• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sponsoring a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Silverfox,

I will sponsor Balu vadyar's child (Subalaji's reference) and will call him this sunday.

I read Prabha's and Gmukund's email too. I dont mind extending help to one of them and will wait for your verification.

With the number of potential (genuine) requests for help, we can consider cerating a fund for organized charity. There will be number of like minded individuals willing to contribute.

Regards,
Bala.

Dear Bala:
Thank you for your posting. As a matter of fact, both Balaji and I are in the process of establishing a trust and am in talks with a Charted Accountant.

I also have talked to Prabha's friend and it seemed genuine. He has lot his job and he needed help with his daughter's tuition, etc., to the tune of Rs.2000. I have asked him to write to us here so that members can see.

And.... thank you so much for your generocity; it is people like you that makes this world a better place!

GMUKUND:
Could you please give some specific information about this family like their address and where they live. If it is in Coimbatore, we have to have one of our volunteers check out the facts; not that I don't trust you! but we need to do this for everybody.
Please send the info to me by way of private message; we wouldn't want everybody to see their address.

Last edited:
Thanks Silverfox for talking to Prabha's friend. Count me in to help them too. Maybe we should start a new separate thread for each individual help/sponsorship request. Might be easy to track.

Ramki

Dear Bala:
Thank you for your posting. As a matter of fact, both Balaji and I are in the process of establishing a trust and am in talks with a Charted Accountant.

I also have talked to Prabha's friend and it seemed genuine. He has lot his job and he needed help with his daughter's tuition, etc., to the tune of Rs.2000. I have asked him to write to us here so that members can see.

And.... thank you so much for your generocity; it is people like you that makes this world a better place!

GMUKUND:
Could you please give some specific information about this family like their address and where they live. If it is in Coimbatore, we have to have one of our volunteers check out the facts; not that I don't trust you! but we need to do this for everybody.
Please send the info to me by way of private message; we wouldn't want everybody to see their address.

Dear Subalaji,
I spoke to Balu Vadiyar today and discussed sponsorship for his daughter currently studying in primary school. I agreed to pay for her monthly expenses and yearly school fees. He will send her school and other details for me to remit her monthly expenses. I have also asked him to figure out a way to keep in touch with me on regular basis. I will progress quickly as soon as I hear from him. I presume he will contact you to pass me the details.
Regards,
Bala.

Thanks

hi,

Based on my posting , Mr.Hariharan from this forum has come forward to help
Mr. Ragunath's daughter's education and he has already tranferred the necessary amount to his account. Hariharan is also willing to sponsor the studies the next year also.
Thanks Bala for considering my request.So now you can look at the other
requests.

Thanks to Hariharan for the timely help

Thanks,
Prabha

Dear Prabha:
After talking with your friend, Mr. Ragunath, I had asked him to post his resume as well as the request on the forum but didn't hear from him.
In any case, I am very happy to hear that Hariharan is taking care of Ragunath's daughter's education. This is great!
Thank you, Hari, for your timely help. You sure put your money where the mouth is!

Reg. the other archaka ...

Subalaji,
You wrote that there were two archakas who needed help educating their children. From this thread it seems that Mr. Bala Subramaniam is sponsoring Balu Vadyar's child. I will be happy to help the other Archaka. Will you please forward me the details. Like Dr. Bala - I too would like to hear from the student now and then.
Thank you for your valuable ground-support.
Dear Mr.Balasubramaniam , two archaka's whom I know are finding it difficult to educate their children , pls let me know what all details u want , do u want to give them money annually or keep some money in a account and send them interest, I can make sure the fees get paid directly in the school, normally it costs about 12000/- per year for educating one child just for school fees and books in Tamilnadu , I will get exact details to you

Dear Bala:
I am terribly sorry but we all are caught up with our careers and what have you!
Let me get hold of Balaji and convey the message - Balaji is probably traveling - we will definitely get back to you.
Thank you for being patient.

I had written sometime back about Mr Viswanathan who is working in a temple. ( not an archakar). He has two children (girls). He would appreciate some financial assistance. I have managed to garner some support but still need help from this forum if the fees for the two girls have to be met.

The girls are in class XI and X and I would be glad to pass on his details if anybody is willing to come forward to help.

