• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The gait!

Status
Not open for further replies.
During my recent visit to Bangalore, I saw many middle aged ladies walk with a sway! Surprisingly, their feet followed imaginary

lines of about 4'' only! So, even while walking on the correct lines,
one should always remember NOT to sway the body, by keeping
the torso vertical and head straight, for a good gait! :decision:

Now enjoy viewing the different gaits and expressions of different personalities, portrayed well by Nadikar Thilakam!

Navarathri - YouTube

P.S: The doctor reminds me of my dear dad! :)

Dear Balu Sir,

Lord Krishna's gait is compared to the elephant's gait! :thumb:

I posted the relevant song of Saint Thyagaraja, already.

Sri Vallabhacharya describes Lord Krishna's gait to be "Gamanam Madhuram"(Enchanting Sweet Gait)

So which is it now?? Sweetie or Elephant? or a Sweet Haati Mere Saathi?

Last edited:
Dear Renu,

Thyagaraja might have thought that the majestic gait of an elephant is choooooo chweeeeeeeet! :becky:

Mam,

Why compare humans with animals? We are unique creation of God and have our own style of gait, worth watching.:)

Dear sir,

There is something about an elephant's walk.

An elephant has a slow graceful gait when in a good mood..a steady confident gait.

When in a rage..don't stand in their way..nothing stands in their way.

Last edited:
Dear sir,

There is something about an elephant's walk.

An elephant has a slow graceful gait when in a good mood..a steady confident gait.

When in a rage..don't stand in their way..nothing stands in their way.

Mam,

Men are unique creation of God hence their gait is also unique. If God want them to walk like elephant,etc, he would simply created them as animals.

While some have powers to control animals, most miss the power to control self.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
While on the subject on GAIT, I would like to point out that, when I go out on the road in Mambalam area, I invariably see many women esp a little bulky ones do walk leaning to right & left as though , they can never walk in a normal manner. this can only be attributed to ladies of lower class & to older North indian women, who, after pregnancy period might not have cared for up-keep of stature, & let loose the limbs to have their say & once you loose the gait, it is impossible to go back to normal gait. Only negligible men having some form of deformity would be seen walking in a peculiar gait, may not be his making ? However, I do enjoy the way those bulky women walk non-chalantly ,& do not feel awkward, when public gaze ?

Rishikesan

Dear Rishikesan Sir,

I started this thread with a hope that those who tend to walk - in my imagination - like inverted pendulum - will try to change to a

better gait by following my observations! Sarang Sir has shared his view as follows:

I was advised to do this exercise everyday for about 15 minutes to get better balance and minimise falling down risk due to giddiness/ old age/ light head.

Follow a single line, real or imaginary, i.e. keep place the left and right feet on this single line. Perhaps only lady models did this to get attention. It helps.

Progression to anna gati from gajagati!
So let us wish that all our forum members will walk with nice gait, in style! :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back