• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The number of Indians in Biden-Harris Administration

Fact check: Kamala Harris did not switch from identifying as Indian-American to Black​

Senator Harris has long identified as both Black and Indian. She recognizes both parents’ heritage as part of her identity and her senate bio reads that she is “the second African-American woman and first South Asian-American senator in history” ( www.harris.senate.gov/about ).

Harris details her mixed-race identity and upbringing in her 2019 memoir “The Truths We Hold” ( here ), describing how she and her younger sister Maya “were raised with a strong awareness of and appreciation for Indian culture,” while her mother also “understood very well that she was raising two black daughters” and “was determined to make sure (they) would grow into confident, proud black women.”

While these headlines are true, the press, as well as Kamala Harris herself, have continually described her racial identity as Black, South Asian, Indian-American, African-American, and Jamaican-American.

She is not as Indian as you and I, but then again our kids born here in the USA are not as Indian as us immigrants.

Indians are newer satisfied.
She is definitely a great inspiration for American born Indian Americans.

Last edited:
I was sharing many news clips of kamala Harris prior to elections but it has moved to different hidden section in this site. Now it is glad that whatever I shared/celebrated has become real celebration.

I may be glad if those threads come back again visible as everything has come white now. Hope admin will look into.

I was sharing many news clips of kamala Harris prior to elections but it has moved to different hidden section in this site. Now it is glad that whatever I shared/celebrated has become real celebration.

I may be glad if those threads come back again visible as everything has come white now. Hope admin will look into.
I am not admin, but a simple search on the site with "Kamala" will show all threads.
You can also see all your posting by clicking your profile picture on the top right.
No thread ever disappears. You may have to look for threads not active.

hi

kamala harris went to black college and black church in her young ages....she is more black than indian...

just we can say by name indian/hindu/ tamil brahmin etc....but she prefers more black identity....

hi

kamala harris even took oath in BIBLE ....i think.....
I know you have your opinion. That is ok.
But do not mislead others. Kamala Harris never said she was a Hindu, If she grew up a Christian and she believes in Bible, she has every right to take an oath in Bible.
There are Christians in India too. I have friends who are professors in predominantly black colleges. They have black friends and follow the black culture.
I guess you had a sheltered life.
If I remember right you did not vote for the Biden-Harris ticket.

Maybe it is too early to come to a conclusion, but people like Kamala Harris and Pramila Jayapal are not good for India. Both have expressed support for the Kashmiris in the matter of Article 370 and this helps Pakistan and China (indirectly). And there is another woman of Kashmiri origin in Biden administration.

The only restraining factor could be the challenge (even threat) US faces from China. Among other things, China has secured a large number of naval bases in the Indian Ocean - from countries it is empowering through economic, technological and even military aid. Even merchant ships from US and its allies may not be able to move freely in the open oceans if this continues. China is also actively involved in some African countries. Of course, when the time is ripe China will probably switch its role from developing partner to enveloping partner. China has openly expressed its goal of completely displacing USA. For USA to antagonise India in this situation will not help the American cause.

The unrest in Kashmir was fomented by Pakistan and started only after the full scale wars against India did not succeed. In fact, military experts of the time in the US even predicted an easy victory for Pakistan in the event of a war and this probably gave Pakistan the fillip and confidence to launch the 1965 war. The persecution and exiling of the Kashmiri Pundits was also after these failures on the battlefield. The majority of the persons who carried out this ethnic cleansing were Kashmiri Mohammedans and today they complain about deprivation of rights. While I do not support the BJP on every issue (wasting time on Sardar Patel statue/ Ayodhya Ram Mandir/ hurried privatisation drive ...) I fully support them on CAA and Article 370 - the very same issues that these people (Kamala Harris and Pramila Jayapal and their other Indian American team mates who are sitting safely in USA) want to see rolled back.

I do not know about the other Indian Americans who form part of the Biden team. Are they going to take an anti India stand (which in the current situation will automatically strengthen Pakistan and China and thereby implicitly go against US) because they dislike some of the BJP policies - cut the nose to spite the face?

hi

kamala harris went to black college and black church in her young ages....she is more black than indian...

just we can say by name indian/hindu/ tamil brahmin etc....but she prefers more black identity....
A person follows his/her fathers heritage..so she surely is African Jamaican American.
Isnt that how the Gotra system works ..so how can she identify with her maternal heritage?
Even in looks she looks more like her dad.
Her dad is a good looking man.

