• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sports and Arts - Do they enhance the economic value of a Nation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sachin's Recent 100 Centuries and the discussion around it lead me to start this.
With the world getting more materialistic and business minded, we tend to see everything from
a perspective of economy, growth and financial impact. Therefore certain aspects of Life, like sports, entertainment are some times not viewed with the same scale or yard sticks as a business growth or success. At the same time there is lot of money being poured into Sport, with very few beneficiaries.
I have the following questions? When I say Arts, I mean to include music, films, drama etc.,
- Are Sports and Arts really sponsored with the same spirit of talent, or it just another business?
- Are Sports and Arts a necessity for a Nation to develop and grow?
- Do Sports and Arts help an average family, or they are just one other choice of career?

Sachin's Recent 100 Centuries and the discussion around it lead me to start this.
With the world getting more materialistic and business minded, we tend to see everything from
a perspective of economy, growth and financial impact. Therefore certain aspects of Life, like sports, entertainment are some times not viewed with the same scale or yard sticks as a business growth or success. At the same time there is lot of money being poured into Sport, with very few beneficiaries.
I have the following questions? When I say Arts, I mean to include music, films, drama etc.,
- Are Sports and Arts really sponsored with the same spirit of talent, or it just another business?
- Are Sports and Arts a necessity for a Nation to develop and grow?
- Do Sports and Arts help an average family, or they are just one other choice of career?

A talent is God given. People who have the talent and a passion for it, pursue it, without the monetary consideration. They take it as a profession irrespective of the business sense. They may or may not be considered successful.

Some people follow a profession purely for money, they may do good in the eyes of society, but be miserable in their life, because there is no passion in it for them.

For an average person sometimes it is better to play it safe. Get a good education and get a job paying decent salary, that might satisfy them. Some are overachievers let them pursue for the excellence (like Tendulker, Jordon, Messi, Amitab, Ravi Shankar, AR Rahman, Lata etc), money chases them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back