரப்போவது ஸ்தபதி உமாபதி ஆசார்யா. இவர் விஸ்வகர்மா குடும்பத்தைச் சேர்ந்தவர். பரம்பரை பரம்பரையாகக் கோவில் கட்டுதல், சிலை வடித்தல் ஆகியவைதான் இவர்களுடைய தொழில். இன்றைய எஞ்சினியர்கள் வியக்கும் வண்ணம் கடந்த இரண்டாயிரம் ஆண்டுகளில் சமைக்கப்பட்ட பல கோவில்கள் தமிழகம் முழுவதும் உள்ளன. இவற்றை இந்த ஸ்தபதிகள் எப்படிக் கட்ட ஆரம்பிப்பார்கள்? எம்மாதிரியான பயிற்சி பெற்றவர்கள் இவர்கள்? ஒரு சிலையை வடிப்பதற்குமுன் என்ன செய்வார்கள்? எந்த மாதிரியைக் கொண்டு இவற்றை உருவாக்குவார்கள்? இதுபோன்ற பல கேள்விகளுக்கெல்லாம் இந்தப் பேச்சில் விடை கிடைக்கலாம்.

hope this induces atleast one of the public here,to attend atleat one of the functions listed above, and provide feedback.

any takers?

d.... hope this induces atleast one of the public here,to attend atleat one of the functions listed above, and provide feedback. any takers?

May be someone residing near that hall!! You know Sir, even if the program is free to public, the transport cost has gone sky high

in SingArach Chennai... A/c bus ticket costs nearly Rs. 50. It is not possible to travel by the 'janatha' crowded buses. If we

wish to attend a program for which the travel is about 10 kms, then we should keep 500 ready if we want to enjoy either auto or

call taxi ride! That is the situation here. But for the MArgazhi mahOthsava music concerts (Jaya TV) people throng to the hall 3 to

4 hours well in advance!

Last edited:

even if the program is free to public, the transport cost has gone sky high

The following is an effort by Muththamiz Peravai and also happening in the most happening place (For Art and Politically as well)!

Bharathanatyam Invitation | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

[FONT=Latha,sans-serif]Invitation
[FONT=Latha,sans-serif]2012 New Year eve [/FONT][FONT=Latha,sans-serif]Bharathanatyam[/FONT][FONT=Latha,sans-serif] performance by[/FONT]
[FONT=Latha,sans-serif]Natyakalamani Natyayuvamani[/FONT][FONT=Latha,sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Latha,sans-serif]ANANTHASRI SAILAPATHI IYER[/FONT]
[FONT=Latha,sans-serif]Disciple of [/FONT][FONT=Latha,sans-serif]KALAIMAAMANI[/FONT][FONT=Latha,sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Latha,sans-serif]THANJAI.A.HEMNATH[/FONT]
[FONT=Latha,sans-serif]Sri Shanmughanandha Bharathnatya[/FONT][FONT=Latha,sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Latha,sans-serif]Palli[/FONT][FONT=Latha,sans-serif] (Director: Mrs.Mallika Hemnath - 24640923)[/FONT]
[FONT=Latha,sans-serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=Latha,sans-serif]அழைப்பு[/FONT]​
[FONT=Latha,sans-serif]2012[/FONT][FONT=Latha,sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Latha,sans-serif]புத்தாண்டு முன்தினத்தன்றைய [/FONT][FONT=Latha,sans-serif]பரதநாட்டியம்[/FONT][FONT=Latha,sans-serif] [/FONT]​
[FONT=Latha,sans-serif]நடனமணி : [/FONT][FONT=Latha,sans-serif]நாட்டியகலாமணி நாட்டியயுவமணி[/FONT][FONT=Latha,sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Latha,sans-serif]அனந்தஸ்ரீ சைலபதி ஐயர்[/FONT]​
[FONT=Latha,sans-serif]கலைமாமணி[/FONT][FONT=Latha,sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Latha,sans-serif]தஞ்சை.அ.ஹேம்நாத் [/FONT][FONT=Latha,sans-serif]அவர்களின் [/FONT][FONT=Latha,sans-serif]சீடர்[/FONT][FONT=Latha,sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Latha,sans-serif]மற்றும்[/FONT]​
[FONT=Latha,sans-serif]ஸ்ரீ ஷண்முகானந்தா பரதநாட்டியப் பள்ளி[/FONT][FONT=Latha,sans-serif]யின்[/FONT][FONT=Latha,sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Latha,sans-serif](இயக்குநர்: திருமதி மல்லிகா ஹேம்நாத் - 24640923)[/FONT][FONT=Latha,sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Latha,sans-serif]மாணவி[/FONT]​
[FONT=Latha,sans-serif]இடம்: திருவாவடுதுரை இராஜரத்தினம் அரங்கம், இராஜா அண்ணாமலைபுரம், சென்னை - 28 [/FONT][FONT=Latha,sans-serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=Latha,sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Latha,sans-serif](பழைய சத்யா ஸ்டுடியோ எதிரில்)[/FONT]
[FONT=Latha,sans-serif]நாள் / நேரம் : 31.12.11 (சனிக்கிழமை) / மாலை 7 மணி[/FONT]
[FONT=Latha,sans-serif]Venue: Thiruvavaduthurai Rajarathinam Kalai Arangam, R.A. Puram, Chennai - 28[/FONT][FONT=Latha,sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Latha,sans-serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=Latha,sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Latha,sans-serif](Opposite to old Sathya Studio)[/FONT]
[FONT=Latha,sans-serif]Date / Time : 31.12.11 (Saturday) / 7:00 pm[/FONT]
[FONT=Latha,sans-serif] [/FONT]​
[FONT=Latha,sans-serif]Program for [/FONT][FONT=Latha,sans-serif]Sri Ragam Fine Arts[/FONT][FONT=Latha,sans-serif] 19th Year Art Festival / [/FONT][FONT=Latha,sans-serif]ஸ்ரீ ராகம் பைன் ஆர்ட்ஸ்[/FONT][FONT=Latha,sans-serif]'ன் 19ம் வருட கலை விழா நிகழ்ச்சி (9445188338)[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Kunjuppu's post #1:

