• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Brahmin-Kshatriya alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Or maybe they just have the natural drive to strive. To succeed. Like the Chinese. Nothing like a collective culture to succeed come what may to motivate one to make it. Or be looked down upon forever. Ruthless but maybe thats your answer."- Amala

As I indicated earlier, intelligence, drive and ruthlessness etc are distributed evenly among all groups in the population..

But, I believe, the notion or intuition that higher education is the KEY to long lasting success came FIRST to Brahmins.

Now, everyone believes in higher education, and wants to get it at any and all cost.

Cheers.​

I can't speak for South Indians in general but I feel for Tambrahms because of the caste issue and reservation problems, they have to do or die. You simply have to make it. That is it.

Or maybe they just have the natural drive to strive. To succeed. Like the Chinese. Nothing like a collective culture to succeed come what may to motivate one to make it. Or be looked down upon forever. Ruthless but maybe thats your answer.

Agree with you here. But more than the Chinese, I would draw the parallel with the Jews here. A small group of people who have enjoyed disproportionate success. Mostly due to talent, maybe a little due to nepotism. Percentage wise probably less success among 1 billion Chinese.

Agree with other aspects of your observations as well: about being looked down, ruthless etc. Brahmins seem to be quite hard on their own kind and family. Berating others who don't live up to their standard. But very little nepotism I must say. Being fair is another hallmark.

Maybe it is all for the better, but just think of all the (male) kids who didn't make it into IIT. They shouldn't have to hang their heads in shame, should they?

As I indicated earlier, intelligence, drive and ruthlessness etc are distributed evenly among all groups in the population..

You know Mr. Yamaka, we would all like to believe this. And perhaps it may even be true among all Indians regardless of caste, region etc.

However among the larger humanity, certain specializations do emerge. Nothing beats the Anglo-Saxon work ethic, the ability of African-Americans to jump 7 ft in the air or of Chinese people to do utterly boring jobs 24hrs a day without complaint.

We just all aren't the same.

My reply in pink.

Agree with other aspects of your observations as well: about being looked down, ruthless etc. Brahmins seem to be quite hard on their own kind and family. Berating others who don't live up to their standard. But very little nepotism I must say. Being fair is another hallmark.

When you say Brahmins, I hope you are just referring to TamBrahms. Many Brahmins of other communities, ie Andhra Brahmins and Maharashtrians are generally much more laidback and not pushy. If they are bright they are really bright. If they are not they don't push themselves or get berated. Not all Brahmins across the Indian spectrum are the same.

Maybe it is all for the better, but just think of all the (male) kids who didn't make it into IIT. They shouldn't have to hang their heads in shame, should they?

In an ideal world, of course not, but we don't live in an ideal world,
do we?

You know Mr. Yamaka, we would all like to believe this. And perhaps it may even be true among all Indians regardless of caste, region etc.

However among the larger humanity, certain specializations do emerge. Nothing beats the Anglo-Saxon work ethic, the ability of African-Americans to jump 7 ft in the air or of Chinese people to do utterly boring jobs 24hrs a day without complaint.

This is treading dangerous ground IMO. I agree we are not the same. We are different individually. But, correct me if I'm wrong, what you're saying is, people of the same "race" have have certain general traits which are the same? Isn't that borderline racism? Like saying Asian people have higher IQ than blacks?

Dear Mr. Biswa:

As Amala said, this assertion would open up lots of controversy... to recall the loose Caste System originated with a view of Professional Specialization in ancient India.... then slowly it metamorphosed into a Rigid Caste Hierarchy to suppress a vast swath of people in the name of "By Birth".

Not many Africans jump 7 ft in the air; yes, some African -Americans can jump 7ft with proper training.

Good work ethic is there in Anglo-Saxons and many others...

I am not sure about "Chinese people working without complaint".

Everyone of us have certain assets and certain limitations... whereever we are "weak" we train harder and rectify it, IMO.

Cheers.

You know Amala, Yamaka all of you are right, this is a sensitive subject and can be misconstrued as racism. However I believe I am not a racist as I do not believe in the superiority of one race over another. E.g. I do not believe that all Indian kids monopolising the spelling bees and geography bees and math contests is because of racism. Similarly no Asians (Indians or Chinese) show up in the NBA (professional basketball league). It is 75% Blacks and 25% white (ok there was one Yao Ming). This is an empirical evidence of ability rather than racism.

Racism comes in only if there is discrimination. If I open a new basketball team and only recruit Blacks, that is racism. If I open a tech company in Silicon Valley and only interview Asians that is racism. It may so turn out that 90% of qualified software engineers are Indians. Heck they may all be Telugu or Tamil. So be it.

My reply in pink.

Maybe it is all for the better, but just think of all the (male) kids who didn't make it into IIT. They shouldn't have to hang their heads in shame, should they?- Biswa said..

In an ideal world, of course not, but we don't live in an ideal world,
do we?

Hmmm..So in this realistic and advanced world, non IIT guys need to hang their heads in shame..... If they don't do so, others will look down upon them....So, do you mean that IIT guys are all living the most ideal human life due to their IIT qualification, in this realistic world?

Last edited:
Dear Ravi,

I didn't say that at all. Biswa Sir was saying those not from IIT shouldnt have to hang their head in shame. I'm saying naturally not and in an ideal world they won't be made to feel so as well. But this world of ours is far from ideal. Thats all I'm saying.

I never mentioned anything about IIT guys living their ideal life etc that you are going on about.

Dear Ravi,

I didn't say that at all. Biswa Sir was saying those not from IIT shouldnt have to hang their head in shame. I'm saying naturally not and in an ideal world they won't be made to feel so as well. But this world of ours is far from ideal. Thats all I'm saying.

I never mentioned anything about IIT guys living their ideal life etc that you are going on about.
hi amala gaaru,
you are right....this world of ours is far from ideal......i agree with u......we should be more realistic than idealism....idealism may be good

for class room teachings...teaching of weapons/parts in class room with charts/ other visual material...it will be nice to understand...

but in war to kill the enemy and protecting the self is main aim of weapons......charts wont help in real war......my 2 cents..

regards
tbs

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back