• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Srardham for wife

My wife died seven years back.
My son lives in the USA
In the place where he lves he can perform only Hiranya Srardham
After the first annual Srardham all ahve been Hiranym
Is there any way for me to arrange here a Srardham with Pindas
I know I can't do it bu can I get a Vadhar to doit?
hi

where n usa?.... i know some vadhyar in usa...they can help u...

hi

where n usa?.... i know some vadhyar in usa...they can help u...
My b daughter in law is on the committee of the Hindu Temple and the priests in the area in other nearby temples too say it is not done
That is why my query
Thanks

hi

in some temple...online shradha services are doing....
I did a google search Sringeri Vidya Barathi Foundation in Stradsburg is doing it. But that is 10 hours driving for myson
Please can you answer my main qyery
Namaskaram

If Karunya karma is done then it may be transferred from one Karunya karma to other by giving pul to others. Even the pull transfer can be done from person to person by saying manthra. But I doubt whether it is transferred from son to husband and that is why I used to say if for wife let husband do the karma from the start so that husband can do till his last breath.

Still you can contact some vadhyar in person whether it can be transferred.

Where are you? If Chennai means you can contact Ayodhya mandap west Mambalam where many vadhyars assembled or where many vadhyar assembled in some mutts for doing karmas, now there are many in different places.

I did a google search Sringeri Vidya Barathi Foundation in Stradsburg is doing it. But that is 10 hours driving for myson
Please can you answer my main qyery
Namaskaram
hi
if you are in east coast ....sringeri temple is best....if you are in west coast...many california vadhyar

available......if you are midwest....chicago temple is best.....so try to contact nearest temple or

any private vadhyar can help....even in our area....private vadhyars are running own temples...means

employ owned temples....

Theoretically the shastras provide a provision to give power of attorney to a brahmana to do pinda pradana on behalf of others. This is followed when a childless widow wants to perform the rites for her husband and in similar situation. The only catch is that the Brahmana must lead a "Brahmana life" - i.e. he should stay without food the previous night; not have sex the previous night; should not eat outside home; and must not eat anything till he offers pitr tarpana. If you can locate any such person [even in India], then you can ask the gentleman to do pinda pradhana to your wife on behalf of your family.

However, please note that this is not an alternative to your son doing whatever he is doing. It is an additional exercise to satisfy your feelings.

As per Garuda Purana, what your son is doing is also allowed. I am not sure if you are offering any dhana to a Brahmin. It is mandatory to give rice, dal, salt, jaggery, coconut etc along with some dakshine to a Brahmin in your area before you eat lunch that day.

Puranas state that the pitr must be invoked within the Brahmana and he should be fed that day. For our own reasons we seldom do that even in India. While offering the food articles, you invoke the spirit of the person within that Brahmana and ask them to accept these offerings.

You can pay some money that day for brahmin feeding in either Kanchi / Sringeri peetham, ISCKON Temple in Bangalore or in some Raghavendra Swamy temple in India. It will cost you $3 to feed a Brahmin. It is called as Hasthodaka Seva. I am aware that you can do online booking of hasthodaka in Mantralayam that day [https://srsmatha.org/daily-seva.php]

Theoretically the shastras provide a provision to give power of attorney to a brahmana to do pinda pradana on behalf of others. This is followed when a childless widow wants to perform the rites for her husband and in similar situation. The only catch is that the Brahmana must lead a "Brahmana life" - i.e. he should stay without food the previous night; not have sex the previous night; should not eat outside home; and must not eat anything till he offers pitr tarpana. If you can locate any such person [even in India], then you can ask the gentleman to do pinda pradhana to your wife on behalf of your family.

However, please note that this is not an alternative to your son doing whatever he is doing. It is an additional exercise to satisfy your feelings.

As per Garuda Purana, what your son is doing is also allowed. I am not sure if you are offering any dhana to a Brahmin. It is mandatory to give rice, dal, salt, jaggery, coconut etc along with some dakshine to a Brahmin in your area before you eat lunch that day.

Puranas state that the pitr must be invoked within the Brahmana and he should be fed that day. For our own reasons we seldom do that even in India. While offering the food articles, you invoke the spirit of the person within that Brahmana and ask them to accept these offerings.

You can pay some money that day for brahmin feeding in either Kanchi / Sringeri peetham, ISCKON Temple in Bangalore or in some Raghavendra Swamy temple in India. It will cost you $3 to feed a Brahmin. It is called as Hasthodaka Seva. I am aware that you can do online booking of hasthodaka in Mantralayam that day [https://srsmatha.org/daily-seva.php]
Thanks I had also gathered that much from my readings I give miney to a Sumangali on that day as she passed away asa Sumangali. My daughter in law also invites a Sumangali or food My anxiety was that pinda dhanam is eseential and as my Son cannot do it what was the option/
As you have confirmed myviews I am going to arranhe with my Vaadhyar

Latest ads

Back