I attended one programme today. I intend to attend two more from the list. I will give my feedback later.

Cheers.

I have a doubt! Can we send a special request Sri. Praveen to remove the 'meters' in three different colors seen below each
member's id? I don't find the 'meter's at least for two of our honourable members!! :fish2:

I have a doubt! Can we send a special request Sri. Praveen to remove the 'meters' in three different colors seen below each
member's id? I don't find the 'meter's at least for two of our honourable members!! :fish2:

Raji,

I think the immediate provocation for your curiosity is the missing bars from my epaulette here. I earned an infarction from the moderator (Praveen) and lost a few brownie points because I retorted to a member in his own harsh language. There may be a presumption that I may earn more such infarction and may have to be sent out one day. 'Why decorate some one and then show him the door' must be the logic. Any way, I enjoy the company here as long as I stay here. When the Lakshman rekha is crossed I will quit voluntarily. Honestly, this particular 'missing bars' fact was
not noticed by me so far until you pointed it out.:noidea:

Cheers.

Kunjuppu,

I attended the programme today too. I have decided to stop with this. Originally I had planned to attend Swarnamalya's programme of the Yakshaganam too. But I have second thoughts now.

I found the first days programme on Kurunthokai very tedious. Jayamohan who presented a lecture on how to enjoy the sangam period literature called kurunthokai appeared to be more interested in telling the audience how his birth at KK District of Tamilnadu was useful in enjoying the work and understanding truly the mind of the poets(plural because kurunthokai is an anthology of poems by various poets). It was just a shallow presentation that he made. I have read some of his novels and had a high regard for him. But this show considerably eroded it. May be he is good only at writing and not lecturing. His attempt to invent a meaning for the commonly used term கருங்காலி was miserable. அந்த வார்த்தை ஆங்கிலத்தில் இருக்கும் black -sheep என்பதன் சரியான தமிழாக்கம் என்பதைவிட்டு சிரமப்பட்டு அதற்கு கருங்காலி மரத்தை கொண்டுவந்து புகுத்தி வலிந்து பொருள் கொள்ள முயன்று தோற்றுப்போக தேவையே இல்லை.

அதுபோலவே குன்றியனாரின் கூன்முண் முண்டக க்கூர்ம்பனி மாமலர் என்று தொடங்கும் கவிதை யில் முண்டகம் என்ற வார்த்தைக்கு வலிந்து .நீர்முள்ளி என்று பொருள் கொள்ள தேவையே இல்லை. முண்டகம் என்றால் தாமரை என்பது சென்னை தி. நகரில் முண்டக்கண்ணி அம்மன் கோவிலுக்கு செல்லும் எல்லாருக்கும் தெரியும். அந்த தாமரையே அந்த
இடத்துக்கு நன்கு பொருந்துகிறது.அதைவிட்டு விட்டு நீர்முள்ளி என்று
பொருள்கொண்டு சிரமப்படதேவையே இல்லை

And he was condescendingly critical about the யாப்பிலக்கணம். His criticism of அசை (the first basic building block of yaappilakkanam) was rather crude. I dont believe he was unaware of the need for அசை to fix the சந்தம் and the role of சந்தம் in making the kavithai musical. May be he is an enthusiast of modern வசன கவிதை.

எழுத்தாணியால் குத்திக்கொண்ட சீத்தலை சாத்தன் இல்லாமல் போனது துரதிஷ்டம் தான்.

Today's programme was by a shilpi who gave a reasonably good lecture on the shilpa Shastra. In this lecture too there was a lot of static-like when he went on a soliloquy about the community called Vishwakarma. Well, if we can forget that there was the gain in knowing about the shilpa shastra.

When I saw the name Badri of Kizhakku pathippakam associated with the programmes I expected more from these programmes. But it was a disappointment.

Thank you for giving me the reference. I would have missed it otherwise.

Cheers.

Last edited:
dear suraju,

thank you for attending the shows. i am surprised at jeyamohan's poor presentation. maybe because there was no money in it, and he gave a canned one from old? who knows?

same goes for the shilpi...

not sure if they were not sure about who the target audience was...பாமர மக்கள் or அறிந்த ரசிகாஸ் or inbetween.

thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back