• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

succession at tata sons

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunjuppu

What an outsider would do at Tatas: Russi Mody on Ratan successor-Corporate Trends-News By Company-News-The Economic Times

Anybody who is even glancing at the Indian businessworld, cannot but get caught in this new frenzy. To find a new leader for the tata group, now with rattan tata retiring.

The tata group, ever part of every indian’s psyche, in recent years, has had a meteoric rise. Just this week, what was once considered a business folly ie purchasing jaguar/range rover, has proved to be among the best roi with huge profits. The tatas are adding 1000 new jobs in England!

I cannot wait for the day when I come to india to ride a nano. Has anybody here driven one? Would like some feedback.

Tcs top management has more than its share of TB – ramadurai who was the highest paid CEO a couple of years ago, chandrasekharan..etc. all pattars to the boot . But these do not aspire to lead tata sons.

The beauty of tata sons, the holding company, is that most of the money made goes to charities. Hence there is no constant pressure, like companies in the west, to put profits ahead of social responsibility. If the stock drops a rupee or two in value, nobody screams. All this makes tatas an ideal company for benevolence to its employees, take long term risks and at the same time immune to the vagaries of the ups/downs of the market place.

With all this going, rattan tata needs the right successor. Leaving it in a rush to the wrong person, would only mean, that after a couple of years of confusion and fiasco, rattan would have to come back to straighten out the ship (a la Stephen jobs re apple computers).

The names tossed about (ghosn…) etc are all old time fogies. I think tatas need a leader of the younger generation like kalanithi maran. Now before everyone raises their voices in one homogenous howl, let me explain – this guy has come out of nowhere to build the largest telecom/aerospace business in india. Admitted he has political support. But remember, so does so many many political families. Nobody else has had the vision or the werewithal to grow so much exponenetially except the ambanis. And these are well entrenched to be drawn away from their current empire.

There must be others in Indian industry in their 40s who qualify. Any names? Anyone?

k,

i agree maran brother's are a pride amongst tamil's from younger generation,but then so is stalin,who will be the future chief minister of tn after the demise of our mu ka.ideally if mu ka had retired and let young blood take over,he would have witnessed marathon political suaveness from jj and stalin.apparently such dreams of mine never occur nor people of tamil nadu ,sigh !wish rahul gandhi captures tamil nadus hearts and minds,as congress need to comeback after kamarajar and moopanar's sterling legacy.

Democracy Where is it ?

Democracy seems to have taken root in Corporate governance Ratan Tata has already started the move to find a successor to him and now Naryana Moorthy is at it. But Politically what is happening? MK Has already has his successor In MK. Stalin. If not to be fought out among his Children only! Jambu.:nod:​

tata take a bow.
kalanithi would be nothing if not for political patronage of DMK and central government depending on DMK. for his and his group of companies growth, competitors were threatened or forced out. Hathway is one prime example of being hounded out of chennai. What happened to other cable operators is well known. If not for political backup, he would only be one among lot of youthful, foresightful, icon.

vembu,

you missed the point in my note, which is precisely what you have written.

there are literally hundreds of young men who have the same facility for political clout and business smarts. only kalanithi appears to have garned it, maneovered and put it together for huge success.

tatas, always had political clout. i think kalanithi would be a good fit.

i want you to suggest some other names, who are in their 40s, and who could be possible candidates.

political clout is a must to succeed. do not talk about it disparagingly. let us look for something good to come out of it. ok?

tata take a bow.
kalanithi would be nothing if not for political patronage of DMK and central government depending on DMK. for his and his group of companies growth, competitors were threatened or forced out. Hathway is one prime example of being hounded out of chennai. What happened to other cable operators is well known. If not for political backup, he would only be one among lot of youthful, foresightful, icon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back