• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

"SUNDAY MUSING"...[Aaa..Ha..lwa...!!..]...TVK

Status
Not open for further replies.

kk4646

"SUNDAY MUSING"...[Aaa..Ha..lwa...!!..]

'We will prepare Bhadam Halwa..for Deepavali'...

Announced by ...neither my Better-half nor the other ladies of the house..!!

Announced.. by my two SONS...!!

Hey..you fellows ..What are you talking..?.. surprised and agitated Be'haf ..questioned..
Yes ..Mom..this deepavali we want to show our proficiency in cooking.. Then I intervened..Ha..Ha..when you two have obtained such proficiency..?
Dad..you know nothing about cooking..but we self cooked .. I did it in Mexico for two years..and this fellow for two years in Germany..So..pl. don't under estimate us..elder son's instantaneous reply..
It is o.k...but why you want to show your adventurism now..? It is not like your swimming, cycling,trekking,Marathon etc..etc...You should know the recipe as well...
Yes..we know the the step by step process itself..Everything is in the Internet..we have studied and discussed..so don't worry..
I preferred not to talk anymore..But the war clouds started hovering since the ladies felt it was intrusion into their kitchen domain..Arguments..counter arguments..but the boys did not budge and finally b'half and others relented..[whatelse they could .!!]..So the 'operation Bhadam Halwa started two days before Deepavali..All materials were procured..and the Bhadam seeds were soaked for the night..
Now the D'day..day before Deepavali..the boys started preparing the Bhadam Halwa and the ladies left for shopping [Escaped conveniently..??] ..So I was the sole witness for that 'operation bhadam halwa'..Really the aroma of fresh ghee and other ingredients was tempting..and after sometime..I peeped into the kitchen..just to know the halwa 'status'..The big stainless-steel KADAAI with multi coloured liquid was over the gas stove and the elder son was stirring it with a big spoon..The laptop was over the dining table and the stop watch was running by the side of it..
Is this Bhadam Halwa..why laptop and stop watch..?..just I asked out of curiosity..
Yes..dad ..we are in the final stage.. I have to stirr this for twenty minutes..and you will get tasty Bhadam Halwa.. Laptop ..we are keeping just to verify the sequence of process..and we have completed four minutes already..so pl. wait..
I have waited.. ten minutes.. twelve minutes in stop watch..the liquid halwa started to become semi solid..fourteen minutes..it hardened furthermore..and at the end of eighteenth minute it became total SOLID..!!..Hey..Hey..something is wrong..Halwa became cake..why..? Worried exclamation from the elder...!!...
Hey you fool...you kept the flame in 'High' instead of SIM...see the recipe in the laptop..you have spoiled the whole thing..shouted the younger..Hmmm..we have to find a way out..Google it..find out the solution.. commanded the elder.. Feverish typing by the younger in laptop ...sorry no solution in google..replied with upset feeling..
Why don't you add some more ghee and boil it again..the solid mass may melt..I have contributed to the confusion...Hmm..it may work let us try.. So the Kadaai with solid halwa put back over the stove and heated in SIM with some more ghee..After sometime the ghee started boil and the solid mass absorbed it entirely ..solidified furthermore with the big spoon used for stirring protruding at the centre like a FLAG post..!!...

TVK

[To Be continued ]

......... Why don't you add some more ghee and boil it again..the solid mass may melt..I have contributed to the confusion...Hmm..it may work let us try............
Dear TVK Sir,

Since the story is to be continued, I expect a 'shubam' end of halwa by your better half and daughters!
All the efficient cooks know that to melt a solid halwa / any sweet, we need to heat after adding H2O and NOT ghee!! :pound:

Dear TVK Sir,

Since the story is to be continued, I expect a 'shubam' end of halwa by your better half and daughters!
All the efficient cooks know that to melt a solid halwa / any sweet, we need to heat after adding H2O and NOT ghee!! :pound:

I was neither a cook nor efficient...!!

TVK

I was neither a cook nor efficient...!!
You don't have to say it, Sir... Your 'idea' to rectify the halwa makes it too obvious!
icon3.png

Dear sweet lovers,

Here is an easy way to make Badham Halwa in thirty minutes!

The most important things to remember are:

1. Use a thick nonstick pan for preparation.

2. Use a wooden spoon to avoid scratches and noise!

3. Wear a cotton full length gloves to cover your hands!!

P.S: Please do not listen to the advice by TVK Sir in the OP... :becky:

So in the next get-togther.. we can expect Bhadam Halwa as prepared by RR madam..!!

TVK

Dear sweet lovers,

Here is an easy way to make Badham Halwa in thirty minutes!

The most important things to remember are:

1. Use a thick nonstick pan for preparation.

2. Use a wooden spoon to avoid scratches and noise!

3. Wear a cotton full length gloves to cover your hands!!

P.S: Please do not listen to the advice by TVK Sir, in the OP... :becky:

Dear friends,

Some of you may wonder how TVK Sir is able to quote my post, before it appeared in this thread. :typing:

I deleted and re-posted the same, to avoid the comment 'last edited by RR....' :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back