• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Tarpanam doubt

Vipran

When my father passed away, I started doing amavasai tarpanam after one year, after abdheekam. My mother passed away recently, but vadhyar has asked us to include her in the amavasya tarpanam right away. Not quite sure, why it is so. For our mother, we are only doing oona masikams, 6th month and abhdeekam next year, due to constraints at home. The monthly masikams will be done cumulatively at the 6th and 12th month functions.

you have to include your mother in the tharpanam.it is correct. on 12th day you have included your mother pithru. your mother is a pithrru. for pithrus you have to do tharpanam. tharpanam is only water to quench thirst. you have to give her food while going by walk. that is masyam .actually souls have no thirst , no hunger. but the soul of your mother was there with jeevaathma. that jeevathma usually will tell to to the soul. (paramathma). now for one year the soul will feel hungry. and you are giving food.

asafoetida if you put that in a box. after some time you remove the asafoetida. but the smell will be there in the box. for some time. in the same manner you are feeding for one year.

.actually souls have no thirst , no hunger. but the soul of your mother was there with jeevaathma. that jeevathma usually will tell to to the soul. (paramathma). now for one year the soul will feel hungry. and you are giving food.
Thanks for that, Gopalan Sir. I am sending contribution to Veda Patasala bhojanam and my brother is feeding cows in goshala on mother's masikam tithi, instead. But we are not doing anything for sodhakumbhams. Can you tell me what is the exact tatparyam behind sodhakumbham - it has been a mystery to me; why it cannot be combined with masikam on a single day, and why it has to be done on the day before masikam (or any day before masikam?, not sure). As you already say, tarpanam takes care of the thirst, so why a separate sodhakumbham. Thanks.

Latest ads

Back