• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sraddham

Drajan

My elder sister who was widowed early after marriage without issues was staying with me for more than 15 years before her death at the age of 82. I performed her last rights and have been doing hiranya sradham for the past five years. We don't know her gothra either. So there is no tharpanam. Do I still have to continue doing sraddham? Opinions vary from my advisors. Can anyone give me scholarly advice?

sir, please go to www. drikpanchang.com; there click panchangam and again click tamil panchangam then click change date. change the dae to 11-06-2014. nota tamil month and on 11th june is sukla patcha thrayothasi thithi. now go to vihari year panchangam vaikasi month and sukla patcham thrayodasi thithi. Each year yo have to see directly in the new panchangam vaikasi month, sukla patcham thrayodasi thtithi to find out yours thithi date. from prathamai thithi after amavasai is called sukla patcham. from prathamai after pournami upto amavasai is called krishna patcham. 1-6-2019 will come which is correct.

My elder sister who was widowed early after marriage without issues was staying with me for more than 15 years before her death at the age of 82. I performed her last rights and have been doing hiranya sradham for the past five years. We don't know her gothra either. So there is no tharpanam. Do I still have to continue doing sraddham? Opinions vary from my advisors. Can anyone give me scholarly advice?
sir, you have to do . continue doing sraththam.

sir, please go to www. drikpanchang.com; there click panchangam and again click tamil panchangam then click change date. change the dae to 11-06-2014. nota tamil month and on 11th june is sukla patcha thrayothasi thithi. now go to vihari year panchangam vaikasi month and sukla patcham thrayodasi thithi. Each year yo have to see directly in the new panchangam vaikasi month, sukla patcham thrayodasi thtithi to find out yours thithi date. from prathamai thithi after amavasai is called sukla patcham. from prathamai after pournami upto amavasai is called krishna patcham. 1-6-2019 will come which is correct.
Thank you for the advise. Well appreciated

sir, you have to do . continue doing sraththam.

Sir, thank you for your valuable opinion. I think i have to make one more point clear, if I was vague in my last post. As her husband died within 6 months after her marriage before the nuptials no one knows the gotra. So in the last rites the pindam was not joined with the pithrus but was joined with narayanapadi. So there is no tharpanam for the sraddham. So how to do the sankalpam, that's the other issue.

Dear அண்ணா, DrikPanchang has a shraddha tithi calculator https://www.drikpanchang.com/utilities/tithi/hindu-shraddha-tithi-calculator.html
But it returns dates for current year in adjacent Tamil months. Example punya tithi at time of death is Aadi, Krishna Paksha, Chathurthi (7th August 2020). Drik's calculator says annual shraddha is due on chathurthi in Aavani (3rd September). This does not seem to align with the practice of going by the month, paksha, tithi. Please comment and offer your guidance. Thank you.

Latest ads

Back