• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The bashing of brahmins and india’s caste-system has an agenda

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkrishna100

THE BASHING OF BRAHMINS AND INDIA’S CASTE-SYSTEM HAS AN AGENDA
https://mariawirthblog.wordpress.co...ahmins-and-indias-caste-system-has-an-agenda/
September 13, 2017 · by MW · in Uncategorized · 53 Comments

Common people in the west know hardly anything about India. But one thing they all know: India has an ‘inhuman’ caste system, which is an important feature of their religion, Hinduism. Most also ‘know’ that Brahmins are the highest caste, which oppresses the lower castes, and worst off are the untouchables.

I learnt this already in primary school, but knew nothing at that time about the concentration camps of Nazi Germany only a few years earlier or about the atrocities of slavery or colonialism. Yet the Indian caste system with Brahmins as villains was part of the curriculum in Bavarian schools in the early 1960s, and it still is today: some time ago I asked three young Germans in Rishikesh what they associate with Hinduism. Their prompt reply was, “caste system”. Surely, they also had learnt that it was most inhuman. In all likelihood, all over the world school children are taught about the ‘inhuman’ caste system. Why?

There is likely an agenda behind it.

Yes, the caste system exists, and untouchables, too. And it exists all over the world. Curiously, ‘caste’ is Portuguese for class. It is not even an Indian term. The ancient Vedas mention four varnas – Brahmins, Kshatryas, Vaishyas and Sudras, which form the body of society, like the head, arms, thighs and feet form the body of a human being. It is a beautiful analogy which implies that all parts are important. True, the head will be given more respect, but will you ignore your feet? Not everyone is made for intellectual work, fortunately, because a society without farmers, traders, workers won’t be possible. All have their role to play. And in future lives, there are likely to be role reversals.

Varna was not hereditary originally. It depended on one’s predominant guna (quality of character) and one’s profession. The job of Brahmins was specifically to memorise the Vedas and preserve them absolute correctly for future generation. They had to have predominately Satwa (pure) guna and had to stick to many more rules for purity than any other caste.

Brahmins were the guardians of the purity of the Vedas. So it is understandable that they would not touch those who for example remove the dead bodies of animals or clean the sewers, though a society needs people, who do these jobs, too. In the west, people also wouldn’t shake hands with them. But no issue is made out of it.

Due to their satwa guna, Brahmins were least likely to be abusive to other groups in society. Usually it is the group which considers itself socially just above another group, which looks down on those lower. This trait is there in all societies, but it is true, that in India, unfortunately over time, the four varnas were inherited by birth. There are today many Brahmins, Kshatriyas, Vaishyas, Sudras, who do not follow their dharma any longer and therefore should not consider themselves as belonging to their inherited varna.

But why is the structure of the society in India constantly decried, when nobody accuses for example the nobility, the highest ‘caste’ in the west, that it does not mingle with workers and won’t live in their neighbourhood?

Why is nobody upset that the British allowed only ‘whites’ into the club of Madikeri town in Karnataka and probably all over the country, as an old Indian gentleman told me? If I remember right, he said that the sign at the club read, “Dogs and Indians not allowed”.

Why is nobody upset that the agriculture policy of the British Colonialists starved some 25 MILLION Indians to death? 25 million men, women and children slowly dying because they had nothing to eat in a country that was one of the richest before the British took over… There are terrible pictures on the net of Indians only being skin and bones, barely alive.

Why is nobody upset that the British, after slavery was abolished, sent indented labour from India all over the world in cramped boats, where a big number died during the journey already (and were spared the torture in the sugarcane estates)?

Why nobody talks about what the Muslim invasions did to Hindus and especially to Brahmins? How cruel they were? How many Hindus were killed or made slaves? How many Hindu women committed mass suicide by jumping into fire so that they won’t fall into the hands of the Muslim troops?

Nowadays, due to ISIS we can well imagine what happened then, yet the Leftists and even ‘respectable’ British Parliamentarians are not concerned with all this. They are concerned with the ‘most inhuman caste system’ of India. It can be safely assumed that the colonial masters tried to drive a wedge between the castes by ‘fixing’ the former fluidity of varnas in their census from 1871 onwards. And today, their democratic successors, though without political power in India, try to drive a wedge with the help of manipulative media and even parliamentary legislation in their own country.

My point is: what Brahmins did by segregating from others or even snubbing others is negligible in comparison what Christian colonialists and Muslim invaders did.