I know you have your opinion. That is ok.
But do not mislead others. Kamala Harris never said she was a Hindu, If she grew up a Christian and she believes in Bible, she has every right to take an oath in Bible.
There are Christians in India too. I have friends who are professors in predominantly black colleges. They have black friends and follow the black culture.
I guess you had a sheltered life.
If I remember right you did not vote for the Biden-Harris ticket.
hi
just info..i voted for biden.....may not be kamala....lol...

Last edited:
Maybe it is too early to come to a conclusion, but people like Kamala Harris and Pramila Jayapal are not good for India. Both have expressed support for the Kashmiris in the matter of Article 370 and this helps Pakistan and China (indirectly). And there is another woman of Kashmiri origin in Biden administration.

The only restraining factor could be the challenge (even threat) US faces from China. Among other things, China has secured a large number of naval bases in the Indian Ocean - from countries it is empowering through economic, technological and even military aid. Even merchant ships from US and its allies may not be able to move freely in the open oceans if this continues. China is also actively involved in some African countries. Of course, when the time is ripe China will probably switch its role from developing partner to enveloping partner. China has openly expressed its goal of completely displacing USA. For USA to antagonise India in this situation will not help the American cause.

The unrest in Kashmir was fomented by Pakistan and started only after the full scale wars against India did not succeed. In fact, military experts of the time in the US even predicted an easy victory for Pakistan in the event of a war and this probably gave Pakistan the fillip and confidence to launch the 1965 war. The persecution and exiling of the Kashmiri Pundits was also after these failures on the battlefield. The majority of the persons who carried out this ethnic cleansing were Kashmiri Mohammedans and today they complain about deprivation of rights. While I do not support the BJP on every issue (wasting time on Sardar Patel statue/ Ayodhya Ram Mandir/ hurried privatisation drive ...) I fully support them on CAA and Article 370 - the very same issues that these people (Kamala Harris and Pramila Jayapal and their other Indian American team mates who are sitting safely in USA) want to see rolled back.

I do not know about the other Indian Americans who form part of the Biden team. Are they going to take an anti India stand (which in the current situation will automatically strengthen Pakistan and China and thereby implicitly go against US) because they dislike some of the BJP policies - cut the nose to spite the face?
hi

but people like Kamala Harris and Pramila Jayapal are not good for India. Both have expressed support for the Kashmiris in the matter of Article 370 and this helps Pakistan and China (indirectly). And there is another woman of Kashmiri origin in Biden administration.

i agreed this....so i am not much favor of them.....in many ways....they are against india...

I think you are missing the basic point.
Kamala Harris and other American of Indian Decent are Americans and not BJP-Hindutva-Indians,
They see the world from an American point of view, and that is to be expected.
If there is a Tennis match between India and the USA, my child born in the USA would want the USA to win
That is the reality, and natural.

To an average American India is one of the 194 foreign countries in the world.
To an Indian, India is the only country that matters, and that is natural too.

An immigrant does not know where his/her loyalties are.

Last edited:
I think you are missing the basic point.
I do not know if the use of the expression "cut the nose to spite the face" has been misunderstood. By "the face" I meant the BJP government and "the nose" referred to USA (not INDIA) and even that only in the current situation of increasing threat to USA from China. According to analysts Russia is also bonding with China to settle scores with USA. I am not expecting even the most recent first generation immigrants (from India) to see other than American point of view - let alone these Indian Americans or for that matter Red Indians in Biden administration.

But it is relevant to ask why many of these people (possibly including Biden loyalists in this forum) criticised Trump for saying that he would punish companies which outsourced jobs and other opportunities to 194 foreign countries and thereby deprived Americans of their jobs and other rightful dues. Was Trump not seeing things from the American point of view, and that is to be expected and acting in the the best interest of US citizens?

I do not know if the use of the expression "cut the nose to spite the face" has been misunderstood. By "the face" I meant the BJP government and "the nose" referred to USA (not INDIA) and even that only in the current situation of increasing threat to USA from China. According to analysts Russia is also bonding with China to settle scores with USA. I am not expecting even the most recent first generation immigrants (from India) to see other than American point of view - let alone these Indian Americans or for that matter Red Indians in Biden administration.

But it is relevant to ask why many of these people (possibly including Biden loyalists in this forum) criticised Trump for saying that he would punish companies which outsourced jobs and other opportunities to 194 foreign countries and thereby deprived Americans of their jobs and other rightful dues. Was Trump not seeing things from the American point of view, and that is to be expected and acting in the the best interest of US citizens?
hi

it is relevant to ask why many of these people (possibly including Biden loyalists in this forum) criticised Trump for saying that he would punish companies which outsourced jobs and other opportunities to 194 foreign countries

Was Trump not seeing things from the American point of view, and that is to be expected and acting in the the best interest of US citizens
?

i agreed...im not Trump loyalist.....still Trump is more loyal to american first theory...best interest of

americans..just info..i am an independent voter....i can vote any party...im a swing voter....

