• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

T. M. Krishna quits December music season

Status
Not open for further replies.
NRI is a very recent phenomenon. Have NRIs been visiting Chennai for the last 100 years during music season?

Chandru Sir

I am not questioning the Origin of the December Music Season but pointing out how it is now being smartly marketed in December for the factors listed in my Post No: 23 . The opening of the Indian Economy in the early 90s to the rise of the IT revolution helped in the marketing of the December music season a lot .

Chandru Sir

I am not questioning the Origin of the December Music Season but pointing out how it is now being smartly marketed in December for the factors listed in my Post No: 23 . The opening of the Indian Economy in the early 90s to the rise of the IT revolution helped in the marketing of the December music season a lot .

Sir,

Some members are not interested in accepting the fact.

NRI traffic for the last couple years is less due to recession in the West.

Now the music season is linked with Marghazhi month, without understanding the reason for it. It is likely that a day will come and people may link it with some saint.

The basic feel of Carnatic music is supposed to be bhakthi! :pray2:

Since MArgazhi is the special month for early morning prayers, it is apt to conduct the Isai Vizha during that month.

Many NRIs who wish to listen to many live concerts, take this opportunity to visit India. Some of them register for

dental treatments during mornings! orE kallula reNdu mAngAy ! :thumb:

NRI traffic for the last couple years is less due to recession in the West.

Yes true and I know personally some relatives of mine who used to come regularly from Abroad for the Margazhi Music season did not attend the last 2-3 years .

sure. music season provides not only sevikku unavu, but also vayitriRkum uNavu, Thanks to mount Manis, Arusuvai et al.
rgopalan

Yes true and I know personally some relatives of mine who used to come regularly from Abroad for the Margazhi Music season did not attend the last 2-3 years .

After all the teeth have been pulled out there is perhaps no need to come for the December season. Good quality dentures are available in US/Canada at a reasonable affordable cost. LOL.

Vaagmi Sir

You have wrongly quoted my statement for your reply .I never mentioned about dental treatment .It was Raji Madam who had mentioned the same as per her Post No: 28 .

Last edited:
If T M Krishna thinks that things will change to his way of thinking by withdrawing himself from December season sabha kacheriies, it will be wrong. His decision will not serve any purpose except rasikas will miss his soulful music and other artists filling up the timeslot left out by him.Nothing more than that.

There is an adage in villages about the person, who gets angry with the 'kuLam', where people wash themselves!

This might be a similar situation! :sad:

If T M Krishna does not want to sing in December concerts then he could have done it silently without announcement.

Brahmamyan,
Bangalore.

He has belly full of complaints against sabhas, people who control the sabhas, preferential treatment to vidwans, dominance of brahmins in the field, lack of encouragement to others to enter the field - all his concerns will gwt publicity only if he quits with a bang.

He should pursue his goals in the ways he thinks.

If T M Krishna does not want to sing in December concerts then he could have done it silently without announcement.

Brahmamyan,
Bangalore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back