So why are the so-called atrocities of the caste-system so hyped? The reason may well be to divert the attention from those who actually should feel guilty what they did and still do to India. It’s not the Brahmins. Many of them suffer today, mainly due to reservation and, though poor in many cases, by being excluded from benefits which are given to religious minorities or lower castes.

But this is not the only reason why the caste system and Brahmins are being bashed worldwide. Another important agenda is to shame Brahmins, to make them feel guilty about their forefathers and to make them reluctant to follow their original Dharma of learning and teaching the Vedas. The goal is to make Vedic knowledge disappear in India, because it poses a danger for Christianity and Islam. It can easily challenge their so called “revealed truths”. Vedic knowledge makes sense and is therefore the greatest obstacles for Christianity and Islam to expand over the whole world.

Unfortunately, a lot of Vedic texts are already lost. The former Shankaracharya of Kanchipuram, Sri Chandrashekarendra Saraswati, says in his book “The Vedas” that out of 1180 Shakas, into which Veda Vyasa divided the 4 Vedas some 5000 years ago, only eigth are still in use. (Just wondering: would a search in England, Germany and other countries rediscover some of this treasure? )

It is about time to stop this Brahmin bashing and stop portraying the Indian caste system as the worst that has ever befallen humanity. It sounds so fake, especially, when ISIS gets neutral treatment by just mentioning facts, like, “ISIL burns 19 Yazidi women to death in iron cages because they refused to have sex with fighters” without any emotional colour or condemnation.

Some time ago, I saw an old Brahmin couple in a temple in south India. They had dignity, but were very thin. When Prasad (sacred food) was distributed, they were in the queue before me. Later I saw that they joined the queue again…. It was in all likelihood due to poverty.

Brahmins don’t need to feel guilty about their forefathers. They can be proud of them, because it is only thanks to them that India is the only country that has preserved its precious, ancient wisdom at least partly. Yet others should indeed feel guilty, but those others are brazen and won’t. They rather vitiate the atmosphere with unjustified hatred for Hinduism and anti-Brahmanism.

By Maria Wirth

Last edited:
THE BASHING OF BRAHMINS AND INDIA’S CASTE-SYSTEM HAS AN AGENDA
https://mariawirthblog.wordpress.co...ahmins-and-indias-caste-system-has-an-agenda/
September 13, 2017 · by MW · in Uncategorized · 53 Comments

Common people in the west know hardly anything about India. But one thing they all know: India has an ‘inhuman’ caste system, which is an important feature of their religion, Hinduism. Most also ‘know’ that Brahmins are the highest caste, which oppresses the lower castes, and worst off are the untouchables.

I learnt this already in primary school, but knew nothing at that time about the concentration camps of Nazi Germany only a few years earlier or about the atrocities of slavery or colonialism. Yet the Indian caste system with Brahmins as villains was part of the curriculum in Bavarian schools in the early 1960s, and it still is today: some time ago I asked three young Germans in Rishikesh what they associate with Hinduism. Their prompt reply was, “caste system”. Surely, they also had learnt that it was most inhuman. In all likelihood, all over the world school children are taught about the ‘inhuman’ caste system. Why?

There is likely an agenda behind it.

Yes, the caste system exists, and untouchables, too. And it exists all over the world. Curiously, ‘caste’ is Portuguese for class. It is not even an Indian term. The ancient Vedas mention four varnas – Brahmins, Kshatryas, Vaishyas and Sudras, which form the body of society, like the head, arms, thighs and feet form the body of a human being. It is a beautiful analogy which implies that all parts are important. True, the head will be given more respect, but will you ignore your feet? Not everyone is made for intellectual work, fortunately, because a society without farmers, traders, workers won’t be possible. All have their role to play. And in future lives, there are likely to be role reversals.

Varna was not hereditary originally. It depended on one’s predominant guna (quality of character) and one’s profession. The job of Brahmins was specifically to memorise the Vedas and preserve them absolute correctly for future generation. They had to have predominately Satwa (pure) guna and had to stick to many more rules for purity than any other caste.

Brahmins were the guardians of the purity of the Vedas. So it is understandable that they would not touch those who for example remove the dead bodies of animals or clean the sewers, though a society needs people, who do these jobs, too. In the west, people also wouldn’t shake hands with them. But no issue is made out of it.

Due to their satwa guna, Brahmins were least likely to be abusive to other groups in society. Usually it is the group which considers itself socially just above another group, which looks down on those lower. This trait is there in all societies, but it is true, that in India, unfortunately over time, the four varnas were inherited by birth. There are today many Brahmins, Kshatriyas, Vaishyas, Sudras, who do not follow their dharma any longer and therefore should not consider themselves as belonging to their inherited varna.

