• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

That is the news

Status
Not open for further replies.
When probability results in profitability……..

A single ticket sold in Michigan matched all five numbers and the red Powerball to win the $320 million Powerball lottery jackpot, the 10[SUP]th[/SUP] largest prize in US history.

The odds of having a winning ticket were one in 175 million.

Odds does not matter IF YOU HAVE THE WINNING NUMBERS. LOL

When a lift does not give you a lift......

Twelve software professionals suffered serious injuries today when the cable of the lift at the SJR iPark, in Whitefield, Bengaluru, India snapped on the seventh floor, plunging the cabin right down to the basement of the seven-storey building.

The accident occurred in the Warp Tower of the campus, which houses around 10 tech companies.

While the police claimed that the lift was overloaded, employee accounts reveal that the lift had routine maintenance issues.

Hello Hari Sir,all the news shared here is good . post 29 ,OMG ,its disturbing very much.the basics needs has to be maintained properly,promptly.According to police statement ,does the alarm rings /gives red light glow? people gone through this news might use steps for some days.

When a lift does not give you a lift......

Twelve software professionals suffered serious injuries today when the cable of the lift at the SJR iPark, in Whitefield, Bengaluru, India snapped on the seventh floor, plunging the cabin right down to the basement of the seven-storey building.

The accident occurred in the Warp Tower of the campus, which houses around 10 tech companies.

While the police claimed that the lift was overloaded, employee accounts reveal that the lift had routine maintenance issues.

Sad news.
If Mr. Bhiravan's reads this his perspective would be "this is due to a congress PM". We should alert the UN or God. LOL

Nothing left to chance; bull attends all 'karyams'

BHOPAL: A bull bided its time and gored an old man to death when an opportunity came a day after the latter had thrown hot water on it. The bull followed the man when he was being taken to a hospital and later reached the crematorium during his funeral in little-known Deori Township in Sagar district of Madhya Pradesh.

Vengeful bull’s deadly pursuit - The Times of India

Power Play

No, I’m not talking about Cricket.

If you thought Michelle Obama is powerful being the First Lady of the USA, you are not entirely wrong. But you might like to know that Sonia Gandhi is ahead of Michelle when it comes to the world’s most powerful women in the Forbes’ list this year. Sonia is the sixth while Michelle is seventh most powerful woman in the world. Well, back in India, Sonia is probably the most powerful man (yes, you read it correct. I wrote ‘man’ and not ‘woman’).

BHOPAL: A bull bided its time and gored an old man to death when an opportunity came a day after the latter had thrown hot water on it. The bull followed the man when he was being taken to a hospital and later reached the crematorium during his funeral in little-known Deori Township in Sagar district of Madhya Pradesh.

What a BULLxxxx.
There are all more straightforward explanations than invoking the higher thought processes required for spite to be the motivation for bull's fury. A well established principle in the study of animal behavior is that of parsimony. Also known as Occum's Razor, it mandates choosing the simplest explanation for a behavior that accounts for the facts, even if more complicated options are available.
People may believe animals are feeling emotions like sadness, love and joy, but are we really just projecting those emotions onto animals?

I know you are only reporting a story in TOI.
My opinion is against the TOI story.

Power Play

No, I’m not talking about Cricket.

If you thought Michelle Obama is powerful being the First Lady of the USA, you are not entirely wrong. But you might like to know that Sonia Gandhi is ahead of Michelle when it comes to the world’s most powerful women in the Forbes’ list this year. Sonia is the sixth while Michelle is seventh most powerful woman in the world. Well, back in India, Sonia is probably the most powerful man (yes, you read it correct. I wrote ‘man’ and not ‘woman’).

Person!!!!!!!! <edited and removed - praveen>. (man & women are gender specific not power)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wanted to highlight that she is the "real man" in Indian politics (governance) today. The comment "<edited and removed - praveen>" is unbecoming of you.

I read this here in Malaysian papers some time back this month.

I feel as if the bull wanted to settle a score with the man..very unlike animal behaviour.
Looks like some previous birth score that needed to be settled.

I also wonder if the bull was actually feeling remorse after killing the man and was following the man as a mark of respect.

