• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

TB's always preferred the dark side of moon..

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

ShivKC

when it comes to srilankan issue, be it cho ramasamy, sv.sekar,dr.subramnia samy ,they always played on the other side. just opposite to the tamilian sentiments. a lost opportunity for the community to capitalize the sentiments and integrate with the main stream .

about mutts.. words cant say..

and now here is a new story on the row, dug from the graves .. seventy years ago, r.k.lakshman;s cartoon ridiculing anti=hindi sentiments.

Remove anti-Hindi agitation cartoon from NCERT text book: Karunanidhi - The Times of India

my post is not to dig in to r.k.lakshman or dig on cho ramasamy.

my quest is.

1. why community always behaved like fido-tido, and took positions opposite to majority of tamilians

2. how to get rid of this attitude.

when it comes to srilankan issue, be it cho ramasamy, sv.sekar,dr.subramnia samy ,they always played on the other side.

my quest is.

1. why community always behaved like fido-tido, and took positions opposite to majority of tamilians

Of the three you mentioned, Cho and Subramania samy do not pronounce themselves as spokespersons of the TB community. Their opinions should be considered only as their individual opinion.

Shekhar does talk about standing up for brahmin community but his views are considered seriously only by a handful of people.

Therefore, the basis on which you are staking your first claim is on shaky grounds.

2. how to get rid of this attitude.

While I am not sure whether TBs have this attitude, please bear in mind that to always acquiesce to the majority view is to lose your liberty to have a contrarian view.[h=2][/h]

Yes, at times it appears that TBs take an opposite views on some of the popular sentiments / opinions expressed. Everybody must be having an opinion of themselves and they have absolute freedom to express the same. Since the issues are looked from Tamil Nadu's perspective it appears like this. Cho Ramasamy even opposes Anna Hazare's actions (of course perfectly right - I fully share his views on this) also. Subramaniam Samy - is a born opposer for anything - but most of his opposition turns out to be good for the country. S V Sekar is not in such catagory of the other two. His voice may be heard only within the boundary of TN or only to his close circle.

As the other two person's opposition is good for the society let them continue to behave like that.

Venkat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back