But why is the structure of the society in India constantly decried, when nobody accuses for example the nobility, the highest ‘caste’ in the west, that it does not mingle with workers and won’t live in their neighbourhood?

Why is nobody upset that the British allowed only ‘whites’ into the club of Madikeri town in Karnataka and probably all over the country, as an old Indian gentleman told me? If I remember right, he said that the sign at the club read, “Dogs and Indians not allowed”.

Why is nobody upset that the agriculture policy of the British Colonialists starved some 25 MILLION Indians to death? 25 million men, women and children slowly dying because they had nothing to eat in a country that was one of the richest before the British took over… There are terrible pictures on the net of Indians only being skin and bones, barely alive.

Why is nobody upset that the British, after slavery was abolished, sent indented labour from India all over the world in cramped boats, where a big number died during the journey already (and were spared the torture in the sugarcane estates)?

Why nobody talks about what the Muslim invasions did to Hindus and especially to Brahmins? How cruel they were? How many Hindus were killed or made slaves? How many Hindu women committed mass suicide by jumping into fire so that they won’t fall into the hands of the Muslim troops?

Nowadays, due to ISIS we can well imagine what happened then, yet the Leftists and even ‘respectable’ British Parliamentarians are not concerned with all this. They are concerned with the ‘most inhuman caste system’ of India. It can be safely assumed that the colonial masters tried to drive a wedge between the castes by ‘fixing’ the former fluidity of varnas in their census from 1871 onwards. And today, their democratic successors, though without political power in India, try to drive a wedge with the help of manipulative media and even parliamentary legislation in their own country.

My point is: what Brahmins did by segregating from others or even snubbing others is negligible in comparison what Christian colonialists and Muslim invaders did.

So why are the so-called atrocities of the caste-system so hyped? The reason may well be to divert the attention from those who actually should feel guilty what they did and still do to India. It’s not the Brahmins. Many of them suffer today, mainly due to reservation and, though poor in many cases, by being excluded from benefits which are given to religious minorities or lower castes.

But this is not the only reason why the caste system and Brahmins are being bashed worldwide. Another important agenda is to shame Brahmins, to make them feel guilty about their forefathers and to make them reluctant to follow their original Dharma of learning and teaching the Vedas. The goal is to make Vedic knowledge disappear in India, because it poses a danger for Christianity and Islam. It can easily challenge their so called “revealed truths”. Vedic knowledge makes sense and is therefore the greatest obstacles for Christianity and Islam to expand over the whole world.

Unfortunately, a lot of Vedic texts are already lost. The former Shankaracharya of Kanchipuram, Sri Chandrashekarendra Saraswati, says in his book “The Vedas” that out of 1180 Shakas, into which Veda Vyasa divided the 4 Vedas some 5000 years ago, only eigth are still in use. (Just wondering: would a search in England, Germany and other countries rediscover some of this treasure? )

It is about time to stop this Brahmin bashing and stop portraying the Indian caste system as the worst that has ever befallen humanity. It sounds so fake, especially, when ISIS gets neutral treatment by just mentioning facts, like, “ISIL burns 19 Yazidi women to death in iron cages because they refused to have sex with fighters” without any emotional colour or condemnation.

Some time ago, I saw an old Brahmin couple in a temple in south India. They had dignity, but were very thin. When Prasad (sacred food) was distributed, they were in the queue before me. Later I saw that they joined the queue again…. It was in all likelihood due to poverty.

Brahmins don’t need to feel guilty about their forefathers. They can be proud of them, because it is only thanks to them that India is the only country that has preserved its precious, ancient wisdom at least partly. Yet others should indeed feel guilty, but those others are brazen and won’t. They rather vitiate the atmosphere with unjustified hatred for Hinduism and anti-Brahmanism.

By Maria Wirth

The writer has Stockholm Syndrome..must be in love with an upper caste guy.

Its quite common with white females..they sway easily when an exotic male shows them attention.

Many of them also get attracted to Islam if some Middle Eastern male sweeps them of their feet.

Then they will go into denial and try to justify each act of injustice or terror.

Some even start to sympathize with terrorists.

So this caste system is pale in comparison cos its not physical violence but psychological violence.

No need to blame a Brahmin..they are also just a member of the Varna system like anyone else.

The root cause of jati discrimination is part of our distorted understanding of our own religion and no one has functioning scrotums to delete texts that denote a shudra or chandala in bad light.

