• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

subsects

Status
Not open for further replies.
why do you want to open three threads with the same query?

also why are your queries in bold. would not ordinary type carry your message? or is it urgent?

and finally, if someone has to take the trouble to answer you, would it not be polite, to explain, the purpose of your query.

i think it is only fair for you to explain the reasons. thank you.

There is no ranking in this and each one can call themselves superior to others. In life I have also met people of one sect in a region within TN feeling superior and the people of the same sect feeling inferior themselves in a different region. But definitely each have their own subtle idiosyncrasies which the modern population, (always in a hurry eating fast foods) will fail to notice or even recognize. And again there are sub-subsects, too.

The thread starter has already shown his bias/partiality in mentioning the different sects.He could have mentioned the Sect particulars choosing
alphabetical order.Everyone believes that his sect/subsect is superior to others.
This reminds me of an incident in my School days in 1940s.Late Shri.C.V.Raman's close relatives were living in our street.I knew that he belonged to Malnadu Brahacharanam Sect and he married a girl from Vadama Sect.All vadama people(I do not know the reason)consider themselves superior as compared to all subsects of Brahacharanam.My classmate who is from Vadama caste insisted that Late.CVR was a Vadama and his wife was from Brahacharanam sect.I had to take him to the relative of late CVR to convince him.
I remember my father telling us that lateCVR in his younger days was staying in our street in TVKOIL,when his father was a professor in a college in Tiruchirapalli.

the thread starter had posted 3 threads with the same topic, query.

i responded in one, and reported the duplicates. i guess my response was one of those threads that was deleted.

my query to the poster: was why post in triplicate (government servant?); what is the purpose of these queries?; he had the query in bold which made me wonder if there was an urgency in the answer.

hopefully vignesh can still reply to me and his take on the two answers below.

thank you

Please do not open the same topic in multiple forums and do not post in all capital letters and bold. It will make you look like a spammer/mischief monger. All your three topics have now been merged!

I do not understand the purpose of the original post.
We are in this universe.
We do not even know how many other universe are there.
Where do I begin the classification? What my aim? Who is paying me?

Respected Sir,

While waiting for my train to arrive at the Varanasi Railway Station, I was chatting with a very senior Vaidika Brahmin ( He was a Telugu). In the course of discussion, this topic too came up.
He was of the opinion that it was Sri Paramacharya's view that:-
A Brahmin among brahmins = Brihachharanam
A Kshatriya among brahmins = Vadama
A Vaishya among brahmins = Vathima
A S***** among brahmins = Ashtasahasram ( I'am not sure regarding this,though).

Thanks

Bringing unity among Brahmins is The Need of Today. No one is Superior and No one is inferior.

We are just less than 3% in Population.

Some guy has already raised an issue about Iyers and Iyengars few months ago and I replied for that .

Then he replied that I am Foolish. He may be a Brilliant Guy (I think so).

Our aim is to Unite all Brahmins under one Umbrella and not to increase the Distance between us.

So I don't find any justification in this.

hello twice born,

if indeed you really believe you are one, that is ok too.

i will go one step beyond TSS's post below. why not consider all hindus as your fellow religionists. how do you think, someone who is relegated to an inferior status feel? would you or i like to be considered 2nd class in our own religion?

let us look at the present and move towards the future. there is no hope if we continue our backward attitude of dividing ourselves into micro groups. unless we have a change of attitudes, our own folks will fall by the wayside and abandon the hindu faith, for the simple reason, it is at dichotomy with the current today's flat world.

think of yourself as a human first and foremost. think of others the same. find commonality among the groups. expand your groups and horizons. you will be a better person for it.

God Bless.

Bringing unity among Brahmins is The Need of Today. No one is Superior and No one is inferior.We are just less than 3% in Population.Some guy has already raised an issue about Iyers and Iyengars few months ago and I replied for that .Then he replied that I am Foolish. He may be a Brilliant Guy (I think so).Our aim is to Unite all Brahmins under one Umbrella and not to increase the Distance between us.So I don't find any justification in this.
Why is bringing brahmins together the Need Of Today...human beings as it is are not united..arent we being selfish here by thinking about brahmins alone?

Why is bringing brahmins together the Need Of Today...human beings as it is are not united..arent we being selfish here by thinking about brahmins alone?

I think this is a question of identity, ie how does one think of oneself?

Human?
South Asian (brown) ?
Indian?
Hindu?
Tamil?
Brahmin?
Iyer?
Vadama?

I think you can learn a lot about yourself by thinking about how many are answered yes.

Why is bringing brahmins together the Need Of Today...human beings as it is are not united..arent we being selfish here by thinking about brahmins alone..

Everybody in India are framing a Party or an Organization to protect for their rights.

Here everybody means all castes and all religious people.....

For Eg : YMCA (Young Men's Christian Association)
Malayali Samajam,Gujarati Association,Thevar Peravai,Kongunadu Makkal Katchi,Saiva Vellalar Peravai etc....

Associations like these are not fighting among themselves.
They are fighting for their rights.

You better reframe the question - what are the differences or unique differentiators between the sects (sub or otherwise). Ranking creates a division, but understanding and respecting the uniqueness of each sect is a trait unique to our sanatana dharma.

In what order the sub sects are ranked (i.e vathima, Mukkani , Ashtasahasram, Chozhiar, Gurukkal, Vadama, Dīkshitar, brahacharanam) and i need the basis on which ranking is done.(if possible with sources).
thanks in advance!!!

Children of Brahmins do not get admission in Colleges and Reputed Institutions sometimes
in spite of their scoring good marks being labeled as a Forward Community in the restricted
quota assigned to them, chiefly because others get into the General Quota and our chances
are getting diminished. Above all Brahmins do not normally unite as a cohesive social unit
which is known to everyone. Nowadays ******* is playing a collective role to bring the Brahmins
together. Perhaps, if all Brahmins come together as a cohesive unit and form a strong forum,
even political parties will heed to our issues.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back