• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Supreme leaders - are by design destined to fail and self destruct !!!

Supreme leaders - are by design destined to fail and self destruct !!!

Supreme leaders by definition concentrate their powers and hence the decision making is with a close group of senior members aka coterie !!

1. In any complex organisation, a close coterie cannot deliver as they don't have the breadth nor the depth of knowledge and expertise that they need across the spectrum.

2. Coterie by definition create huge political chasm due to high concentration of power and centralised decision making. This leads to sidelining of top talent, favouritism, highly political environment, inordinate delays, deep resentment as others opinions are deliberately trashed in open. Decisions are thrust top down against all opposition leading to pitched battles and open rebellion,

3. Supreme leaders get completely isolated and live in ivory towers totally detached from the realities as all information is fed by the coterie. Coterie will normally cut off all other information sources directly to the leader as that will undermine their powers.

4. Coterie starts hiding issues and problems and only present favourable reports and they start demonising the opposition if they are questioned.

5. Coterie becomes more powerful than the leader as he has no direct connection to the ground reality and is totally dependant on them. Since there are no multiple power centres, the leader has no contrarian views. Only one view fed by the coterie day in and day out.

6. Due to high level of politics by the coterie, they create powerful enemies who are absolutely determined to bring them down.

7. Finally the supreme leader despite realising that he has been boxed in by the coterie cannot take action as they have become too powerful and will invite severe backlash.

This is why a Manmohan was more successful despite multiple power centres at war. Multiple power centres keep each other in check and leader has the final say, though this happened accidentally due to coalition politics. In this govt, there is one power centre and that is the coterie and it has no check and balance, and most of them are not elected, so they have become the super bureaucrats !!!

Same thing happened to Indira Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi where they were overshadowed by the coterie on all decisions, leading to their downfall.

Narasimha Rao was undoubted the most brillaint statesman, he not only created multiple power centres to keep each other in check, he also had numerous sources of information that ensured he had a excellent view on the ground realities of contradictory opinions and views.

In management, one of they key lesson is to have multiple power centres that keep each other in check. If not, then the organisation is bound to be doomed. And in this case, unfortunately the country.

Also the reason you have many independent institutions that can keep each other in check, and you can see in the USA, this works via the house and senate keeping a check on all executive powers and actions.

Last edited:
Supreme leaders are Kings or Dictators.

I am shocked that intelligent people give up democracy to a dictator.
I should not surprised people did elect Hitler (again on narrow religious grounds).

Supreme leaders are Kings or Dictators.

I am shocked that intelligent people give up democracy to a dictator.
I should not surprised people did elect Hitler (again on narrow religious grounds).

Absolutely !!! My view is that most people do NOT want to take a contrarian view to th majority opinion. They fear the backlash. So they are muted in their opposition and under repeated propaganda from the majority they just fall in line.

herd mentality is ingrained in our DNA !!!

I think such cases of mass hysteria happen in every generation.

So they cronicled in the famous pied piper story !!!!! Perfect analogy for the current lot of Indians and Americans !!!

LOL !!!

Latest ads

Back