So this discrimination continues and becomes pathological pride and prejudice virus.

We can not go into denial that Varna system degraded into inhumane practices.

Dr Ambedkar wrote about going thirsty in school when he was young cos the person who gave him water at times didnt turn up..since He was a Dalit no one else gave him water.

So tell me..why?
Surely the school had female teachers who were also mothers..dont their hearts melt that a child is thirsty?

Pride of caste can delete humane feelings?

There is no use blaming or bashing anyone..
That would just make us no different from a casteists.

Better to be a human and just move on without ill treating fellow humans.

Last edited:
Uncleanliness need not be dealt in a toxic manner.

Yesterday I was walking by a restaurant that served pork and a worker was washing plates and as I walked one the plates with eaten food fell right in front of me and I looked at the worker.

He was a elderly frail person..and he was struggling to bend down to pick up the plate.
So I picked it up for him and handed it to him.

Yes..my hand touched a plate with eaten food...in fact my hand got wet from touching it.

I didnt see it as dirty...I saw it as human saliva and I went to a sink and washed my hand with soap.

Thats all...when we come in contact with some unclean situation just wash up to prevent spread of infection..no need to develop OCD and avoid everything all together.

So there is no excuse to behave as if some humans are clean and some are dirty.

Yes..bacterial count differs depending on nature of our job for eg a doctors job exposes him/her to more germs that most jobs..but is a doc treated like an outcaste?

Nope?

Why?

Do you know that a doctors tie has one of the highest bacterial count and even can carry E.Coli becos of exposure to diarhoea cases.

So why make a big fuss to frown upon a toilet cleaner?

E.Coli can be found in both professions.

If we use logic we understand there is no need to get worked up about anything.

Cleanliness is a very personal thing too...I have had exposure to many upper caste individuals that had body odor too.

That is just becos they didnt take extra trouble prevent body odor.

So are we supposed to treat those with body odor as outcaste?

The writer has Stockholm Syndrome..must be in love with an upper caste guy.

Its quite common with white females..they sway easily when an exotic male shows them attention.

Many of them also get attracted to Islam if some Middle Eastern male sweeps them of their feet.

Then they will go into denial and try to justify each act of injustice or terror.

Some even start to sympathize with terrorists.

So this caste system is pale in comparison cos its not physical violence but psychological violence.

No need to blame a Brahmin..they are also just a member of the Varna system like anyone else.

The root cause of jati discrimination is part of our distorted understanding of our own religion and no one has functioning scrotums to delete texts that denote a shudra or chandala in bad light.

So this discrimination continues and becomes pathological pride and prejudice virus.

When the message is loud and clear, immediately shoot the messenger.

When you say all these things about the woman who wrote that piece, dont you think you are abusing her without any basis?

Let us discuss about the so called casteism. That is okay. But to abuse one who has a different view is not good.

And I never knew that functioning (or non functioning) scrotums are used to rub off or delete texts. LOL.

We can not go into denial that Varna system degraded into inhumane practices.

And every one in the society has been responsible for that. The responsibility will have to be apportioned in proportion to the share of the various castes in the population making the society.

Dr Ambedkar wrote about going thirsty in school when he was young cos the person who gave him water at times didnt turn up..since He was a Dalit no one else gave him water.

Yes the entire non-dalits of the community are responsible. Again the responsibility will be in proportion to the number of people in various castes.

So tell me..why? Surely the school had female teachers who were also mothers..dont their hearts melt that a child is thirsty?

Is this not a victimhood phobia to keep harping on this again and again?

Pride of caste can delete humane feelings?There is no use blaming or bashing anyone..That would just make us no different from a casteists.

Equality is just a chimera. Queen Elizabeth and the Ayah coming and working in my neighbour's house have no equality. One heads the parliament that has enshrined the principle equality in the highest pedestal of democracy while the other who works for a square meal a day does not know what it is nor understands it. So she is least bothered about it too. Yes they are equal as human beings having a birth right to live here and share the bounties of nature. But when the differences between individuals like the one between the Queen and Ayah is exploited by unscupulous political animals to organize and rally people, everything goes topsy turvy. Words like "castes" "religions", "brahmins", "dalits" etc are coined freely to denote and highlight just the differences which are essential differences in the creation to organise crowds to fight the imaginery tormentors (like Hitler did and perfected the technique). And the unlucky ones who are "endowed" silently suffer humiliation.

Better to be a human and just move on without ill treating fellow humans.

