• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

T.T. Rangarajan speech on salute to mothers -2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent speech. :clap2:
But........ I wonder whether the description of 'Mother' holds good for today's mothers!! :decision:

Most of them do not come under 'sacrificing 'category! I have seen a mother who went abroad with her hubby

when the board exam was ON for her son! :(

P.S: Most of the celebrities resemble their moms - Amazing to see!

Excellent speech. :clap2:
But........ I wonder whether the description of 'Mother' holds good for today's mothers!! :decision:

Most of them do not come under 'sacrificing 'category! I have seen a mother who went abroad with her hubby

when the board exam was ON for her son! :(

P.S: Most of the celebrities resemble their moms - Amazing to see!

I read a news item in Todays TOI, a woman Activist from AAP is in Puzhal Jail for a week and it is the time of exam that her children need her more for support.

Alwan

CHENNAI: For Stella Mary, this is the time she needs to be at home, helping her two children appearing for Class 10 and 12 boards prepare for the examinations. Instead, the 35-year-old, who runs a small business, has spent the last one week in Puzhal jail after she was arrested along with 49 other AAP activists for staging a protest in front of the chief minister's residence last Saturday (March 21).

"Her daughter and son always depend on her during exams. They are very upset and worried," an AAP member said, adding that Stella has been actively participating in all AAP agitations.
This is the news!

The mom should NOT have joined the agitation, if she wanted to help her children during their board exam!

When family gets the second priority - after politics, such situations will arise!
grumpy.png

Is a mother defined by the spirit of sacrifice?

Sacrifice sounds as if a mother grudging does something for a child as if she has to give up something in order to do so.

Also the word Sacrifice here makes love within mother and child sound like an emotional black mail so that the child stays indebted to the mother.

So sacrifice is a word that will eventually have self vested interest.

I feel when we love a child..we do the best for him/her and do not view it as a sacrfice but rather as our parental duty which has love as its substratum and we should NOT expect the child to be indebted to us.

Dear Renu,

Those who are born with a silver spoon in the mouth will not understand the sacrifices of a few mothers,

whose children are affluent now! The request for fulfilling mother's wishes is very apt in that meeting. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back