• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Brahmins in Kerala

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi swami sirm
im from Ayakkad village in palakkad....my mother's relatives are from Ayyakkad....the whole village are called thayadhis.....my childhood spent

many vacations in Ayakkad village.....nice village with typical palakkad agraharam....

regards
tb
Sir,
I have not had an opportunity to visit the interior of Palaghat -- I have just passed through Palghat town couple of times. I would certainly love to visit that region.

I, incidentally hail from erstwhile composite Thanjavur district.

With regards,
Swami

Dear Swami
There is a village named Ayalur in Palakkad, Kerala and another town named Ayyalur in Dindigal district of Tamil Nadu.I googled in vain to find the nativity of the great musician Ayyalur Krishnan.I hope you have some reference regarding his Kerala nativity.

You can go to the website : www.rasikas.org
Under page 6 of "vidwan & vidushis" you can find postings on Ayyalore Krishnan. There is nothing about his nativity. His grandson by name R.Prashant has made a couple of postings therein.

With regards,
Swami

Dear Sri Saarangan,

The Ayyalur I am referring is in Palaghat region. I had a colleague who hails from a village called Ayyakad and he would say that Krishnan's family was humble and his father was a cook.

Also the name of 'Cartman" N.S. Ramaswamy the first director of IIM (Bangalore) who spoke with the distinctive Palaghat accent comes to my mind.

With regards,
Swami

I think N.S. Ramaswamy hails from Trichur in Kerala. May be his ancestry is from palghat region. His brother (late) N.S. Mahadevan was the Chairman of the Dhanalakshmi Bank Ltd., and I knew him personally.

I think N.S. Ramaswamy hails from Trichur in Kerala. May be his ancestry is from palghat region. His brother (late) N.S. Mahadevan was the Chairman of the Dhanalakshmi Bank Ltd., and I knew him personally.

Dear Sri. Sangom,

Folks like me from the heartland of Tamil Nadu can't make the fine distinction between those from Palghat and those from Trichur. My apologies.

Anyway Palghat and Trichur are contiguous just as Thanjavur and Trichy districts are. I suppose Late Sri. S. Ramakrishnan, for long Secretary of Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan was from Trichur.

With regards,
Swami

Last edited:
Poduvals of north kerala town of payyanur are great men.They r threadless brahmin

from wikepedia,

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
Pothuval (Poduval) is a caste of Ambalavasis in Kerala. There are two classes in Pothuval community: Akappothuval and Purappthuval. Akappothuval works inside the Chuttampalam and Purappothuval works outside the Chuttampalam. Pothuvals are considered to be a part of the Nair community in Travancore, but in the Travancore caste system, they rank much higher than the similar Maarar caste. Pothuvals of Travancore are descendant from Nambuthiri fathers and Nair mothers. But unlike the Nambiars, who observe the death pollution for 12 days, the Pothuvals observe a total of 13 days of death pollution. In the north Kerala region, Pothuvals are considered as Ardha brahmins much like the Nambisans.[1]
Purappothuval comprises Mālappothuval and Chendappothuval. Mālappothuvals, like Varriers and Pushpakan Unnis, are garland makers. Chendappothuvals, like Marars in Kochi, are temple musicians. A Pothuval house is known as Pothuvattu. Many Pothuval ancestral house (tharavadu) names thus have suffix attu. Nharalattu (Nharalathu Rama Poduval) for instance is a Pothuval family name.
Hermann Gundert illustrated Pothuvals as Ardhabrahmana (Semi-Brahmin) in his Dictionary. Prominent Pothuvals

• Neralattu Rama Poduval - ( Sopanam artist, recipient of Kendra Sahitya Academy award)
  • Aliparambil Sivarama Poduval (1925–2006)- Thayambaka, Melam, Sopana Sangeethacharyan
  • T.R Rama Poduval from Thekkumkattil, Mannam Parur now residing in Eloor, Kerala is the founder of Poduval Samajam in 1982
  • R. Vasudeva Pothuval - Archaeologist.
  • Krishnankutti Pothuval - Chenda Artist
  • Appukkutty Pothuval - Madhalam Artist
  • A.V. Shreekanda Poduval ( Freedom fighter & poet)
  • K.P. Kunhirama Poduval ( Freedom fighter)
  • V.P.K. Poduval ( Renowned Astrologer)
  • K.M. Kunhambu Poduval ( Freedom fighter, poet and dramatist)
  • Padinjathu Rama Poduval ( Sanskrit scholar )
  • Ramankandathu Sankunni Poduval ( Professor, Hindi and Sanskrit scholar )
  • Ambadi Narayana Poduval ( Renowned Short story writer- author of Keralaputhran)
  • Dr. Ambadi Rama Poduval (Dr.A.R.Poduval) (Artist)
Refere Subjects: Jyothisha, Murugan, Poduvals of Payyanur, Poduval Astrology in Wikipedia

Astrology is a science. There are many astrologers all over the world. In our India astrologers from different parts of the country have their practice. Usually astrologers from kerala are very well accepted. Again Poduvals, a community of north kerala town of Payyanur is considered as the best. There have been many astrologers from this area, who should miracles in our states of tamilnadu, kerala, and karnataka. Late.Shri.VPK.Poduval is one of the best, further came Shri.Narayana Poduval, Madhava Poduval etc. In this period of time, there is a young poduval astrologer with very striking achievements. He is Shri.Chithrabhanu K Poduval of Payyanur,kerala. There are huge followers in karnataka, andra and Maharashtra area. He used to travel to all parts of India for giving parihaaraas and doing the required parihaara. A person who finds the most possible doctor to cure your illness, cured many PHYSIC problems, duel personality and sleeplessness, cures matter related to CHILDLESSNESS, CHILD LOSS, LOSS OF PARTNER. Finding LOST PROPERTY, THEFT, CLUES regarding an investigation and culprit, FOUND MORE THAN 37 CULPRITS TILL DATE),PRATISTA KARMAS, TEMPLE RELATED DOSHAS eradication,VASTU DOSHAS, Pariharaas, Remedy for all PLOT AND DWELLING LOCATION, Proper KAALA SARPA, SARPA DOSHA and GULIGA DOSHA PARIHARAAS, and more than everything, who introduced a yanthra, which give money flow in certain mentioned periods by him. It’s the world’s only money flow yanthra with predictions. A young man with huge capabilities, bliss and humbleness. Grandson to Keralas most famous freedom fighter and orator Shri. K.P.Kunhirama Poduval, and son of Late. K.U.Kunhikrishnan (syndicate bank), he is well with royalty and well-known ancestors too. There were occasions when the district police station asked his help to find culprits. The nearby Medical College refers him sometimes for psychic and heart related cases. What more does an astrologer wants, what more the people who find him wants. This young man is carrying the charisma of poduvals all the way. Its like in music, an AR REHMAN taking off the way of Illayaraja or RD Burman.

If you have a HISTORY there is a mystery about the same, and if u have any MYSTERY to be conveyed there is surely a historic reason behind the same. This is what he defines about Astrology. Readers can contact him on his assistant’s Mobile number. The number is 0091 9526570250, 0091 9495895959.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back