• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Budget - Is this fair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
to do any effective check of movement of people within the country, i think, they need to enforce a pass system.

this is an odious feature of any country, to check the movement of people. but it works in channelling resources and makes issue management easier, though not always fairly.

china enforces it strictly. the old soviet union had it. apartheid south africa had it for the non-whites.

in south africa, this system, kept away illegal immigration. post apartheid south africa, removed this as among the first acts. with their 48 million legal population, south africa now has 10 million estimated illegals from the neighbouring countries to as far away as somalia and sudan.

the borders are porous, and these folks, once in, melt with the crowd, are more enterprising, willing to work harder for less. to them, south africa is heaven.

the query for us, is do we want to institute an internal pass for indians. will it work?

Kunjuppu!

Effective distribution of wealth is the key.

Rural India - do produce a lot of agricultural products and actively participate in creation of wealth. Infact the main source of wealth is from them, But they didn't get their returns mainly due to heavy dependence of fertilizers,insecticides and power. Also unseasonal monsoons play their role and other Acts of Gods.

There price is capped, in other words - their income is capped but there expenditure is open to market condition - leaving the small players vulnerable to survival.

Acts of Gods - should be managed with regular festivals and yangyas - You cannot simply sit on it- saying that there is no scientific method to counter the act. People born to do that should be allowed to do their duties.

If people live their life in order or sathyams , this alone is enough to please the GODS - No need for insecticide and fertilizers - We lived 1000s of years like that. it was so abundant that we used elephants instead of bulls for cultivation - Some villages bears the name like - "Annayam patti" - The year round festivals and other rituals bears the testimony of an era of plenty.

Regards

Dear MMji,

If you will permit me I will make a simple observation.

You cannot set out logically and suddenly deviate into something that is illogical saying that it is a belief. People won't know how to argue with it and it would be the end of it saying "believe in what you want, I have nothing to do with it." You would agree that this is not productive.

Sometime where one does not know, he would be smart to learn even if his belief is right, as to how the belief is right logically.

True logic lies in repudiating other's views first and then enunciating your views comes. Aadhi Sankara employed this method very successfully.

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Sri Saab![/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Please do correct me, as of now I'm so ignorant that I couldn't understand what you are driving at.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]I use this forum – just to express my view and test my logic, but if you feel, i didn't give due consideration to any other's logic please correct me. I'll consider that as my fortune.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]You are saying that I set out logically , but then I suddenly make myself illogical – closing any further discussion possible. - could you give some examples...[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Regards[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
Acts of Gods - should be managed with regular festivals and yangyas - You cannot simply sit on it- saying that there is no scientific method to counter the act. People born to do that should be allowed to do their duties.

If only ppl born to do their duty did them well.

If following only the karmakanda minus the jnanakanda had worked, nobody wud hv lost wars against those invaders..

Our Veda says: All that have a beginning will surely have an end.

The global (secular) economy that was fitted with an oil engine will surely come to a halt. Why?

The world is addicted to oil. In just 8 years, it's projected the world will be consuming nearly 50,000 gallons of oil every second.

By that time, the world won't be able to meet the projected demand... for one simple reason: We're using up oil at breakneck speed.

Petrol prices may rise by Rs 2.50 every month
Sunday August 10 2008 13:46 IST IANS

NEW DELHI: If the recommendations of a committee set up by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to study the financial health of the state-owned oil companies are accepted, then petrol prices may increase every month by Rs 2.50 so that market rates are reached by March 2009.

The high-power committee, headed by former Planning Commission member B K Chaturvedi, has submitted its report on oil pricing to Manmohan Singh.

The recommendations are yet to be made public.

The three-member committee - the other members are Saumitra Chaudhuri, who is on the Prime Minister's Advisory Council, and the government's Chief Economic Adviser Arvind Virmani - has reportedly recommended that the pricing structure should be based on export-parity method, replacing the two-year-old trade-parity model.

This would not mean a downward revision in retail prices, but will narrow down the under-recovery of oil marketing companies substantially.

According to a senior ministry official, the committee has suggested that there should be monthly revision of prices at the rate of Rs 2.50 for petrol and 75 paise for diesel.

With a higher rate of increase, petrol prices should be brought to market rates by March, the report has recommended.

At 75 paise a month, diesel prices have a more leisurely upward curve, with the committee suggesting that diesel price should come to the level of market price in 24 months.

Oil marketing companies - Indian Oil, Bharat Petroleum and Hindustan Petroleum - are currently selling petrol and diesel at a loss of Rs 11.60 a litre and Rs 23.23 a litre respectively.

Earlier, India's oil pricing structure was based on import parity, which was changed in 2006 following the recommendations of the C Rangarajan committee.

Thereafter, it was changed to trade parity methodology, in which import and export parity prices were given a weightage of 80 and 20 each in calculating petroleum product prices.

The introduction of export parity in pricing was to acknowledge that Indian refineries are now major exporters of petroleum products.

At the time of the price revision in June, global oil prices had been going straight up and peaked at of $147 a barrel July 11. London Brent crude was down at $113 a barrel Friday.

After the price revision in June, the government had calculated that the total under-recovery of the oil marketing companies would still be around Rs 2,150 billion for the fiscal.

The three oil marketing companies absorbed a loss of Rs 200 billion as a result, while Rs 450 billion was distributed to upstream companies like ONGC Ltd and Oil India.

The petroleum ministry was left with an unmet gap of Rs.1,500 billion, which they asked to be filled with oil bonds.

With the oil companies together posting a first quarter loss of Rs 480 billion, the petroleum ministry had asked the finance ministry to issue oil bonds that amounted to 67 percent of this loss.

However, the finance ministry issued oil bonds that amounted to 50 percent of under-recoveries.

With global oil prices going down, the petroleum ministry is now likely to ask the finance ministry to revise its demand of oil bonds worth Rs 1,500 billion to Rs 1,250 billion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back