• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Tharpanam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Mr Thiagu,

Brahmayagyam is mandatory after all tarpanams irrespective of wheather its Amavasai , masa sankramam , Mahalaya Paksha Tarpanam or the Tarpanam which is perfomed after the shrardham of Father , mother etc.

The only exclusion for Brahmayagyam is the tarpanam peformed after Grahanam if it falls at odd hours ( like midnight , late eveining etc)

Otherwise It is mandatory as per our Veda shastra's that Brahmayagyam has to be performed after Tarpanam.

I hope that other esteemed and respected members would also agree with my view.

Thanks & Regards

N.Narayan

Dear Mr Thiagu,

Brahmayagyam is mandatory after all tarpanams irrespective of wheather its Amavasai , masa sankramam , Mahalaya Paksha Tarpanam or the Tarpanam which is perfomed after the shrardham of Father , mother etc.

The only exclusion for Brahmayagyam is the tarpanam peformed after Grahanam if it falls at odd hours ( like midnight , late eveining etc)

Otherwise It is mandatory as per our Veda shastra's that Brahmayagyam has to be performed after Tarpanam.

I hope that other esteemed and respected members would also agree with my view.

Thanks & Regards

N.Narayan

AFAIK, brahmayajnam is a mandatory daily ritual just as sandhyaavandanam, but one whai has been given up even by those who think sandhyaa is indispensable. The time for performing brahmayajnam is before noon but as regards tarpanam on amaavasya and the tri-monthly (it was formerly monthly I understand, shortened to the equinoxes and solstices somewhere along the route.) dates, the proper time is said to be after mid-noon.

knowledgeable persons may clarify.

Amavasya Tharpanam
Take minute quantities of water(just sufficient to soak one grain of black gram) three times in the right hand and take it with the following manthra.
1.Om Achyuthaya namah 2,Om Ananthaya namah 3.Om Govindaya namah
Then
Touch with thumb both cheeks saying keshava -Narayana
Touch with ring finger both eyes saying Madhava –govinda
Touch with the first finger both sides of nose saying Vishnu-Madhusoodana
Touch with little finger both ears saying Trivikrama-Vamana
Touch with the middle finger both shoulders saying Sreedhara-Hrishi kesha
Touch with all fingers the belly button saying Padmanabha
Touch with all fingers the head saying Damodara.

i get this from reading a book
so i sharing to u nishniv

Ammavasai Tharpana Saglpam for 2011-2012

I am living in Muscat, Oman. Please forward me the Ammavasai 2011-2012 tharpana sangalpam for the full year. Last year I downlaoded from this site and forwarded to some of my friends in Muscat. It was very useful and hence requesting the same

Nandrikal Pala
Vaithi

Dear Shri.Vaithi21,
Please refer to 'Sandhyavandanam' thread in:Rituals,Ceremonies,Pujas.
I had recently forwarded your requirement to Shri.P.C.Ramabhadran.He has given his Email
identity.He is an elderly gentleman,presently staying in USA with his sons.
Please send a mail to his Email ID referring my name.he will forward to you.
I do not have your email particulars.Otherwise I could have sent the required information which I received in another forum directly to you.

Ammavasai Tharpana Saglpam for 2011-2012

Dear Shri B.Krishnamoorthy

Thanks for your quick response. I will mail Shri. P.C.Ramabhadran quoting your name.

Once again thans for the guidance.

Regards
Vaithi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back