No one among the "endowed genre" would ill treat others. They are far more sAtvic and matured not to do that. They go their harmless way and expect others too to mind their business. But to expect them to catch hold of every one on the road to hug them, embrace them or kiss them on the mouth to prove their samadarshina is nothing but tyranny.

Last edited:
Uncleanliness need not be dealt in a toxic manner.

Yesterday I was walking by a restaurant that served pork and a worker was washing plates and as I walked one the plates with eaten food fell right in front of me and I looked at the worker.

He was a elderly frail person..and he was struggling to bend down to pick up the plate.
So I picked it up for him and handed it to him.

Yes..my hand touched a plate with eaten food...in fact my hand got wet from touching it.

I didnt see it as dirty...I saw it as human saliva and I went to a sink and washed my hand with soap.

Thats all...when we come in contact with some unclean situation just wash up to prevent spread of infection..no need to develop OCD and avoid everything all together.

So there is no excuse to behave as if some humans are clean and some are dirty.

Yes..bacterial count differs depending on nature of our job for eg a doctors job exposes him/her to more germs that most jobs..but is a doc treated like an outcaste?

Nope?

Why?

Do you know that a doctors tie has one of the highest bacterial count and even can carry E.Coli becos of exposure to diarhoea cases.

So why make a big fuss to frown upon a toilet cleaner?

E.Coli can be found in both professions.

If we use logic we understand there is no need to get worked up about anything.

Cleanliness is a very personal thing too...I have had exposure to many upper caste individuals that had body odor too.

That is just becos they didnt take extra trouble prevent body odor.

So are we supposed to treat those with body odor as outcaste?

Doctors touch because they have to and then wash their hands. They can not avoid touching.

People avoid such contacts. Period.

And get bashed for that in internet forums. LOL.

When you say all these things about the woman who wrote that piece, dont you think you are abusing her without any basis?

Let us discuss about the so called casteism. That is okay. But to abuse one who has a different view is not good.

And I never knew that functioning (or non functioning) scrotums are used to rub off or delete texts. LOL.

Stockholms syndrome is an acceptable terminology used in this context.

Visit any Islamic forum and read how newly converted white females talk..they really get very involved in anything new they adhere.

Even you go to any Hindu ashram in India itself..you will find a Hindu caucasian female totally Indianized..saree..pottu..flowers..bhajans..
Suprabhatams etc.

They get totally hooked on to new lifestyles and fall in love very easily witha new Dharma and do take the trouble to dive into its depth....some will know Geeta by heart and those who attracted to Islam know the Quran by heart.

Coming to your 2nd query..the epidermis of the scrotum is actually very thin.
Using it to delete texts written on palm leaf(manuscript) might not be possible but for ink it might be possible.

A word of caution..elderly should not attempt this cos the epidermis becomes too prune like.

Doctors touch because they have to and then wash their hands. They can not avoid touching.

People avoid such contacts. Period.

And get bashed for that in internet forums. LOL.

The avoidence of any potential infective state is called prophylaxis..but it should not come with pride and prejudice.

Its that simple.

The story you wrote about a man not wanting to touch a man selling him the Tulsi garland comes to my mind.

The garland was held by the vendor anyway

You see none of us are germ free..if I do a rectal swab on both the pious man and the vendor..both will have E.Coli.

Get what I mean..Muladhara plexus always has the truth.

I am pretty sure if the context did not favor your line of thinking you would have gone into some Rajas or Tamas gene theory and attacked and deleted the text till skin grafting would be needed!LOL

Arey yaar..this is what is called human nature..we support what we agree with.

Simple.

I am pretty sure if the context did not favor your line of thinking you would have gone into some Rajas or Tamas gene theory and attacked and deleted the text till skin grafting would be needed!

Two mistakes here:

1. Being judgmental about me.

2. A Doctor ridiculing scientific findings--Blasphemy!!!.

LOL.

Two mistakes here:

1. Being judgmental about me.

2. A Doctor ridiculing scientific findings--Blasphemy!!!.

LOL.

1)Aham Satyam Eva Vadaami.

2)I was recommending skin grafting if skin is abraded from the act of erasing/deleting.
So I was being very professional here.

The avoidence of any potential infective state is called prophylaxis..but it should not come with pride and prejudice.

Its that simple.

The story you wrote about a man not wanting to touch a man selling him the Tulsi garland comes to my mind.

The garland was held by the vendor anyway

You see none of us are germ free..if I do a rectal swab on both the pious man and the vendor..both will have E.Coli.

