• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Srartham falls on 13th May. But due to lockdown, we are unable to do srartham. If any parikaram for this ?

sarma sastregals says you should not take food on 13th. you may do on krishna patcha ashtami, aekaadasi, amavasai day. If possible you may do by giving rice, vegetables and dhakshinai.

Namaskaram,
I want to have a clarification regarding death of my husband side death. My father-in-law's cousin brother's wife died on 01-05-2020. My father-in-law also no more. My husband will be doing kuzhi tharpanam for her. But now my question is whether we have one year celebrations like Deepavalli, Navaratri,Pongal etc

I have heard from Andhra Pradesh friends that the missed ceremony can be performed during the Mahaalaya Paksham(Pitru Paksham) on the same thithi.It is better to consult a senior Purohit conversant with Shastras.

Namaskaram,
I want to have a clarification regarding death of my husband side death. My father-in-law's cousin brother's wife died on 01-05-2020. My father-in-law also no more. My husband will be doing kuzhi tharpanam for her. But now my question is whether we have one year celebrations like Deepavalli, Navaratri,Pongal etc
Since you told that ur husband did kuzhi tharpanam it is clear that your dayathi expired. So for one year you are not eligible to celebrate all functions.After abdhikam ( First year srartham only you are allowed todo all functions).

My mother srartham falls on 13 th may. But due to lockdown, we are unable to carryout this. Suggest alternate ways to do as per our culture..
Don't worry. Actually it is very hard to do this rituals on this lockdown period. In this unavoidable circumstances only we can follow this dharma.
After finishing the daily Poojas as routine, u put rice ( annum - sadham with ghee on it and a little ellu ( thil ) on it for Crow in upstairs ( kagham - our believed ancestors. ) . Take one meal on that day and one light tiffen in the evening only. U do this on the day of thithi. And if possible u give some dhakshina to any bramin near ur 🏠.
U can do srartham on the next thithi.

My mother srartham falls on 13 th may. But due to lockdown, we are unable to carryout this. Suggest alternate ways to do as per our culture..

Still Vathyar should be available. Did you checked ? I forgot the name, atleast perform srartham without homam.

Giving raw banana to cow is one measure. Observe fast similar to srartham day. Srartham for parents is must for your hereditary, without their blessings, future of ours as well as our kids is dependent on their blessing.

You do one thing near by veda padasalai give money for 1 day food for studying student.
Sir,
In my opinion, donation, gift and other forms of helping the society in any way will give credit to your punyam account, but still your loan account i.e Karma account will remain balance and interest added every time it is missed. Kindly do not mix both items. I think i had somehow explained the dilemma.

Latest ads

Back