• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Tamilnadu Brahmin population is around 7% which equal to any big community. Being one of the big community we never raised our voice for getting our rights. We brahmins are separated among ourselves and supporting various political parties. Instead of doing that we should organise a meeting of all brahmins from all over Southern India (since considerable percentage of brahmins are staying at Karnataka, Andhra for their daily bread and butter) and we should organise a rally and should give a memorandum to the Govt. We should put an condition that if our demands are fulfilled then we will vote to that person else will boycott. Beleive me in all the places we will be the deciding factor (75% area) ateleast in the brahmin belts. Since, the General and Assembly elections are going to come definately political parties will be keen to listen our demand.

We can select a person to whom we can vote and we should make our person to fight for polls.

Dear K M Raghavan,

Please note that brahmins living in Tamilnadu (not all Tamil brahmins put together) are
less than 5 % - it could be further less.

To bring about unity in brahmin community, that too for elections purpose, will be
a near impossible task, because most of us are well educated and intelligent and have independent thinking. True, brahmins possess leadership qualities, but many of us are not very successful, to work in a team, headed by somebody else.

Good and bad people are there in every caste/group. Moreover, what is the guarantee that the representative chosen by us will not change colours, after getting elected, presuming he/she could win the elections with our support?

There are better ways of achieving the same goals and objectives.

1. We may conduct public meetings at many places, periodically and express our
feelings and grievances, without causing hurt to anyone.
2. Conduct peaceful processions to highlight our demands, whenever situation warrants.
3. Sign mass petitions and despatch to the powers that be.
4. Engage ourselves in good social service, to counter the charges levelled against us.
5. Fight legal battles collectively on issues that affect the whole community.
6. Go to the help of people in real distress, for no fault of theirs.
7. Extend assistance - verbal, physical and monetary - to the poor amongst us.
8. Educate bright boys/girls from our community, who lack adequate resources to
support themselves.
9. Utilise the media - print, electronic and internet - to voice our thoughts and
demands on a continuous basis, with true dedication.
10. Let us not back-stab each other, for selfish ends.

Last edited:
Thanks

Dear Sir,

Really thank you very much for your mail which really I accept. In fact, we at Bhopal(MP) collectively did this type of socio cultural programmes named as NAVA SHAKTHI PEETAM.

As we five individuals were doing this job very successfully we have been targeted by the other TAMIL SANGAM OLDIES and they have started telling nonsense about us to others. Hence, I separated myself from that organisation since basically I am very angry person.

After seeing your mail I really feel that we all should gather in a place and implement the suggestions you have given in this mail.

If you, or any organisation is going to start this type of service believe me I will be the first person to serve there.

Regards,

K. Raghavan
Dear K M Raghavan,

Please note that brahmins living in Tamilnadu (not all Tamil brahmins put together) are
less than 5 % - it could be further less.

To bring about unity in brahmin community, that too for elections purpose, will be
a near impossible task, because most of us are well educated and intelligent and have independent thinking. True, brahmins possess leadership qualities, but many of us are not very successful, to work in a team, headed by somebody else.

Good and bad people are there in every caste/group. Moreover, what is the guarantee that the representative chosen by us will not change colours, after getting elected, presuming he/she could win the elections with our support?

There are better ways of achieving the same goals and objectives.

1. We may conduct public meetings at many places, periodically and express our
feelings and grievances, without causing hurt to anyone.
2. Conduct peaceful processions to highlight our demands, whenever situation warrants.
3. Sign mass petitions and despatch to the powers that be.
4. Engage ourselves in good social service, to counter the charges levelled against us.
5. Fight legal battles collectively on issues that affect the whole community.
6. Go to the help of people in real distress, for no fault of theirs.
7. Extend assistance - verbal, physical and monetary - to the poor amongst us.
8. Educate bright boys/girls from our community, who lack adequate resources to
support themselves.
9. Utilise the media - print, electronic and internet - to voice our thoughts and
demands on a continuous basis, with true dedication.
10. Let us not back-stab each other, for selfish ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back