• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The curse of one dimensional thinking. Thank you America

sravna

Human brain, mind and soul are I believe very very sophisticated entities. Their learning capabilities and performance capabilities are truly immense. This is understandable because the innermost self of all is God.

But are we using them to the right extent and in the right direction? The sad answer is absolutely not. We have gotten used to and actually immersed in one dimensional thinking. We have become fully soaked cynical people without fail attributing bad to the other person and always doubting any good intentions of others. Like an exemplary westerner we only see the dark side and only want to see the dark side of others. We then want to somehow exploit that perceived weakness and show that person the world is really bad and ugly and revel in getting one more convert to our side. This vicious circle has engulfed us all now.

It is pathetic that we are failing to use our higher and finer capabilities and be discriminating in our perception. All are painted with one brush and there is nothing more to a person than his intention to acquire money and power. The energy that flows through a person when he entrenches himself in practicing higher qualities is of a different quality and truly bestowing peace and happiness. For some reason we believe that the current crude energy running through is enough and even the only possible or have been so brainwashed that we fail to even consider the positive alternative.

We really need a reality shift and that needs a very strong and deep understanding of that truth.

Human brain, mind and soul are I believe very very sophisticated entities. Their learning capabilities and performance capabilities are truly immense. This is understandable because the innermost self of all is God.

But are we using them to the right extent and in the right direction? The sad answer is absolutely not. We have gotten used to and actually immersed in one dimensional thinking. We have become fully soaked cynical people without fail attributing bad to the other person and always doubting any good intentions of others. Like an exemplary westerner we only see the dark side and only want to see the dark side of others. We then want to somehow exploit that perceived weakness and show that person the world is really bad and ugly and revel in getting one more convert to our side. This vicious circle has engulfed us all now.

It is pathetic that we are failing to use our higher and finer capabilities and be discriminating in our perception. All are painted with one brush and there is nothing more to a person than his intention to acquire money and power. The energy that flows through a person when he entrenches himself in practicing higher qualities is of a different quality and truly bestowing peace and happiness. For some reason we believe that the current crude energy running through is enough and even the only possible or have been so brainwashed that we fail to even consider the positive alternative.

We really need a reality shift and that needs a very strong and deep understanding of that truth.
Dear Sravna,
Why use the word Examplary westerner?
Some of us easterners have a habit of not wanting to introspect and see where the fault of entire humanity lies but prefer to blame the west when anything goes wrong.

I once met an Indian citizen who was on a spiritual path and went on and on bitching about the west stating how his American dream lifestyle took him away from the spiritual path and started blaming the west.

I told him in Tamil there is a saying that a talks about a "Canine let loose".
It cant control itself in a new found environment filled with personal desires but when things go out of sync they blame the environment and not realize it was their excessive desires which was the root cause of the problem.

Likewise, what is the need to keep harping on westerners?
There are many very spiritual ones too just as in any society.

Lets not be bias..we get no where if we cant see humanity as one big family and as an extension of ourselves.

Dear Sravna,
Some of us easterners have a habit of not wanting to introspect and see where the fault of entire humanity lies but prefer to blame the west when anything goes wrong.

I once met an Indian citizen who was on a spiritual path and went on and on bitching about the west stating how his American dream lifestyle took him away from the spiritual path and started blaming the west.

It cant control itself in a new found environment filled with personal desires but when things go out of sync they blame the environment and not realize it was their excessive desires which was the root cause of the problem.

Lets not be bias..we get no where if we cant see humanity as one big family and as an extension of ourselves.
Dear Sravna,

Dear Renuka,

I am not blaming the Americans for nothing. The western mindset is similar but not that rotten as the Americans yet. If there is a competition for pettiness the Americans would grab it convincingly. But they have been using their power of technology to eclipse their real small mindedness and dragged people into a illusory reality People are carried away by the illusory power of technology and have lost their thinking capacity.

I find support for the Americans as support for garbage but that is the sad state we are in.

Last edited:
Dear Renuka,

I am not blaming the Americans for nothing. The western mindset is similar but not that rotten as the Americans yet. If there is a competition for pettiness the Americans would grab it convincingly. But they have been using their power of technology to eclipse their real small mindedness and dragged people into a illusory reality People are carried away by the illusory power of technology and have lost their thinking capacity.

I find support for the Americans as support for garbage but that is the sad state we are in.
May be you should quit " spirituality" for a while till you settle the reasons behind your bias views.

May be you should quit " spirituality" for a while till you settle the reasons behind your bias views.
It is not bias. The same way one calls spade a spade I call the Americans garbage. Just because they wield power does not absolve them of the atrocities they commit. Spirituality is the right weapon to fight that. I know they are trying to run away but they cant.

Dear Sravna,

Dear Renuka,

I take exception to the above part of your response. I frankly believe it was in bad taste. While I have genuine issues and scores to settle with the Americans, there is no need of the above innuendoes referring to me in an underhand way. Whatever be my grouse I express it openly and with logic. There is no logic in saying don't berate the westerner. There are so good. We are the bad ones etc etc. I will be happily responding to your responses based on facts and logic.

I thought l would not point this one but I felt we have been engaging in many very interesting and rational exchanges and so this deviation and blind support of the west needs to be pointed out.

Latest ads

Back