• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Spread of Hindu Conceptual Tenets

• Thread starter Thread starter Somayaji.S
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Somayaji.S

Somayaji from New York.

There is already a blog regarding the Views of Western Scholars on Hinduism.Mostly they are all viwes expressed during very early years of 20 th Century or earlier Centuries.More over they were the just “Views” of the Scholars.But currently in European and American continents even the commoners started practising many of the Hindu tenets,knowingly or un-kowingly (Gjnaanatha,Agjnaanatha) that they are Hindu tenets.

Ms.Lisa Miller (Columnist in an article in the well known News Week-USA)

“Americans are becoming Hindus ideologically”—an astounding Number of of Americans now believe in re-incarnation”(Soma:-re-incarnation=Punar Janmam)

Professor Loriliai Biernacki (Professor –Religious Studies,Colarado University)—first published in Washington Post and reproduced in News India Times (New York) August,6,2010-page 2.

(quote) ”This conceptual(re-incarnation) importation fromHinduism is seeping in-delibly into the American Psyche.Even a percentage of Self-Identified Christians have little difficulty incorporating this Hindu notion.”(en-quote)—(Soma;- Christians do not believe in re-birth—what here they call re-incarnation)”

(quote) “Similarly the word and concept of KARMA is so commonly parlayed in every day conversation that its Hindu origin no longer registers, as the concept finds its way across wide ranges of scio-economic circles and in all sorts f milieus.”(en-quote)

(quote) “As meme,this spread of Hindu conceptual tenets (Yoga,Re-incarnation,Karma etc) augurs a more healing and soulful alternatives to the mechanizatins of our lives,our bodies and our minds”.—“It promises a “relief” from the heavy burden of a Soul-less Capitalism,to what we find in classical Hindu Philosophical texts described as “Matsya Nyaya(Law of Fishes)-“(en-quote)---(Soma:- Ironically when they feel that we are showing them a “healing and soulful alternative” path,and a “relief” from Soul-less Capitalism”--our younsters in India are going to “Dogs” by blindly “Aping” the Western Capitalism, as their “vallets” are now “over-flowing”=>“dating”—Valentine day—Night life –increasing “Divorce” on petty excuses etc.etc.)

Professor,Rev.Fr.Farncis.X.Clooney,S.J., (Divine School,Harvard University)—same reference—page-3,

(quote)“If we commend ourselves for proclaiming the Gospel while NOT getting Professor Biernacki’s point (of view),we may rather ironically find that for many,the Jesus of the Church will remain a distant and institutional figure,while Jesus seen through HINDU eyes may be the powerful spritual figure”(en-quote)

Professor R.Lamb (convert Hindu)—(Professor,University of Hawaii-USA)—originally published in Washington Post and reproduced in News India Times (New York)—August,13,2010.

“Significantly un-like my Christian teachers,my Hindu teachers did not tell me what I had to believe or what sectarian label I had t wear.Instead they taught me religious practises that would help me find the answers from “within” (en-quote)

Soma:-So long as Hindu Religion was discussed and admired among Western Scholars ,it gave a sense of “Pride”.Now when it starts trickling down the commoners and certain developments give concern and a sense of fear also.I think I shall discuss my misgivings in my next post afetr seeing responses for this post.

Somayaji.S.

We have no problem if Americans or Europeans find something good and helpful for their lives, in Hinduism and adopt those beliefs and practices. But, for conservative brahmins like me, the importing, wholesale, of the western customs, practices and values of life in India is very disturbing. It looks as though, within a few years, India will go down the American way and those people will take away all good things from Hinduism and sell it back to us at astronomically high prices and once again loot us as if they were colonizing India!

We have no problem if Americans or Europeans find something good and helpful for their lives, in Hinduism and adopt those beliefs and practices. But, for conservative brahmins like me, the importing, wholesale, of the western customs, practices and values of life in India is very disturbing. It looks as though, within a few years, India will go down the American way and those people will take away all good things from Hinduism and sell it back to us at astronomically high prices and once again loot us as if they were colonizing India!

Fool us one time shame on you fool us 2nd time shame on us.
If you are a doormat people will wipe their feet on it, so please do not be a door mat.
You are right, them using our knowledge is good, we should know what we have before we buy it.

Last edited:
May be its high time we realize that Sanathana Dharma is UNIVERSAL and not solely patented for India alone.
May be India was supposed to lead the way but looks as if others might be paving the way for us Indians soon.
Well dont blame anyone..but ourselves..its us Hindus these days who try to be extremely "rational " in thinking and its comes with a price.
Others have realized the value of Sanathana Dharma and thats really a blessing.

Anyway I have no problems with anyone practicing Sanathana Dharma.
Its the birth right of any human being in this world.

After all the Avatar said
Paritranaya sadhunam vinashaya cha dushkritam.
Dharma sansthapanarthaya sambhavami yuge yuge.
(Gita 4:8)
For the up-liftment of the good and virtuous,
For the destruction of evil,
For the re-establishment of the natural law,
I will come, in every age

The Avatar sounded very Universal in His above Stanza.

So be happy..the world will be a better place soon!!

Last edited:
Dear Renuka

If you have not already done so, please watch the movie "Audrey Rose - 1977"
supposedly based on a true story - book also by the same name.

Yay yem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back