• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Telling Slokas

I know what you intend, but the wording is not right.
It should be reciting or chanting and not telling slokas.

Namaskaram to all elders. I have a question. Normally I used to sit and tell slokas during morning and evening. Can anyone be able to tell me which directions I should not face and sit. Thanks.

The recommended custom may be facing North and East directions to do puja.

The Veda says
Na desha niyamastasmin, na kaala niyamastatha

So, there is no fixed direction for praying. God is present everywhere. So, every direction is important. But it is more important to do prayer regularly …..it may be a Puja, Japa, Tapa, Dhyana, Karma Kriya and more.

It is your convenience that is more important.

Keep it up.

PS: Believers of Vastu Shastra may have different theory.

The recommended custom may be facing North and East directions to do puja.

The Veda says
Na desha niyamastasmin, na kaala niyamastatha

So, there is no fixed direction for praying. God is present everywhere. So, every direction is important. But it is more important to do prayer regularly …..it may be a Puja, Japa, Tapa, Dhyana, Karma Kriya and more.

It is your convenience that is more important.

Keep it up.

PS: Believers of Vastu Shastra may have different theory.
Thank you .. I don’t believe in Vastu.. thing is in our home I can either sit facing south or west... when I was sitting facing west my neighbor told that it is not correct and asked to check with some elders.. hence the question...

Latest ads

Back