• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Take this poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Science is not subject to belief but understanding. That understanding can evolve over time.

Our knowledge scriptures are also not subject to belief but understanding (but with a difference from understanding of Science). Scientific facts cannot help with the understanding required here. Also the core knowledge is total and is not subject to evolution.

Therefore the assumption embedded in the poll is not applicable.

Having said this, vast majority in the world believe in their own scriptures and some believe Science like religion.

Dear Shri TKS,

I understand both science and spirituality and so do a number of others. But they may still believe that one is more true than the other. For example I believe spiritual knowledge is more true than science. Finding that is the intent of the poll.

Dear Sravna Sir.

Though our forum has thousands of members, only a few are regular posters and some post occasionally.

So, I wonder how this poll result will reflect the public opinion? :confused:

Dear Sravna Sir.

Though our forum has thousands of members, only a few are regular posters and some post occasionally.

So, I wonder how this poll result will reflect the public opinion? :confused:

Dear Smt.RR,

It will not if only a very few vote. A greater participation might give an indication of people's belief.

Sravna...I am still not able to vote cos there are no options for my mindset.

BTW its interesting to note that you have established a diagnosis that I do not have a spiritual mindset.

I respect your opinion...no doubts about that.

But could you let me know how you arrived to that diagnosis cos you are not the first person to think on those lines.

I am interested to know your analysis on this.

Dear Shri TKS,

I understand both science and spirituality and so do a number of others. But they may still believe that one is more true than the other. For example I believe spiritual knowledge is more true than science. Finding that is the intent of the poll.

Why do you divorce spirituality from everything?

If Spirituality is the Whole Picture..isnt Science too part and parcel of the whole picture.

Tell me...what is not in Brahman?

If you notice..our scriptures do not separate Science from Spirituality.

The Vedangas are very Scientific in approach.

Sravna...I am still not able to vote cos there are no options for my mindset.

BTW its interesting to note that you have established a diagnosis that I do not have a spiritual mindset.

I respect your opinion...no doubts about that.

But could you let me know how you arrived to that diagnosis cos you are not the first person to think on those lines.

I am interested to know your analysis on this.

Dear Renuka,

The list I gave as a guide for voting, is one in which, a person thinks either science or spirituality does a better job. Belief in spirituality manifests in a positive way and the conviction that self can reach an exalted and ideal state is present. You do not seem to believe in that as you have a negative outlook for all.

Why do you divorce spirituality from everything?

If Spirituality is the Whole Picture..isnt Science too part and parcel of the whole picture.

Tell me...what is not in Brahman?

If you notice..our scriptures do not separate Science from Spirituality.

The Vedangas are very Scientific in approach.

Dear Renuka,

I am not divorcing spirituality from anything. It is science that wants to stay away from it. I welcome science into the spiritual fold.

Dear Renuka,

The list I gave as a guide for voting, is one in which, a person thinks either science or spirituality does a better job. Belief in spirituality manifests in a positive way and the conviction that self can reach an exalted and ideal state is present. You do not seem to believe in that as you have a negative outlook for all.

Does not subscribing to an ideal exalted state translate to having a negative outlook?

I wonder.

For me personally I feel that after a while of dabbling with anything good for eg even Spirituality...there is a risk of still being attached to the idea of an exalted state where its all Chidananda Roopah Shivoham Shivoham...I am not saying this is wrong.

But if we do some introspection..we could still find traits of desire in us to even want to reach that state.

So why be attached to even that idea?

How different is it from a person who desires a bottle of alcohol?
Both would get Spiritually high.

That is why I prefer not to be attached to the idea of an exalted state..it only feeds desire.

Yes..an exalted state might exists for all we know..but do we have to desire it and hanker for it?

Nope..not for me at least...cos I feel as long as we lead our life in a way that we do not harm others or self..we would naturally reach any state(if it exists) without us having to desire for it.

It aint easy to drop the desire for Firdaus..but why have desires?

Get my point?

Is it still considered Negative?

Dear Renuka,

I am not divorcing spirituality from anything. It is science that wants to stay away from it. I welcome science into the spiritual fold.

You can not welcome something which was always present.

Its like welcoming oxygen into the atmosphere!LOL

Dear Renuka,

Purpose to life implies that we move in a guided and knowledgeable way and that is when we reach the goal. It is first necessary to understand that purpose and then work towards achieving it. Trying to reach a natural state is not equivalent to having desires. Desire has a negative connotation and is something which stands in your way to the goal.

Dear Renuka,

Purpose to life implies that we move in a guided and knowledgeable way and that is when we reach the goal. It is first necessary to understand that purpose and then work towards achieving it. Trying to reach a natural state is not equivalent to having desires. Desire has a negative connotation and is something which stands in your way to the goal.

Dear Sravna....I almost prefer not to divide everything into Positive or Negative..both are just polar opposite but on the same axis not matter how much we try to deny it.

Its better to have a holistic view in life and experience the experiences without a dualistic vision.

I feel you need to work on that cos dualitic view might stall your progress.

Dear Sravna....I almost prefer not to divide everything into Positive or Negative..both are just polar opposite but on the same axis not matter how much we try to deny it.

Its better to have a holistic view in life and experience the experiences without a dualistic vision.

I feel you need to work on that cos dualitic view might stall your progress.

Renuka,

Is it possible to not really have a dualistic vision? The reason for existence is to overcome dualistic vision. Till then everyone has a dualistic vision and are you on the right track is what matters.

Renuka,

Is it possible to not really have a dualistic vision? The reason for existence is to overcome dualistic vision. Till then everyone has a dualistic vision and are you on the right track is what matters.

There is no track Sravna...that too is Unreal.

I will guide you to the pathless path that does not require you to take even a step.

You can be right where you are..you were always there..you can never get lost..there is no where to go for there is nothing to search for.. you delude yourself into thinking there is an Amazing Grace that would save a wretch like us humans..no one is lost..no one is found..no one if blind that they need to see.

Its that simple Sravna.

There is no track Sravna...that too is Unreal.

I will guide you to the pathless path that does not require you to take even a step.

You can be right where you are..you were always there..you can never get lost..there is no where to go for there is nothing to search for.. you delude yourself into thinking there is an Amazing Grace that would save a wretch like us humans..no one is lost..no one is found..no one if blind that they need to see.

Its that simple Sravna.

It is not that simple Renuka. People do experience pain and sufferings and with right guidance situations do improve. It is you who is being deluded into thinking that everything is unreal. I strongly believe in advaita. Even Adi Sankara grants the status of relative reality to this world. You do experience in a relative sense real things and you need to learn to cope up with them to reach your ultimate real state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back