• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

temple funds

Status
Not open for further replies.
In our village, temples lands are given on lease and the income derived are used
for temple maintenance and other incidental expenses. But, of late, the Lessees
do not remit the lease amount properly and in some cases, I understand, slowly
such people are trying to take away the property with some influential acts. If
this is the state of affairs prevails, how can we expect the Temple to function well, but for
the help extended by philanthropic organizations, or well known charity institutions.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

dear balu sir !
it is not only by people without conscience even the governments are misusing the temple fund .i read a message( from one of my friends which i should not reproduce here) in which it was stated that only 15%of temple collection utilized for the hindu religion and rest is utilized for haj pilgrimage etc.in that article (not by an indian -only by an American) a question was asked why an IAS for running the temple administration which is not applied for a church or mosque .
namaskarams

all the temples are under hindu endowment board only -not only it pertains to tamilnadu it is the same case for all temples in karnataka and Andra .the excess fund is not utilised for temples which are not having fund even for daily pooja .

guru,

it does not do good to spread rumours based on 'what you have heard'.

the HRCE has a huge task. there are way many temples, very few are extremely popular, some self sufficient, and many in deficit.

please be assured, that other caste hindus, who are/were the cheif municients of the temple till and even now, have as much or more care in maintaining those edifices. tamill hinduism owes its existence and flourish to NBs, and it does not behoove well to cast aspirations through innuendos, about temple funds diverted to haj or christian churches.

admittedly these are government bureaucracies, and prior to these, as sangom would amplify many temples were managed by private folks, and many of them were cheated and mismanaged, by tambrams, who were in key admin positions then. we need to rid ourselves of such type of retro thinking that you pen here, implying everything has 'gone to dogs'.

not only are you getting worked up guru, but you are unnecessarily raising the BP of those who read your posts.. untrue and unauthenticated.

guru,

it does not do good to spread rumours based on 'what you have heard'.

the HRCE has a huge task. there are way many temples, very few are extremely popular, some self sufficient, and many in deficit.

Not only are you getting worked up guru, but you are unnecessarily raising the BP of those who read your posts.. untrue and unauthenticated.

I second that opinion, please post only corroborated facts. Do cast doubts in peoples mind about misuse of their contribution. If even 50% of the contribution is being used for legitimate purpose, we should be happy. If even a penny is being used for inappropriate use each of us is obligated to report and recover those funds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back