We would never know..whether the bull went right up to the cremation grounds becos of revenge or remorse.
Only the bull will be able to tell us.

dear renuka,
removing ones genitals,cooking and eating it will in no way going to help transgenders or genderless people.if u want to help them help them properly,not by removing the genitals. what will girls do ?

dear renuka,
removing ones genitals,cooking and eating it will in no way going to help transgenders or genderless people.if u want to help them help them properly,not by removing the genitals. what will girls do ?

No problems..<edited. just to be safe - praveen> Guys are not cutting off their tongues!LOL

What a Sleep... read the following in a news item....
இஸ்லாமாபாத்:
பிரான்ஸ் நாட்டைச் சேர்ந்த பெண் ஒருவர் விமானத்தில் தூங்கியதால் லாகூரில் இருந்து பாரீசுக்கு சென்ற அவர் மீண்டும் லாகூருக்கே திரும்பி வந்தார். 18 மணிநேரம் அந்த பெண்மனி தூங்கிக்கொண்டே பயணம் செய்தது எப்படி என்று இப்போது விசாரணை மேற்கொண்டுள்ளனர்.
பார்டீஸ் கிரிஸ்டின் அகமது என்ற அந்த பெண் செவ்வாய்கிழமையன்று லாகூரில் இருந்து பாரீசுக்கு பாகிஸ்தான் சர்வதேச விமானத்தில் ஏறி பயணம் செய்தார். விமானத்தில் ஏறிய உடன் அவர் உறங்கிவிட்டார்.
பாரீசில் விமானம் நின்றதும் பயணிகள் இறங்கியுள்ளனர். ஆனால் பார்டீஸ் இறங்கவில்லை. திரும்பவும் அதே விமானத்தின் பயணம் செய்து மறுபடியும் லாகூருக்கே வந்துவிட்டார். கிட்டத்தட்ட 12000 கிலோமீட்டர்கள் அதாவது 7700 மைல்கள் அந்த பெண் உறக்கத்திலேயே பயணம் செய்துள்ளார்.
இந்த சம்பவம் குறித்து பாகிஸ்தான் சர்வதேச விமான நிறுவன ஆணையம் விசாரணை மேற்கொண்டுள்ளது. அந்த பெண் திரும்பவும் பாரீஸ் செல்வதற்கு சிறப்பு ஏற்பாடுகளை செய்து கொடுத்தது பாகிஸ்தான் ஏர்லைன்ஸ் நிறுவனம்.
சரி, அந்த அம்மாதான் தூங்குச்சுன்னா, விமான ஊழியர்களுமா அதைக் கவனிக்கலே. நல்ல தூக்கம் போங்க!

Cheers

The Pakistani woman at least was still alive though she was in deep sleep. Look at this story:

Free(zing) ride

A mystery man who scaled Cape Town International airport’s fence on the night of 22[SUP]nd[/SUP] Aug 2012 was found dead inside the landing gear of a British Airways plane at Heathrow the next morning – and the doctors believe the man would have frozen to death within two hours. Aviation experts say the man would have been exposed to temperatures between -40’ and -50’ C while the Boeing 707 soared at 30 000 feet. Those conditions are not compatible with life. The stowaway has not yet been identified.

We read the news of a bull’s vengeance on a man. Here is a man’s vengeance on a cobra

A Nepal man who was bitten by a cobra snake bit it back and killed the reptile in a tit-for-tat attack.
“I could have killed it with a stick but bit it with my teeth instead because I was angry”, the 55 year old man was quoted as saying.
Police said the man, who was not in danger of dying, would not be charged with killing the snake because the reptile was not among snake species listed as endangered in Nepal.

dear renuka,
how can girls make men enjoy

In this world we actually make our own selves happy for the sake of the Atman.
No one can contribute to our happiness even though outwardly it might look so.

Sage Yajnavalkya's conversation with Maitreyi says it all:

He said, "It is not for the sake of the husband that the wife loves the husband, but for the sake of the Âtman that she loves the husband, because she loves the Self.

None loves the wife for the sake of the wife; but it is because one loves the Self that one loves the wife.

None loves the children for the children; but because one loves the Self, therefore one loves the children.

None loves wealth on account of the wealth; but because one loves the Self, therefore one loves wealth.

Yajnavalkya and Maitreyi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back