• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

tamil brahmins - whether obc or not

I am proud to belong to a community classified as Forward sir.

For me it is a matter of shame/disgrace to hasten to desire to be classified as backward sir! and I have no regrets mentioning this sir!

I am progressing forward in life sir! the community to which I belong to does not hinder me from progressing forward sir! on the contrary it facilitates me to progress forward sir!

My pride comes from the fact that I am a Brahmin meaning one who personally knows and spiritually relates with BRHMN who executes righteousness and judgment on earth.

A personal relationship and only a personal relationship with BRHMN will help progress in life and not reservation policy which has pushed people more and more backward sir!

Last edited:
my humble advice to you sir, please aspire to progress forward in life sir and please do not spoil/ruin your life desperately seeking to avail the benefits of reservation policy sir!

as per my SSLC book it is mentioned that brahmin is classified as obc. whether it is in force now. if so what are procedures required to get the certificate of OBC.

Some Gurukkal sect may be under OBC category. Exact details are not known.

[FONT=q_serif]Vishwakarma is a brahmin Community which comes under brahmin category but they are financially, politically and economically backward that is why they have been categorised under OBC category for their upliftment.

Are they Brahmins? That is an open question.[/FONT]

Mathul brahmin/ Mathil Brahmin Community which comes under brahmin category but they are financially, politically and economically backward that is why they have been categorised under OBC category under goverment of NCT of delhi for their upliftment and welfare. Another example Bhumihar brahmin. They are found in bihar, uttar pradesh and Nepal and comes under General category. Genuinely looking into the matter then BHUMIHARS will also get OBC status.But in British times Some of the early censuses of British India categorised Bhumihars as Shudras.
[FONT=q_serif]
When Uttrakhand was created some of Brahmins and Kshatriya castes were given obc status which was later on repealed. But Joshi subcaste of Brahmins is reallocated OBC status in recent times.[/FONT]

You are what you confess you are.

If you confess you are backward, you will forever remain backward.

If you confess you are forward, you will forever march forward.

Forward and Backward are attitudes.

There are many who have the capacity, caliber to acquire wealth yet choose to remain simple.

Buddha sacrificed his kingdom to seek the Truth.

Mr Thomas Stanes, grandson of Sir Robert Stanes discovered that the soil in Coimbatore is fertile to grow cotton.

Had he hid the secret to himself, he could have exploited, accumulated wealth and could have been among the richest in the world.

Yet he chose to share and advise the farmers in Coimbatore district to venture into spinning and weaving mills.

The result, what would have remained an insignificant town where there was not even a railway station, is now referred to as Manchester of South India.

The Coimbatore Spinning and Weaving Mills is to this day popularly referred to as Stanes Mill and not by its current name.

In spite of becoming financially forward, the community of mill-owners chose to be classified under 'backward'. the result is the current scenario.

There are only additions to OBC list! No deletions!! All the richest communities such as Naidus, Reddiars, Vellalars (Mudaliars), Chettiyars, Pillais are backward....I think by this logic Tamil Brahmins in TN should be deemed as OBC....With clamor for reservation in Private sector too the sooner we become OBC the better for us!! Or else there should be economic criterion for availing reservations!!

Forward and Backward are attitudes.

There are many who have the capacity, caliber to acquire wealth yet choose to remain simple.

Buddha sacrificed his kingdom to seek the Truth.

Mr Thomas Stanes, grandson of Sir Robert Stanes discovered that the soil in Coimbatore is fertile to grow cotton.

Had he hid the secret to himself, he could have exploited, accumulated wealth and could have been among the richest in the world.

Yet he chose to share and advise the farmers in Coimbatore district to venture into spinning and weaving mills.

The result, what would have remained an insignificant town where there was not even a railway station, is now referred to as Manchester of South India.

The Coimbatore Spinning and Weaving Mills is to this day popularly referred to as Stanes Mill and not by its current name.

In spite of becoming financially forward, the community of mill-owners chose to be classified under 'backward'. the result is the current scenario.

Wait a second...so Thomas Stane had Sattva genes? He didnt exploit anyone...he helped the farmers instead..Vaagmi ji....where are you? See...Sattva genes in a Caucasian! So your Fatwa isnt right! Lol

What has money got to do with Backward and Forward?
If we go by Sattva theory..then only Brahmins are Forward cos they are Sattva.

Other caste have Rajas and Tamas mostly..so by.this classification all the Non Brahmins would come under Backward classification..Tamas yaar..Tamas ..its mode of Backwardness.

So dont worry..only in Dunya one is tested..in Jannah the foward will be rewarded...why do you seek material gain in Dunya when in Jannah only Sattva will rule.

Ya Rabba Alamin!

Last edited:
who cares where we go once we leave this body, it is all speculations.
What we see is what in front of our nose. Right now I want to get ahead by hook or crook.
Let philosophy and moral take care of themselves. (just an observation),

who cares where we go once we leave this body, it is all speculations.
What we see is what in front of our nose. Right now I want to get ahead by hook or crook.
Let philosophy and moral take care of themselves. (just an observation),

Exactly! This is what I wanted to hear..see everyone wants material gain etc but yet many weave a story of Sattva Fatwa...Gunas alone cant sustain anyone...if one views only Gunas as self sustaining...one wont complain that the Reddys or Naidus are rich yet claiming OBC status...this shows everyones game is just desire...so admiting this is not wrong..its being honest.

Last edited:
Opportunities are to be offered only based on how poor one is for generations. I think all this caste based reservations should be done with. I know it will not happen but India will gain if it go back to merit based system with Government and private sector to reach out to poor communities (based on financial status only, not on castes, creed or religion)

Opportunities are to be offered only based on how poor one is for generations. I think all this caste based reservations should be done with. I know it will not happen but India will gain if it go back to merit based system with Government and private sector to reach out to poor communities (based on financial status only, not on castes, creed or religion)
hi

if vote bank based democracy in india....so reservation will continue forever..

Latest ads

Back