• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Indian temple which 'grants U.S. visas': Thousands flock to shrine in the belief

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

V.Balasubramani

[h=1]The Indian temple which 'grants U.S. visas': Thousands flock to shrine in the belief it brings luck when applying to the embassy - so long as you leave an offering of coconut[/h]·The Chilkur Balaji temple near Hyderabad in southern India has become known as the 'visa temple'
·
It was built around 500 years ago as a shrine to Lord Balaji, a form of Hindu god Vishnu
·
Said to grant a myriad of wishes but is most prominent for helping Indians seeking overseas visas
·
Around 75,000 to 100,000 devotees are said to visit the temple every week

It is Donald Trump's worst nightmare: Every day thousands of Indians flock to a Hindu temple seeking to get one wish granted - a U.S visa.

The Chilkur Balaji temple near Hyderabad in southern India has now become known as the 'visa temple' after many devotees have had visa success, following a pilgrimage there.
Worshipers who make it to the temple typically perform a wish-making ceremony, which includes 11 laps around the inner temple, reports CNN

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...emple-said-grant-entry-U-S.html#ixzz41O7ro7Om

I had visited this temple at Chilkur near Hyderabad. I was amazed with the large gathering of youngsters (age group 20 to 30) performing "pradakshinam" for 108 times with prayers for foreign visa, employment etc. Literally, one has to wade through all along the parikrama of this small temple. I learnt that the temple is managed by a private trust and no "Hundi" is placed inside the temple. Donations are accepted in kind (rice, jaggery, sugar, sugarcandy, ghee, oil etc.,) which are duly acknowledged by means of a receipt.

The faith in the presiding deity of this temple (Lord Balaji) by the youngsters is amazing.

I too visited this temple located near Hyderabad, a couple of years back more particularly after my retirement.

During my visit I found that most of the devotees are youngsters wearing modern dress viz. jeans and’ T’ shirts.

They are found performing pradakshinam in huge groups like massive marathon. I was told that it is mostly IT professionals who visit this temple after getting online offers.

Every youngster has a dream and may have unfulfilled desires too. Such youngsters visit this temple with all faith and pray seeking VISA to fly over to US.

It is reported that this is one among the other temples which does not accept any monetary donations.

Youngsters visit this temple, pray for their VISa, get VISA issued and fly over to US.

May be it is faith that does wonders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back