Dear Mr. Balasubramaniam, you can use me as contact point or his cell number, he was mentioning it costs total Rs.10000/- per year , 70% is feesand rest is school keeps asking something or other over an year
Thanks a lot for ur help, does he have ur contacts
Regards

Bhooma,

I will get back to you soon after sending the details to few people , from my side I can give Rs. 3000/- now , let me know how?

Can someone pls consolidate list of needy people and send me an email, I can organize for help thru some of my relatives and friends, [email protected], I would prefer one mail having list of people and thier contacts , it is becoming a little bit of challenge to keep track of all postings and figuring out help , is there a way an excel sheet cn be put up and people can keep updating them

dear sir, I am gopalaswamyretired civil engineer from rlys.I have come accross a purphit family in which after death of of a young purohit, his wife a deaf and dumbwomen of age about 35with one girl child stugdying in class 7 presently supported by poor grand father.If you kindly give your e mail Id I will send the full details to you .This case is a pitiable case and need uor help in some form or other at least for educating the girl of that demised poor purohit regards
s.gopalaswamy

Hi Balaji
Nice to hear from you; it has been a long time. I know you were very busy with your professional life. Do you remember? I used to keep a excel spreadsheet of these requests. Then somehow we all dropped the bucket! I had also been away for a while. Let us ask our members to send the requests and then we can compile a list. Shri RVR is also spearheading this effort.
Can somebody help out the poor purohit widow (see posting by one Mr. Gopalaswamy) after proper verification?

Mr. Gopalaswamy: Please provide Mr. Balaji (to his personal email id) or Mr. RVR the name and address of this widow so that we could help after verifying the facts. Please do not post the details in the public forum.
Thanks

Can someone pls consolidate list of needy people and send me an email, I can organize for help thru some of my relatives and friends, [email protected], I would prefer one mail having list of people and thier contacts , it is becoming a little bit of challenge to keep track of all postings and figuring out help , is there a way an excel sheet cn be put up and people can keep updating them

dear sir, I am gopalaswamyretired civil engineer from rlys.I have come accross a purphit family in which after death of of a young purohit, his wife a deaf and dumbwomen of age about 35with one girl child stugdying in class 7 presently supported by poor grand father.If you kindly give your e mail Id I will send the full details to you .This case is a pitiable case and need uor help in some form or other at least for educating the girl of that demised poor purohit regards
s.gopalaswamy

Sri Gopalaswamy,

Please send details of the Purohit family with contact details, phone number etc through personal message. We are registerering a Trust by next week end and we shall verify the party and do the needful through the trust

All the best

Sri Gopalaswamy,

Please send details of the Purohit family with contact details, phone number etc through personal message. We are registerering a Trust by next week end and we shall verify the party and do the needful through the trust

All the best

We are awaiting the positive outcome regdg the Trust and also for positive support to the needy child.

We are ready and willing to do whatever possible and relevant in this regard.

Dear Sir, Regards, I have sent an e mail to Mr balaji with all details pleaseregardss.gopalaswamy

Dear Sir, I have sent the full details to Mr Balaji as called for by him to his e mail Id and as per his request, I am not posting the details in the forum please
regards
s.gopalaswamy

We are awaiting the positive outcome regdg the Trust and also for positive support to the needy child.

We are ready and willing to do whatever possible and relevant in this regard.

Sri Suryakasyapa,

The trust is being registered by this week end and will be operational from 1st Sep 2010. I shall keep the developments of the trust in a separate thread in this forum.

In the meantime, we have already started the activity of helping poor members of our community and we shall merge all these activities with the trust.

One NRI members has given Rs 46,000 plus and we have already given to a deserving boy for engineering education as interest free loan. The collections from this loan will be credited to the trust account.

If I get more particulars about the Purohit family, I shall visit the family personally and ascertain the genuineness and post my report in this thread.

All the best

Dear Sri Gopalaswamy,

If you can send the address/contact details of the purohit family to me, I shall verify the genuiness and post the details in this thread so that our members can contribute for the boy's education.

All the best

Dear Sir, I have sent the full details to Mr Balaji as called for by him to his e mail Id and as per his request, I am not posting the details in the forum please
regards
s.gopalaswamy

regards
s.gopalaswamy

Sri.Gopalswamy,

It seems you have responded to Sri.Balaji to his message posted in Mrach, 2007. It looks like Sri.RVR seems to have formed a trust. It seems like a good idea to send Sri.RVR a PM with details. Just a thought.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back