• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Stunning Facts About Sanskrit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smt RR,

That reminds me of my own high school days. In fact I studied Sanskrit through 11th grade (schooling was only 11 years, IIT was 5 year program in those days).
Many of us took Sanskrit to secure higher marks which still seem to be true.

On my own accord I studied from 6th through 8th courses in Bharathiya Vidya Bhavan. I just noticed that they have the same set of exams even today (at least the same set of names)

http://www.bvbdelhi.org/sanskrit/school.html

I dont know if children take such exams for certificates.

I took and passed balbodh through Kovid (noted at the website above). I secured barely enough marks in Kovid and got a certificate earning third class marks (it said thritheeya shreni :) ).
Those days the next level was Shastri certification and I dropped it after seeing the third class certificate in Kovid level :)
Plus the jump was huge and there was no one to really teach. I also realized language studies is not for me and decided biology & medicine are just as bad!

My Sanskrit skills are very rudimentary but I have more profound respect for it and have started re-learning.

Anyway I hope children in the middle schools do get exposed to these Bharathiya vidya bhavan programs.

hi sir

just info...i was sanskrit teacher in Bharatiya vidya bhavan as well as in a famous school in Mylapore....

hi sir

just info...i was sanskrit teacher in Bharatiya vidya bhavan as well as in a famous school in Mylapore....
[/B]

Hats off to you :)
Those courses can be very demanding both for the students and to the teacher especially the advanced ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back