Get what I mean..Muladhara plexus always has the truth.

Pride and prejudice are adduced by those suffering from victimhood phobia.

No one has the right to compel anyone else to touch him/her. It is my birth right to not touch mr./mrs./miss X. You may adduce a hundred nefarious intentions to my not touching but I may be just innocent.

The pious man knows how to take care and avoid the Ecolli in the rectum getting into the upper end of his alimentry canal. And why should he accept the Ecolli from the vendor and make extra effort to prevent the ecolli from that source entering the upper end of his alimentry canal? Moreover, if you remember, he was going to do Puja. And he offers the best he has to his God always. Not the Ecolli from the rectum knowingly. He would rather skip the Puja if he is in a compelling situation to do that.

1)Aham Satyam Eva Vadaami.

2)I was recommending skin grafting if skin is abraded from the act of erasing/deleting.
So I was being very professional here.

1. Satyam as it is grasped by you, while the universally recognized satyam is something altogether different. You could not grasp it.

2. When you said "you would have gone into some Rajas or Tamas gene theory", you were not being appreciative of the theories. Rather the reference made was derisive.

Last edited:
1. Satyam as it is grasped by you, while the universally recognized satyam is something altogether different. You could not grasp it.

2. When you said "you would have gone into some Rajas or Tamas gene theory", you were not being appreciative of the theories. Rather the reference made was derisive.

1)I speak the Truth(Sathyam) that is Auspicious(Shivam) and Beautiful(Sundaram).

2) Gunas are Three and it has various combinations..
Guna is like a Dhatu(root word) and its various combinations give rise to Pratipadika(Base) before becomes expressed Vacanam.

So you see..if Sattva Gene exists..the Rajas Gene Tamas Genes and it various combinations too would exists.

Sattva alone can not exists.
Only in a state Bhavatheetam Triguna Rahitam all 3 Gunas cease to exists.

Sattva too is merely a Guna.

1)I speak the Truth(Sathyam) that is Auspicious(Shivam) and Beautiful(Sundaram).

2) Gunas are Three and it has various combinations..
Guna is like a Dhatu(root word) and its various combinations give rise to Pratipadika(Base) before becomes expressed Vacanam.

So you see..if Sattva Gene exists..the Rajas Gene Tamas Genes and it various combinations too would exists.

Sattva alone can not exists.
Only in a state Bhavatheetam Triguna Rahitam all 3 Gunas cease to exists.

Sattva too is merely a Guna.

1. Truth does not require to be beautiful or auspicious to be truth. what is material to truth is being what it is -- the truth.

2. I did not contend that gunas do n ot exist. You said something about the genes theory and I countered it.

And before I forget, are you aware that there is something called Sudhdha Satvam?

And my daughter wrote a poem when asked to write by her teacher when she was in high school:

God, I want to be:

4. the material with which You are made.

And there lies the clue.

1. Truth does not require to be beautiful or auspicious to be truth. what is material to truth is being what it is -- the truth.

2. I did not contend that gunas do n ot exist. You said something about the genes theory and I countered it.

And before I forget, are you aware that there is something called Sudhdha Satvam?

And my daughter wrote a poem when asked to write by her teacher when she was in high school:

God, I want to be:

4. the material with which You are made.

And there lies the clue.

1)Sweet speech is a gift.
Harshness is never well received.
Even when I want to scold someone I word my Galiyaans poetically.

I am aware there are various degrees of sattva too.
Pure..Pure..Purest.

But these are just mere states..they have to be transcended some day.
We can not hold on to even the Purest of the Purest forever.

Your daughter is young..so her poem is nice and innocent..God I want to be material which You are made.

When one reaches my age..poems will echo..
About lies of the world..Maya..how we realize that falsehood of Maya is so self satisfied that we finally do not need it and ..

I want to break free
I want to break free
I want to break free from your lies
You're so self satisfied I don't need you
I've got to break free
God knows, God knows I want to break free.

Human beings like to discriminate and assert power over other human beings and all other life form. Period.
Reasons given may be many.
Psychological violence leading to physical violence - use race, religion, creed, color of skin, gender/transgender, caste, sex-orientation, etc

Today if you have money (and power) you can wipe out the disadvantages of all other factors.

Christianity is making caste issues a bigger deal in order to promote conversion. Bashing icons of caste system is a strategy.

In discrimination of any kind, humanity loses but human beings cannot stop from discriminating.

Post 1 article simply points out that west has no moral standing to criticize India.
And India should strive to minimize caste discrimination through education and enforcement of laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back