Last edited:

It is not that simple.
Trump only wanted to hold on to power. He did not care or understand anything else.
According to the Washington Post, Trump made 30,573 false or misleading claims as president. Nearly half came in his final year. He incited the attack on Capitol and watched it on TV. He is the only President to be impeached twice. So less said about his intentions. He and his family have outsourced all their merchandise to foreign countries. All his hotel staff is Mexican. So he never looked after the welfare of Americans. His rants against foreigners were to appease his rabid white supremacist base.

No US president outsourced US jobs. They allowed the American companies to achieve major productivity gains. The immigrants improved the American Business world. Take for instance Elon Musk.

But we are digressing from the topic of the thread.

If we wanted to talk about American politics we can have a separate conversation.

Last edited:
Trump only wanted to hold on to power. He did not care or understand anything else.
It is a fact that Trump was criticised for policies that were considered protectionist including his avowal to punish companies for outsourcing work at the cost of American livelihood. You can criticise Trump for a million other reasons (including employing Mexicans in his hotels and outsourcing their merchandise to foreign countires) i.e. being totally hypocritical in not practising what he preaches. But people who say that Indian Americans can be expected to see things from the American point of view are blowing hot and cold at the same time when they criticise(d) him (Trump) for protectionist policies.

And as to the digression, it was you who opened this line of argument in the opening post itself by including a link to a TOI news item which gloats over the inclusion of 20 Indians in Biden administration as if that is something that all Indians (Indian citizens) should be feel elated about. Just as you speak for those who share your elation about Kamala Harris, I speak for those who feel otherwise for our own valid reasons. If this thread is a celebration of the heights that Indian origin people have reached in USA, then (in my opinion) there are far more inspiring names like Hargovind Khorana, S Chandrasekar, S R S Varadan, Manjul Bhargava, Kalpana Chawla, Sunita Williams, Zubin Mehta, Indra Nooyi to mention but a handful of names.

It is a fact that Trump was criticised for policies that were considered protectionist including his avowal to punish companies for outsourcing work at the cost of American livelihood. You can criticise Trump for a million other reasons (including employing Mexicans in his hotels and outsourcing their merchandise to foreign countires) i.e. being totally hypocritical in not practising what he preaches. But people who say that Indian Americans can be expected to see things from the American point of view are blowing hot and cold at the same time when they criticise(d) him (Trump) for protectionist policies.

And as to the digression, it was you who opened this line of argument in the opening post itself by including a link to a TOI news item which gloats over the inclusion of 20 Indians in Biden administration as if that is something that all Indians (Indian citizens) should be feel elated about. Just as you speak for those who share your elation about Kamala Harris, I speak for those who feel otherwise for our own valid reasons. If this thread is a celebration of the heights that Indian origin people have reached in USA, then (in my opinion) there are far more inspiring names like Hargovind Khorana, S Chandrasekar, S R S Varadan, Manjul Bhargava, Kalpana Chawla, Sunita Williams, Zubin Mehta, Indra Nooyi to mention but a handful of names.
The title of the thread is very clear.

Wow, hold on to your horses. I just posted the number of Indian Americans in the Biden administration. It was not a glorification of Indian Americans. I did not say anything about the people you quoted. If I say that This Indian American Kid is a spelling bee champion, it does not mean that it is a slight my own child who did not participate.
I am elated that Indian American has got good positions in Biden administration, it does not mean that you need to participate in the celebration.

If you want you can celebrate that Nikki Haley was promoted by Trump, and she is reciprocating it now.
Your politics is your prerogative, just as my politics is my prerogative. If you do not like my politics you do not have to read my post.

I am not admin, but a simple search on the site with "Kamala" will show all threads.
You can also see all your posting by clicking your profile picture on the top right.
No thread ever disappears. You may have to look for threads not active.
No. it is not visible. It has moved to hidden instead of deletion.

Hope admin may look into it now and bring back to its original section. Admin I mean is Praveen only.

Those posts have been moved to the Politics section. Since you (@Lotusinsanskrit) have not opted in to that section, you are unable to see them.

To do that, you need to go to your account preferences (here) and opt-in to view political discussions.

Latest ads

Back