• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Supreme brahman mantra anybody

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

agopal

Hello,
I was trying to find some mantra for daily use on supreme brahman. The only thing I found was from MahaNirvana tantra (om satchit ekam brahman) which I find a bit shady considering some quote on the web saying it got added to Atharav veda in 18th century. Upanishads talk a lot about it but how come there is no vedic( ritualistic) mantra on brahman.

Thanks a lot in advance
Gopal

Hare Krishna

Dear Mr. Gopal,

You are advised to read the bhagavad gita As it is written by His divine Grace Srila prabhupada (founder acharya ISKCON) to get all the questions and also read books written by Srila prabhupada.

Chant Hare Krishna maha mantra and be happy.

hari bol
venkat

Hello,
I was trying to find some mantra for daily use on supreme brahman. The only thing I found was from MahaNirvana tantra (om satchit ekam brahman) which I find a bit shady considering some quote on the web saying it got added to Atharav veda in 18th century. Upanishads talk a lot about it but how come there is no vedic( ritualistic) mantra on brahman.

Thanks a lot in advance
Gopal

Well. I think we should first study the vedas as it was concieved and passed on orally for thousands of years. There may be a well intentioned reason for that. I don't think vedas are that hard to understand and follow. Neither are upanisads which form the essence of vedas. No offence to any group but that any new organizations founded way later doesn't attract my attention. I would rather follow Vishvamithra/Vashishta/Yagnavalkya/ may be Adi shankara rather than prabupadha. Bhagavad gita mostly talks about values which is good for day to day life but very little about supreme brahman ( say like Brahadaranyaka upanisad).

Hare Krishna

Dear Mr. Gopal,

Bhagavad gita is the essence of all vedas and is being told by SRI KRISHNA HIMSELF to luckiest Arjuna during the kurukshetra war .. vedas is out of question in this kaliyuga.. we are now in the most worst period .. this yuga will last for another 427000 years (5 years already completed) and so the best medicine for this yuga and the easy method is reciting the maha mantra HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA, KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE , HARE RAMA HARE RAMA, RAMA RAMA HARE HARE..... and also strictly following the 4 regulative principles .. no meat eating, no intoxication, no illlicit sex and no gambling and intoxication includes tea , coffee and other such beverages ... as a request kindly v isit any of the iskcon centres near by to your house and listen to the lectures .. which is from the authenticated scriptures and ISKCON parampara gurus or disciples never claim that they are god like the other fake swamijis.... so be careful with the swamijis who say that we can commit all sin (meat eating, and all kind of nonsense) and they will give a magic mantra to refrain from the effects of the sin.. no way it can happen .. Laws of nature cannot change and will punish ....no living entity can escape it..

anyway i think if you visit and listen to the lectures at ISKCON.... you will be clear of all your questions.. because they relay the message as it without any adulteration... hari bol

best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back